Volkswagen Tiguan Now Launched in India

149 mm Ground clearance??
Can anyone explain the logic behind this?
A bit over-priced. Probably will be at 1-2 lakh discount soon which will be a good buying time.

kkn13

Suspended
Horribly overpriced and underspecced
Build arguement also I dont buy completely since Tucson build is a huge step up from other Asian cars

Tiguan interior materials might have the edge though but no reverse camera in comfortline is a massive joke for a 34L car
Add underspec engine to it and Tucson , X1 etc already look more vfm

Id say X1 if you want a "German car" or Tucson for reliability,seating etc

Id have justified the car if they gave it 2.0 engine in 180bhp spec at least or at least reverse camera

DSG woes and VW after sales dont exactly excite either

Last edited:
Volkswagen india is known for their expensive maintenance and service cost and that can give the tuson a little edge over tiguan. But the build quality and the availability of 4motion is a real boon to take the car for wome minor off roadings.

Amazing [:)]

It seems like something is missing at the rear. incomplete design to me

Maybe a plastic or Chrome strip on the hatch door[glasses]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing [:)]

It seems like something is missing at the rear. incomplete design to me

Maybe a plastic or Chrome strip on the hatch door[glasses]

The white Tiguan is the comfortline trim. The highline trim has a chrome strip accross the rear bumper and has reflectors as well. I think the pics posted by akash are from the vw capital showroom on mathura road Delhi. If it is then I saw both the white and black tiguans at their service center. They were brought there for a wash before putting them up for display at the showroom.

The car looks simple yet classy and sophisticated specially in the black colour. The highline trim has 18 inch alloys wheels as compared to the 17 inch ones on the comfortline. I read somewhere that the ground clearance is 149mm. I highly doubt its that as it person the gc seemed to be around 190mm if not more.

kkn13

Suspended
I heard it has excellent rear seats , very wide for its class apparently
And build is apparently top notch and on par with BMW

I still cannot comprehend why they went with 140bhp tune for this instead of the 180bhp, its the exact same engines anyways

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Volkswagen had organized a drive event for the customers and media in Gurgaon this weekend. The event showcased the abilities of the Tiguan to tackle off-road like terrain. Though it wasn't a hardcore Off-Track as one would expect, it was very similar to Luxe Drive of Mercedes Benz and what Jeep India showed with the Compass. We attended the event today and sharing some snaps from the event. The pics are taken by Arvind so if any shortcomings are there kindly bear since he has limited understanding presently.

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG-20181028-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20181028-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20181028-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20181028-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20181028-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20181028-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20181028-WA0029.jpg

Top Bottom