Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel 2012 - Terra Beige.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Vento Highline Diesel 2012 - Terra Beige...SHANGHAI

mostly all diesel have turbo lag. swift , laura etc etc.

but i drove the i20 diesel 1.4 and it didn't have any turbo lag [:)] so i'm guessing same is with 1.6 in verna.

i can see lots of legroom and rear ac vents[thumbsup]

what VW offers , hyundai doesn't and what hyundai offers VW doesn't [lol]

mostly all diesel have turbo lag. swift , laura etc etc.

but i drove the i20 diesel 1.4 and it didn't have any turbo lag [:)] so i'm guessing same is with 1.6 in verna.

i can see lots of legroom and rear ac vents[thumbsup]

what VW offers , hyundai doesn't and what hyundai offers VW doesn't [lol]
DISAGREE. Hyundai is no exception. Turbos best perform in constant rpm condition (We are talking about pulse turbos used in cars). But cars running at a range of rpms, turbo lag is inevitable at certain rpms. Only with advancement of technology, this lag is reducing. There's nothing like no turbo lag!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

well i don't know , i test drove the swift , and in second gear pressed the accelerator , had to wait for 2-3 seconds then the car lifted off. and i test drove the i20 also , and it had nothing like that. you change gear and press the accelerator and off it went.

i just shared my experience what i felt.

well i don't know , i test drove the swift , and in second gear pressed the accelerator , had to wait for 2-3 seconds then the car lifted off. and i test drove the i20 also , and it had nothing like that. you change gear and press the accelerator and off it went.

i just shared my experience what i felt.
All turbos have a lag, it's inevitable. It's only a matter that how much!! When you press the accelerator you expect speed, but in turbo vehicles the turbo has to spool first to give you that kick. This time taken by turbo to spool is the turbo lag. In some vehicles it's less in some it's more but it's always there.
Now, to experience the same in i20, drive in 3rd gear for some time at rpms ranging around 1600-1700. Press the accelerator fastly and see that i20 too would take a couple seconds to shoot.

freakdude.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

oh ok so that's how it works [:)] thanks for explaining.

but i think hyundai's 1.4 doesn't have turbo chargers[confused]

congratz on the Vento vbaskar!
terra beige looks great on vento! its my favourite colour on vento. Its a great car. the sudden turbo surge is what i like in this car the most. :biggrin:

Congratulations vbaskar. It is a fantastic car. Beige looks awesome.

I was just wondering as to how you managed to get such discounts/offers on a 2012 model, that too on a Diesel, considering that it really sells well. I have booked a Vento Petrol AT with Palace Cross, Bangalore and any tips to negotiate would help me. I booked the car in November and since then it has been a painful wait [frustration], and now I am going to get it in second week of May, if everything goes well. I would of course use this to get some discounts. Prices have also gone up by more than 60k now. Thanks to GoI and VW [cry].

@vbhaskar
Congrates. Your Vento is a looker. Terra beige is least seen colour in Vento on roads.

DISAGREE. Hyundai is no exception. Turbos best perform in constant rpm condition (We are talking about pulse turbos used in cars). But cars running at a range of rpms, turbo lag is inevitable at certain rpms. Only with advancement of technology, this lag is reducing. There's nothing like no turbo lag!!
Extremely sorry iam going off topic here.
Nozzlering in Renault pulse the SA told me put the car in 5 gear and at speed of 40 he told me to remove my leg from the throttle and believe me the car kept moving at that speed without any input from me why so ?

Hey congrats buddy . Good to see stearing mounted audio controls , does it support bluetooth ?
When i was searching for a diesel car last september it was a clash between vento and the verna . Minimum equipment level was a turn down for vento even though vento felt better during test drive, glad to see the equipment levels have increased .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Extremely sorry iam going off topic here.
Nozzlering in Renault pulse the SA told me put the car in 5 gear and at speed of 40 he told me to remove my leg from the throttle and believe me the car kept moving at that speed without any input from me why so ?
its normal , i don't know the exact reason but you can try this any car , don't accelerate in 1st 2nd or any gear but the car will still move.

its normal , i don't know the exact reason but you can try this any car , don't accelerate in 1st 2nd or any gear but the car will still move.
Yes I know but it was in 5th gear no input infact my both legs were free and the car was moving nicely for atleast 3 to4 Kms

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

yes it will move [:)] when i take out my car from my street , i put the car in 2nd gear and it runs automatically without my foot on the accelerator [:)]

yes it will move [:)] when i take out my car from my street , i put the car in 2nd gear and it runs automatically without my foot on the accelerator [:)]
Anyway allhyundai we will discuss this in another thread as we are hijacking the OPs thread [lol]. Sorry that I started this topic here.

Top Bottom