Volkswagen Scirroco to come as Shirako?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
If the hot rumours that are circulating like hot cakes in the Indian automotive sphere is to be believed, Volkswagen India is gearing up for the launch of Volkswagen Shirako alias Scirocco in India. The guys in Volkswagen know Indian’s dislike towards tongue-twisting names and so thought of this better sounding name that could easily roll out any Indian’s mouth. Volkswagen Scirocco is one of the greatest sports cars which have come out of the Volkswagen stable.

Volkswagen Scirocco was first manufactured in 1977 than in 1992 and reintroduced in 2008. What else you need in a sports car, style, elegance, power, speed and most of all, a great brand name behind.

VW Scirocco is a striking presentation package with brilliance adding great chassis and powerful and fuel efficient engine, amazing looks and many other great features.
The car is specially designed with power pack engine and very low fuel consumption. The fuel average is as low as 8.3 liters and the torque enables the car to reach 80 to 120 Km in just 6 seconds reaching up to 250 Km/hr of speed.

Here are the technical specification of the great re-launched model packed with leather interior and R type engine. 4-cylinder Gas (TSI), 1,984 cm3 engine with maximum power of 195 kW / 265 PS at 6,000 rpm. The car specifications comprise maximum torque of 350 Nm at 2,500 rpm enabling the meter needle to hit 100 Kilometers per hour in 6.5 s, with the maximum speed of 250. VW sports car having front axle drive includes manual transmission with 9 speeds and R.
Source:Carazoo
Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Looks like VW has learnt about our market quite well to avoid tongue twisting names[lol]. But what would be its price? If Beetle retails for 22.5l, then what would this cost?

Well the car is okay from the front but from this angle i feel the rear wont be as good as the front!! Curious to know the pricing also!!

Shirako sounds lame!!

how can VW do this??
Scirocco is a legendary name and changing it to Shirako??
i can't believe this!

I dont know how they are ready to launch this legend here!

Pricing will be bomb for sure. atleast 30 Lakhs!

This can only be compared with Evo X from Mitsubishi :)

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
how can VW do this??
Scirocco is a legendary name and changing it to Shirako??
i can't believe this!
Yes but these are rumors for now and we hope that it doesn't turns out to be true, "Shirako" sounds a typical Hindi version of Scirroco and don't go well with the car. Apart from this, The class which will be buying this car wouldn't mind such tongue twisting name. :biggrin:

I dont know how they are ready to launch this legend here!Pricing will be bomb for sure. atleast 30 Lakhs!
This can only be compared with Evo X from Mitsubishi :)
No, It should compete with upcoming Prius. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Matter is not about Fuel Type, The person who would opt for Scirroco will look for other hatchbacks in similar range, What else car comes closer to it than Prius? Talking about Evolution-X, Thats a complete different product.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
You just can't do that to a car like a Scirocco. You don't call the Volkswagen Beetle, the Volkswagen Khatmal, do you?
This is plain non-sense! Shirako? What in the world are they thinking? I feel Indian names are more tongue twisting than these. Something like "Gyaanprasad Shri Chandrabvibushan Ramakant Pandey" et all. Try pronouncing that at a stretch!

Yes but these are rumors for now and we hope that it doesn't turns out to be true, "Shirako" sounds a typical Hindi version of Scirroco and don't go well with the car. Apart from this, The class which will be buying this car wouldn't mind such tongue twisting name. :biggrin:

No, It should compete with upcoming Prius. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
I think Scirroco makes more sense, considering the buyers in the 20-30 lacs range would find it more attractive than Shirako.

And Prius can't be a competition to the Scirrocco. They both are completely different in various aspects and Prius will be much cheaper.

Top Bottom