Volkswagen Polo Trendline TDi - White

There are two types of seat covers first one is loose fit and second one is tight fit for loose fit seat cover fitment seats are not remove and for tight fit seat cover seats are remove before fitment.

Thread Starter #32

deville_56

Honoured Member
Service Updates

Done 15k km in under 10 months.
Verdict - Rock sold, some niggling issues.
1st gear ruin the ride, skip it, you love it [evil]

Niggling issues
Brake making weird noise - Fault was fresh tar stuck between brakes.
Rattling doors - Idiots forgot to put back door handle spacers after painting, blamed the poor audio guy, made him refit the door pad twice.
Squeaky rear seat - This problem persist for every who removed rear bench to install seat cover. VW engineer came down to rectify this issue in a friend's dad's Vento, but never rectified. They charged 250+ tax last time for fixing it, but the problem resurfaced a week later, now they saying it can't be rectified for the time being until VW come up with something.
Poor quality wipers - Fog buildup from outside, streaking lines even before car hit its first monsoon. Bought Bosch blades, effective than stock.
Front windows up and rear down means rear windscreen shaking like hell, very irritating and terrible. Design flaw.

Burning holes

Interim Service
Check up at 7.5k km
Total Bill - 2400 INR
Oil Topup - 970 (Castrol Magnatec 1L) (Returned the excess oil)
Wheel alignment + Balancing - 800
Labour - 500

Breakdown Service (10.7k km)
Car refused to start one fine moment after halting for a minute.
RSA came and took the car on flat-bed.
Bill for break down and tow - Nil
Rear seat reinstall - 250 + tax

1st paid service
@15k km
Labor - 2070 + tax
Parts - 8105 + tax
Total - 11525
Returned the excess oil and wind screen washer fluid and old parts.

Accident Repair:

Done at Auto Engineers (Bosch Car Care). Dented left rear fender, repainted both bumpers, left ORVM. Changed right ORVM glass (unluckily plain glass).
Total bill -7k. Opted to pay from pocket as the AE guy said no claim bonus will be a bigger sum compared to the claim we get though it had bumper to bumper claim.
(VW charged 10k for painting the mirror and door handles, now quoted 10k for the rear denting alone or FOC under insurance, but car will be with them for 25 days. They declined changing mirror alone, instead they wanted us to replace the full assembly saying internals are damaged. 2k for assembly plus at least 1k for painting plus labour extra. Assembly works fine, only issue is the plain mirror).

2012-05-28 10-07-38.jpg

2012-05-28 10-07-46.jpg

2012-05-28 10-07-55.jpg

2012-05-28 10-08-04.jpg

2012-05-28 10-08-14.jpg

Other:
Wiper blades - 340

Beige interior is a mess. Took a full can STP foam cleaner to clean the dirt, still lot dirt remain.

2012-05-26 09-54-25.jpg

Castrol Magnatec
2012-06-07 06-33-11.jpg

New Areon Bubble Gum Flavor [evil]
2012-06-06 16-06-42.jpg

If European small car manufacturers want to know why Japs, Koreans, and Indians outsell them in hundreds of thousands month after month, every month, they just need to read the above post. Come on, Rs. 11500 for a service? And why does this engine need synthetic oil? There are proper four cylinder engines that run perfectly fine on mineral oil (4 litres for less than Rs. 1000). Even if you discount the fact that a Polo needs service at every 15000 km as opposed to, say a Swift diesel that needs service at every 10000 km, the total servicing costs over a 90000 km driving cycle for the Swift would be at least 40% cheaper. Rs. 10000 for a dent repair? Changing the entire assembly when a minor touch up would do just fine? Wow! So much for owing a supposedly 'premium' brand.

Europeans - rationalize the price asked for your so called 'premiumness' if you want to sell more. A small car should always equal to small expense.

Thread Starter #35

deville_56

Honoured Member
Re: Service Updates

Europeans - rationalize the price asked for your so called 'premiumness' if you want to sell more. A small car should always equal to small expense.
Still, hell lot of Polo's rolling out. It's like a premium Maruti 800 or Zen inside, no features, not at all value for money. Still people going for it. The above-mentioned friend's dad bought a petrol Vento first, impressed by it, he bought a Polo Trendline [evil]

@deville_56
Except the first dent which involves metallic dent, you can go for Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers . It won't cost you a bomb becasue all other scratches are on plastic parts and requires only a touch up job. You need not get them repainted as they are prone to be damaged again and again.
Dents were deep, needed leveling out. I've used COM-Pain in Estilo, not so great finishing. Anyway crash is not regular, just inevitable events.

Well that is a pretty hefty servicing bill. 11K is on the higher side[surprise]. Can you give the details of the parts changed in the service. I am told by my SE the average servicing bill for Polo diesel costs anywhere between 6-7k. Yours seems to be way overboard. I hope i don't end up paying this much at my first service.

@ Deville

Hey mate can you suggest to buy Polo Trendline??? as i am thinking to buy it by this week... will it be okay???? [confused] [confused] [confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

Do you have any idea abt installing rear power window from the car accessories shop.
is this advisable and how much did it cost me...

regards
aditya

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
Do you have any idea abt installing rear power window from the car accessories shop.
is this advisable and how much did it cost me...
regards
aditya
Rear power window as an accessory?
I don't think that would be possible in polo. Even if you try, you will have to do some wiring cut and electrical installing etc. which will void the warranty of the car.

My advice: Stay away from it.

thanks for the advice...

please tell me what mileage is your car giving you. and what is the servicing will cost.
will i go for the AMC(annual maintenance cost package)

thanks for the advice...
please tell me what mileage is your car giving you. and what is the servicing will cost.
will i go for the AMC(annual maintenance cost package)
You can expect a mileage of around 15 kmpl in city and around 21 kmpl in highways in diesel polo.
AMC is not provided on diesel polo.

Top Bottom