Volkswagen Vento Highline in My Garage

Thread Starter #18
Lovely review Maneet92. Your Vento looks pretty stunning in those pics. Rating this thread a well deserved 5 star, although I would love to see more pics of your VW. Good to see another Army brat on board here on TAI and even better hailing from Chandigarh itself. [;)] Keep it up mate and do keep this thread alive and running. Would surely keep an eye on the updates here regarding the vehicles performance and running costs.
thanks GM88!!. More pics of my Vento are on it's way. I'm from Mohali, sec-71.

Congratulations for your new ride. [glasses]
Thanks saroya

Congrats buddy, nice car :)
Any mods planned ?

Streetlife, no mods planned as of now, looking for a new ICE b/w pioneer nex series and blaupunkt philadelphia.

Congrats on your new ride Maneet92 welcome to the VW group.
thanks Sandykudva for your wishes...

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Vento. So what were your comments about FIAT Linea after your test drive.
I test drived my friend's Linea. I was more impressed by her than Vento. Ticked all my driving needs but A.S.S was an issue. My friend's Linea has covered around 35-40k kms and one can hear the dashboard rattles.

If it was me who was looking for a car rather than my dad, i would have gone with Linea T-Jet. Excellent motor, great ride, handling.

If Ford had that Ecoboost Engine in Fiesta, that was my second pick.

But Vento came as an all rounder .

Nice report to read from 1st car to Vento. Congratulations for new car, wishing you a happy motoring. [:)]
Thanks! HaruH!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
I was not happy with the free car mats provided by Volkswagen.
Searched many threads and finally narrowed my search on Kagu 3D Mats.
I got a quote of Rs5500 in Palika Bhavan car market(Opposite to Hyatt), Rk Puram.
I had some work in Chandigarh, so decided to get these there.
Finally got them for Rs4500.

DSC02231.JPG

DSC02230.JPG

DSC02232.JPG

DSC02233.JPG

DSC02238.JPG

I don't now why but the car accessories in Chandigarh are cheaper than in Delhi. Stuff from kashmiri gate goes to Chandigarh, still it's cheaper to buy there.

Thread Starter #21
SO!! Now i'm finally back. Sorry guys. Had some work at home an exams were going on. Apologies [surprise]

So my vento has crossed 18k mark.
I just love her. She is a killer machine. Amazing ride, driving dynamics, Mileage- 18-19kmpl.

Issues faced so far-
1. Headlights beam focus screwed after taking her for the 15000kms service.(well long story, in short, pathetic service by Vw Noida)

2. Rear Vw logo stolen.

No squeaks. Door squeaks no more after wd-40 spray treatment.

Congrats for the Vento, a good and proportionate looking car! [:)]
I read that your 800 has been to wellington as well. How did you take your 800 to wellington?

Thread Starter #24
Congrats for the Vento, a good and proportionate looking car! [:)]
I read that your 800 has been to wellington as well. How did you take your 800 to wellington?
Thanks!! Rollerdude. She is indeed an excellent car.

800 was transported with other household items on Truck from Dinjan, Assam to wellington, TN.

Thanks!! Rollerdude. She is indeed an excellent car.

800 was transported with other household items on Truck from Dinjan, Assam to wellington, TN.
You are welcome.
Lol, you meant Wellington in Tamil Nadu, I took it for Wellington, New Zealand!! :biggrin: Was sitting thinking why will someone take their car to abroad even if one wants a driving holiday!!![lol]

Thread Starter #27
i washed my car today evening.

Two bucket method-

1. Amway shampoo.
2. 3M microfiber cloth.
3. 3M rubbing compound to remove minor scratches.

My tyre dresser is finished, so will use it next time.

Attachments

Last edited:
congrats bro sorry for being late was little bit busy [clap] a complete family sedan you bought wish you millions of happy miles with her , update the thread regularly , like the color [:)]

Thread Starter #30
Month ago, went to automatic car wash station. For all Delhi people, It's situated at HP sec 23 dwarka PUMP. THey offer all car wash facilities.

Automatic car wash
Polishing
Rubbing
INterior cleaning.

Though i would recommend go for Auto Car wash. For 650 bucks. I have annual card for Nitrogen, discounts on wheel bal, allignment and other services. So it costs me 450RS.

Machine measures your car dimensions and then your car is ready to go. they use some foam solution also. Car looks absolutely brilliant after wash.

Attachments

Top Bottom