Volkswagen Polo Road Test Drive Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work zinam and 350Z, again.[thumbsup]

Yes Polo is certainly a looker on the road. It has great road presence. I thought Europeans produce better Diesel engines, but this time nice to see petrol engine is better.

good work guys. pics speak alot. but am still not so much convinced with the price. i think it is only brand value and qualty which can make buyers pull towards it otherwise to be practical there are more better choices like i20.

Thread Starter #19
Yes Brand values pulls in potential buyers for VW where as Hyundai still rules in loyal buyers!

Hey Zinam and Vibhor, great job guys, really professional. The snaps are really good and gives a good look at what we have.
I actually like the looks of the car which from outside looks quite big.

I am sorry but I seem to have missed the price of the car, what variants it is available in, etc. Do you have this information for the petrol and diesel versions?

The waiting period for the petrol seems to be too high for anybody's liking though, isn't it?

Hitler's promise to Germans were high standard road network, job for every adult in a family and car for every household in Germany. That is what gave rise to VW, pronounced as FolksWagon meaning people's car. This may not be a news to you guys but thought of sharing it.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks Jammy

Here is the pricing details of Polo.

Polo 1.2L Trendline (P) 1198cc Petrol Rs. 4,46,315

Polo 1.2L Comfortline (P) 1198cc Petrol Rs. 4,97,600

Polo 1.2L Highline (P) 1198cc Petrol Rs. 5,87,780

Polo 1.2L Trendline (D) 1199cc Diesel Rs. 5,46,891

Polo 1.2L Comfortline (D) 1199cc Diesel Rs. 5,97,719

Polo 1.2L Highline (D) 1199cc Diesel Rs. 6,88,222

Polo 1.6L Highline (P) 1598cc Petrol - TBD

Polo's waiting period ranges from 3 - 5 months!

Thanks for the pricing and variant information Zinam.

For Bangalore, the Petrol variant should come to around 5.3L - 6.5L OTR in Diesel might be around 6.3L - 7.6L, between the lower end and higher end.

With the review of the diesel variant you have provided, it might not sell well since there are other better cars in the same price range or lesser than that.

The petrol variant is a different story and should be a good competition to i10, Swift, Ritz, etc. But the thin dealership network is always a point of concern.

The petrol variant is a different story and should be a good competition to i10, Swift, Ritz, etc. But the thin dealership network is always a point of concern.
Come-on, Polo is competing with swift, ritz or i10. Its competition is with i20 (leader), jazz and punto.

Thread Starter #25
Come-on, Polo is competing with swift, ritz or i10. Its competition is with i20 (leader), jazz and punto.
Jammy,
Polo doesn't directly compete with i10, swift or Ritz, But it now contemplates the buyers & make them turn around Polo :)

350Z

Core Team
Just today saw the Volkswagen Polo from rear during night, and it's lamps look really beautiful when lit up.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I saw a silver Polo a few days back. It had 5spoke alloys (matte black finish)with VW alloy caps on them, am still confused whether those alloys were oe or the neos with VW caps.

350Z

Core Team
It has been reported that many buyers are now canceling their booking for Volkswagen Polo due to the long waitlist. Volkswagen has delivered nearly 4500 cars so far and still has more than 10000 bookings pending with its dealers pan India. “Waiting period for the Polo is four-six months. Whatever commitments we make to the customer, we’ve been able to honour that. There have been few cancellations by customers, around 30 to 40 from time to time,” said Neeraj Garg, Director, VW India. He also stated that the company does not intend to make any short term plans to clear the backlog and shall stick to its original schedule for India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom