Volkswagen Vento Facelift Launched (Now With 1.5 TDi)

Re: 2014 Vento 'Refresh' Launching Soon

Thanks VM for live update. They have definitely come up good pricing in auto transmission. Now waiting for one more day to get the Rapid's pricing.

Thread Starter #32

Thanks VM for live update. They have definitely come up good pricing in auto transmission. Now waiting for one more day to get the Rapid's pricing.
Here is more, bookings open now, contact your dealer. Booking amount at 50k INR. Delivery on any variant other than DSG will be one month. DSG waiting period 2 months as of NOW.
Dealers have the cars but not ofically dispalyed in showrooms. I am referencing cities other tahn Mumbai(lauch venue)

350Z

Core Team

Volkswagen India has made the debut of Vento refresh with much awaited 1.5 TDi that we first saw in Polo (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-polo-1-5-tdi-review-test-drive-pictures.html).

The car will now be available in following versions:

> 1.6 MPI (MT): Trendline, Comfortline, Highline

> 1.2 TSI (7-speed DSG): Comfortline, Highline

> 1.5 TDI (MT): Trendline, Comfortline, Highline

> 1.5 TDI (7-speed DSG): Comfortline, Highline

Specifications:

> 1.5 TDi: 103 PS Horsepower and 250 Nm Torque. ARAI claimed mileage: 21.21 Kmpl.

> 1.2 TSi: 103 PS Horsepower and 175 Nm Torque. ARAI claimed mileage: 16.93 Kmpl.

> 1.6 MPi: 103 Horsepower and 153 Nm Torque. ARAI claimed mileage: 15.04 Kmpl.

Note: The 1.5 TDi is also available with segment-fist 7 speed DSG auto transmission.

Additional Features:

> Dual Beam Headlamps

> Redesigned 15" Alloy Wheels

> Flat Bottom Multi-Function Steering

> Dual Airbags Standard (On all variants)

> New Toffee Brown and Night Blue Exterior Color

Price (Ex.showroom, Mumbai)

> 1.5 TDi: Rs.8.57 - Rs.9.90 Lakh

> 1.6 MPi: Rs.7.44 - Rs.8.87 Lakh

> 1.2 TSi DSG: Rs.9.35 - 9.92 Lakh

> 1.5 TDi DSG: Rs.10.49 - 10.94 Lakh

Speaking at the launch of the new Vento, Mr. Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. said "It has been our constant endeavour to provide leading automotive technologies to our customers in India, as elsewhere in the world. The new Vento 1.5 TDI, which is available with our advanced 7-Speed Dual-Clutch DSG automatic transmission, underlines the fact that Volkswagen cars are at the forefront with class-leading technologies, in their respective segments. Our cars have always represented high standards of safety, impeccable build quality, and outstanding driving dynamics, and with all of these, we take one more step forward with the new Vento."
Volkswagen-Vento-Facelift-01.JPG

Volkswagen-Vento-Facelift-03.JPG

Tech-1.png

Tech-2.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

As per dealer in Hyderabad, there is no such thing as "1.2 TSI (7-speed DSG): Comfortline".
I am done with these guys. Will move on to City SVT CVT.

As per dealer in Hyderabad, there is no such thing as "1.2 TSI (7-speed DSG): Comfortline".
I am done with these guys. Will move on to City SVT CVT.
Ask that SE his work experience with that dealership. He might be one of the stupid SE since he is unaware of the variants available on Vento. If he isn't experienced one try other SE and if the story is same, head to another dealer. I am really surprised by the knowledge of VW guys in a big city like Hyderabad. The dealer in my city is far far better with appreciable knowledge. Same case with Skoda Dealership too. They are very unlike Skoda in other cities.

If you're not keen on Vento, City is the segment best.

I also had horrible experiences with VW Dealers in Hyderabad. I made several calls to book Polo GT TSI. I shared this in my earlier posts. I called up Skoda folks today. At least they are keen on selling the car and told me they can deliver Rapid DSG Elegance in two weeks. Asked them for test drive, SE told me they have manual right now but he will check and get back to me if he can arrange DSG by tomorrow (they were expecting DSG today evening). I test drove City. But was looking for safest(with ESP) and best automatic. Nothing comes close to Vento or Rapid DSG. I am ok to spend more on maintenance for the safety :-). Open to Vento or Rapid. Just for cruise control and front looks moving to Rapid (and of course endless agony with VW dealers). I will update further.

I also had horrible experiences with VW Dealers in Hyderabad. I made several calls to book Polo GT TSI. I shared this in my earlier posts. I called up Skoda folks today. At least they are keen on selling the car and told me they can deliver Rapid DSG Elegance in two weeks. Asked them for test drive, SE told me they have manual right now but he will check and get back to me if he can arrange DSG by tomorrow (they were expecting DSG today evening). I test drove City. But was looking for safest(with ESP) and best automatic. Nothing comes close to Vento or Rapid DSG. I am ok to spend more on maintenance for the safety :-). Open to Vento or Rapid. Just for cruise control and front looks moving to Rapid (and of course endless agony with VW dealers). I will update further.
I was in similar dilemma last year. I too wanted a Diesel sedan and the options were restricted to just Verna, SX4, Sunny, Rapid, Vento. Since brother had Verna wasn't interested in another one. SX4 felt outdated and Sunny didn't impress me apart from the space it offered. Then weeks together compared Vento & Rapid before settling for Rapid. The reasons were simple, it had a good diesel heart, good FE, decent comfort and we didn't owned Skoda before. Dad pursued to go ahead with Rapid.

Now, with DSG the Rapid is even more tempting for buyers. You can choose Rapid ahead of Vento as it looks better and is more efficient despite having same engine. ESP & Hill Hold are standard on DSG versions. If you don't need Projector Headlights and Climate Control, I'll suggest you to choose Ambition Plus with DSG. Those are the only major features you'll be missing. Alloy wheels also are absent but you can add them in aftermarket if you wish. Tell the dealer about the VW incident and they'll be more polite & responsible till you get the car.

Great pricing by VW.1.5 TDI DSG High line is cheaper than Honda City VX IDTEC Diesel.And,as per VW,they are offering TSI Comfort line DSG at 11L on road.On road of TSI HL is 12.23L. Pricing of Comfort line TDI DSG is 13L OTR.Waiting period of TDI DSG is 2-3 months and TSI DSG is 1-1.5 months.
After showing the specs to dad,he got excited for offering Automatic in Diesel.Planning to book one in few days or will go for Polo GT twins.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #40
For Bangalore guys,
Vento Facelift 1.5TDI MT deliveries are not expected eralier that 3 months ( huge inventory of existing 1.6TDI).
Vento Facelift DSG versions could be earlier ~ 2 months.
No MT versions available for test drive. DSG is available. Some dealers have no idea on ex showroom pricing too.

Why do they launch facelifts and create this hype when reality is something different?

I was interested in TSI comforline and dealer is not giving any information. Everytime I call them, they respond back that they will get back. Finally I went ahead and booked Honda SV CVT.

I was interested in TSI comforline and dealer is not giving any information. Everytime I call them, they respond back that they will get back. Finally I went ahead and booked Honda SV CVT.
Some reasons why the dealer didn't call you back would be
1. They don't care for customer
2. They don't have a Comfortline TSi with them or in plant.
3. They (Salesmen) have been told by General Manager / MD not to take bookings of CL TSi.
4. They aren't interested for fresh bookings on new variants.

One of the above might be the reason for miscommunication between you and dealer.

Congratulations for booking City CVT, I hope you get car sooner since Honda have shifted plant for quicker deliveries.

For Bangalore guys,
Vento Facelift 1.5TDI MT deliveries are not expected eralier that 3 months ( huge inventory of existing 1.6TDI).
Vento Facelift DSG versions could be earlier ~ 2 months.
No MT versions available for test drive. DSG is available. Some dealers have no idea on ex showroom pricing too.

Why do they launch facelifts and create this hype when reality is something different?
I am a big fan of the DSG after driving my friends Passat often(obviously the experience with the Vento DSG wont be that empowering),since i wasnt bothered to travel far to VW showroom,i went to Skoda nearby & they said new models wont be arriving soon & black roof on Skoda rapid ad cant be added as accessory(nor standard on black edition).
Anyways i have already driven Polo Gt tsi & sports mode is too over cooked(stays unnecessarily high revved),want to see how the DSG in the diesel is! Want to see how the DQ200 gearbox does with the diesel torque.
If convinced shall pick up one on Feb.
Since it looks like the stock wont arrive until Jan2015.

I am also in similar situation. I visited both VW and Skoda dealerships in Hyderabad last week. Skoda visit was disappointment as folks there gave an impression that they are close to shutting shop here. No customer focus and don't care for anything and least bothered to even answer my queries. VW visit was slightly better but as mentioned above they are not even talking about TSI models (both polo and Vento). SA told me he can deliver VW HL Diesel DSG in 3 weeks and price is around 13.5 on road (no full details as they don't have final pricing. He mentioned once RTO updates the data base then only he will be able to share exact pricing). I convinced family members about DSG technology, safety (ESP) etc. but after visits and poor responses in dealerships they are convincing me to buy Honda SV CVT model. Family members are concerned about after sale service looking at poor sales experience. On top of it Honda folks are promising SV CVT delivery by month end. I am confused and back to square one. Between VW and Honda, safety is my concern and still personally leaning towards VW if they are ready to offer TSI. Let me see.

Last edited:

Top Bottom