Volkswagen Vento Road Test Drive Review

Re: Volkswagen Vento Road Test Review

[thumbsup]Guys, recently received a mail that VW has added a new trim to the vento (Comfortline).
Does VW has added ABS to this trim ? If so then it another value-for-money package .

Folks,
Has anybody got IPL Kit Edition 2 ? I am being offered the kit by the dealer now. This is in lieu of the Rs. 5000/- cash discount I had got.

1. Should I go for the leatherette seats of the kit ? Right now it is fabric.

2. Is the multimedia pad worth it ? It has 3G based NAV + SD card slot among the useful stuff. Elsewhere I read that the unit seems to be cheaply made. I wonder why Nippon would do so. I am yet to see it for myself.

3. How are the floor mats ?

If it is not worth, then I would rather live with the 5k discount instead of some useless stuff.

Folks,
Has anybody got IPL Kit Edition 2 ? I am being offered the kit by the dealer now. This is in lieu of the Rs. 5000/- cash discount I had got.

1. Should I go for the leatherette seats of the kit ? Right now it is fabric.

2. Is the multimedia pad worth it ? It has 3G based NAV + SD card slot among the useful stuff. Elsewhere I read that the unit seems to be cheaply made. I wonder why Nippon would do so. I am yet to see it for myself.

3. How are the floor mats ?

If it is not worth, then I would rather live with the 5k discount instead of some useless stuff.
Hi ssachin,

Which version you are going to take TL, CL, or HL. As far as I know the IPL edition is offered only for TL & CL and if the dealer is offering 5k cash discount or IPL editions better go for IPL edition. You will get the seat cover, floor mat, door stills and the Multimedia pad which is worth more than 5k

Regards,

rashv

Hi ssachin,

Which version you are going to take TL, CL, or HL. As far as I know the IPL edition is offered only for TL & CL and if the dealer is offering 5k cash discount or IPL editions better go for IPL edition. You will get the seat cover, floor mat, door stills and the Multimedia pad which is worth more than 5k

Regards,

rashv
Hi rashv,
I decided to go ahead with the IPL kit, not just for the kit itself but also for the two corporate passes for the IPL qualifier match which was offered for the unhappiness I had expressed with the dealer. I, however had to return Rs. 5000/- discount that was given to me in lieu of IPL kit for my Petrol AT Vento.

1. I did not get the leatherette seat covers fitted. I prefer fabric.

2. The floor mats have quite a good grip. Tough to maintain during monsoons.

3. The door sills look neat and hope are useful.

4. The streaming device is an Android based Carpad from MapMyIndia. It is of average quality. A navigation device would be useful anyday.

5. No IPL stickers on the car as well.

Guess it was worth giving back Rs. 5000/- . More on these in my ownership thread, hopefully soon !

Re:Vento Highline (Petrol)2012

i want to buy vento highline petrol,but 2012 model is not available anywhere ,all dealers are still selling their old 2011 model.
they all are saying waiting period for 2012 model is 4 week, but i'm wondering that wheteher 2012 model hasn't hit the road yet if it doesn't what might be the reason.
vento highline deisel is available but why notpetrol

Re: Vento Highline (Petrol)2012

i want to buy vento highline petrol,but 2012 model is not available anywhere ,all dealers are still selling their old 2011 model.
they all are saying waiting period for 2012 model is 4 week, but i'm wondering that wheteher 2012 model hasn't hit the road yet if it doesn't what might be the reason.
Yes thats true. I inquired my dealer at Noida.

the new model would be available from last week of July and with a price hike of around 60k, with new features like leather upholstery, parking sensor, new music system etc.

The dealer was not sure about the delay in dispatch of petrol models, and he says that the plant itself has not started dispatching them

Have a word with your dealer and ask him about the new features, then decide whether new features are worth 60k and then decide on booking.

i want to buy vento highline petrol,but 2012 model....
I checked with the dealer, M/s Palace Cross and it is 2 months here in Bangalore. The petrol models delivered so far had all the updates as compared to Diesel counterparts, except the Leatherette upholstery (there is no leather upholstery). Funnily, only the driver armrest got the leatherette upholstery.

Last edited:

Hey Rachs, May it is because of the recent price hikes of Petrol which the company must have anticipated and preferred to sell its Diesel versions as part of their selling strategy.

Moreover if you look at the stocks of Diesel variants available at Showrooms now it is of the March and April 2012 makes - meaning the stocks took two months to reach the end customers like us so there could be a possibility that the company must have hold the petrol variants as a strategy move because this is the time where people will be looking at the diesel variants more.

Thanks boss for info, but actually the car will not be available before last quarter, that's what the co. told me in mail

Hey , does any one took a test drive of Renault duster, ?
If yes, how's it , is it worth buying?
Im confused whether to buy vento HL petrol or Duster petrol

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks boss for info, but actually the car will not be available before last quarter, that's what the co. told me in mail

Hey , does any one took a test drive of Renault duster, ?
If yes, how's it , is it worth buying?
Im confused whether to buy vento HL petrol or Duster petrol
which dealership are you connected to in delhi? even i bought one TDI recently, and both petrol and diesel variants were available with my dealership, even they had AT's as well, that too 2012 model!!

Friends,

I just drove a Vento highline diesel today of my colleague bought it a week back. I felt this is the right thread to post my experience rather than opening a new thread as I am not going update the things regularlarly

It is really a good sedan with nice power, gear is sleek, low end torque is good, easy to drive, suspension is ok, head room is less for me, overall a good package with 11.5L OTR in Hyderabad.

It is really powerful and there is a indication of gears in which we are driving and it also tells you to change the gear to up and down words based on the speed of the car.

I felt the reverse gear engaging is bit different in this and felt troublesome while bringing it back to neutral(I did not like it) why it can't be a normal procedure like other cars ??

Since it was a small drive, so I am unable to elaborate much on the driving experience more, have some pics here

Attachments

Friends,
I felt the reverse gear engaging is bit different in this and felt troublesome while bringing it back to neutral(I did not like it) why it can't be a normal procedure like other cars ??
The reverse gearing is NORMAL for an European car mate. Its just differently normal in India.

Top Bottom