Volkswagen Vento Highline in My Garage

Thread Starter #32
was wondering if ovrm are safe or not in this process do you have before and after photos will try this next time [:)]
Vento's orvm are quite heavy and durable, so had a go. But Indigo's ORVM's are really light, so i stick with 3M for foam wash.
I also had this question in mind but i found out that it's no harm to the car's body and orvm's.

I have uploaded the photos on Instagram, but don't know how to download high quality pics from there. Any idea?

I read earlier in Vento's manual that Volkswagen doesn't recommend washing your car in Automatic Car wash stations. IDK why.

Thread Starter #34
Do instagram offers the facility to upload HD photos ? Try to access Instagram from desktop maybe you can right click on image and the save it ?
i tried that, but we have to take a screenshot. Other option is to download a software.

I saved that screenshot in Ms word, but during upload, it says, file invalid.

Screenshot using print screen button right ? You can paste that screen shot in MS Paint too after pressing prnt scrn button goto MS Paint and press ctrl+v and the save .

Thread Starter #37
Guys, Today i detailed my GERMAN BABE. [:D]

Products and Methods used;

1. Amway Car Shampoo- Removes dirt, grime, almost foam wash and leaves a pleasant smell.
2. Hand mitt.
3. Microfiber cloth
4. Two bucket method.
5. Motomax dashboard and plastic polish.

will post photos tomorrow.

Thread Starter #40
Hello,
It's been a long time since i posted on this thread.
Vento will turn 7 in June and Odo reads 130000kms. Wonderful experience with this mile munching sedan over the course of time.
BBDM2940.JPG

I will be active on this thread and will update with service costs, periodic maintenance had taken place in the past 7 years.

Thread Starter #41
IMG_5540.JPG

130000 kms update
Its been 7 years now and still drives like a new car. As per VW guidelines, 15000 kms/1 year is the service interval which i strongly believe is not suitable for indian conditions. We have various scenarios like varying temperature change, road conditions, pollution, etc.
I live in New Delhi and due to climatic conditions and pollution/dirt, air filter gets clogged around 4000-5000 kms, depending upon the condition i clean the air filter or change it at home.
Parts are not that expensive as General service filter like air filter costs 350Rs. Would recommend VAG owners to follow a service interval of 8000-10000 kms as it helps to keep the engine in good condition.

I have got my car serviced at FNG's and at VW service centers. My last 3 services were done by VW only due to the following reasons:
  • Major service is at 100000 kms which includes Timing kit overhaul/replacement and VW provides 2 years warranty on it.
  • Service charges/labour charges, maintenance parts and consumables costs have gone down compared to exorbitantly high prices in past.
  • VW started using Castrol Edge Professional 5W-40, previously it was Castrol Magnetic(more on that later).
1.6 TDI sounds like a tractor especially during winters and its quite embarrassing when you switch on your car. Cold starts are very long and after couple of minutes it settles down.
A good high quality synthetic engine oil for german cars is a necessity. Narrowed my search to Liqui Moly Toptec 5W-40 which meets 1.5/1.6TDI specs and has a long oil change interval of 25000kms which in Indian conditions can last 15000kms.
  • Oil level remains same which is not the case with Castrol magnetec what VW uses- 1litre oil consumption is there 2000-3000 kms.
  • No diesel clatter, cold start rough idle, vibrations are not there which are associated with diesel engines.
lm-5w-40-top-tec-4100-motor-oil-500x500.jpg

Liqui Moly Toptec is currenty not available in Indian market, good german oil which i used for 2 years. Due to various complaints regarding oil consumption, VW started using Castrol Edge Professional- Made In Malaysia. I'm happy with Castrol Edge as of now, during summers performance of engine feels same but for winters i found Liqui Moly Toptec best out there.

Major Expenses till date:
  • Major service at 1.15l kms- timing kit overhaul, engine mounting, gear shifter module, clutch overhaul- 40000rs
VW changes flywheel with clutch, as 1.6 TDI's flywheel can be resurfaced so Clutch overhaul was carried out at FNG, clutch was procured from Kashmere Gate, New Delhi. Oem VW clutch manufacturer is LUK, luckily i could source the VW LUK clutch set.

Car is running on factory struts and they are fine for another 10000-15000 kms. Recently changed suspension components such as:
  • Link rods/tie- Stark ZF
  • Ball joints- ZF
  • LCA bush- Lemforder ZF, Meyle
  • Jumping rod bush- ZF
  • Rear Struts dust cover- Meyle
Sourced these parts from Karol bagh, New Delhi. ZF parts are manufactured in Brazil and Meyle Germany. Had an option to go for Indian manufactured ZF parts Chakan but they are not of high quality.
Earlier i had changed LCA bush back at 40000kms to Febi Bilstein- Manufactured in Germany.

For past couple of months i was looking for lowering springs as i was primarily concerned with the visual appearance of the vehicle and not compromise on comfort and ride quality. I was not satisfied with stock oem springs as they tend to be more bouncy while driving on uneven highway surfaces at triple digit speeds, loads of body roll while cornering. Major manufactures are retailing lowering springs in India but none of them have positive reviews regarding Indian road conditions, leading to bad ride quality on uneven surfaces, over potholes. My monthly running is around 2000-3000kms comprising of city roads, highways and i wanted the perfect balance in ride and handling department without comprising the comfort offered by stock VW springs.
I narrowed down to one particular manufacturer which got positive reviews from people who installed these springs on Vento/Rapid/Polo and after taking my own sweet time, finally installed these springs in particular specification which will serve me for track days, driving on highways while keeping in mind our road conditions.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Last edited:

Top Bottom