Volkswagen Polo Highline (Refresh) - Ownership Review

Congrats on your new ride. This is the first review for the refreshed Polo on TAI i guess. Would love to see more pics of both interiors and exteriors of your black beauty. Smoked headlamps and the new alloy wheel design make it all the more appealing. Wishing you lots of miles and smiles with the car. Drive safe!

Thread Starter #18
Congrats on your new ride. This is the first review for the refreshed Polo on TAI i guess. Would love to see more pics of both interiors and exteriors of your black beauty. Smoked headlamps and the new alloy wheel design make it all the more appealing. Wishing you lots of miles and smiles with the car. Drive safe!
Thanks Buddy [:)]

Thread Starter #20
Congrats for Polo Vasanthkumar
ABS: The brakes of polo are excellent. The braking you are experiencing is just the normal mechanism that exists in all versions of polo. The ABS comes into action only while panic braking at high speeds.

MID: It will show around 10kmpl only at the start of your journey for about 1-3 kms, after that the FE would go up and depending on the traffic ahead it will hover around +2 or -2. If you are observing 10 kmpl and 20 kmpl frequently within minutes, then there is definitely an issue with MID. So, please observe the FE display behavior closely.

Aux: I guess the Aux in is on adjacent left to the 12v slot (or cigarette lighter slot), in front of the gear knob, adjacent to bottle holder space. Check it. It was there in earlier highline diesel.

Post some more pictures of the beauty and some interior pics too.
Congrats again and wish you fun times with polo.
Bro, there is no Aux In in the variant. I just have the Cigarette Lighter slot and there is no Aux In support for the Refreshed Polo's. [anger]

Bro, there is no Aux In in the variant. I just have the Cigarette Lighter slot and there is no Aux In support for the Refreshed Polo's. [anger]
Ohh. It was there on earlier highline models few months back.
Can you post a picture of USB slot from inside the glove box. Somehow, I have a feeling that a Aux module can be added to the same console of USB. Just a cable and Aux port would be required.

IMPORTANT
Vasanth, please use multiquote function to reply to multiple posts here, please don't use back to back posts which is violation of forum rules.
This is how you should do multiquoting: On right side of each post, there is "MQ" icon->click on this icon if you want to reply/quote that particular post-> if you want to quote another post, click on "MQ" of that particular post" (the clicked MQ icons will glow red)-> after clicking on "MQ" for the all posts you wanted to quote, click on "quote" of any one post-> a reply box will appear with all the multiquoted posts and you are ready to reply each of them. (to undo multiquoting, click the red "MQ" icon again)

Cheers

I am cancelling my booking of Highline only because the thickheads at VW use telepathy to listen to music instead of Aux or Bluetooth.

I had assumed that any top of the line car will have Aux In. My bad!

Last edited:
I am cancelling my booking of Highline only because the thickheads at VW use telepathy to listen to music instead of Aux or Bluetooth.

I had assumed that any top of the line car will have Aux In. My bad!
Hey Sanke1, Hold on
You have the following options. Many vento owners have used this:

You need this cable: VW RCD510 RCD310 RNS510 MEDIA-IN MDI Interface Adapter Cable for Ipod Iphone | eBay

or this:

VW RCD510 RCD310 RNS510 Media in MDI Interface Adapter Cable for iPod iPhone | eBay

Thanks Rightnow

Now further query. Will Aux port need to be enabled/activated through VAS at service centre? I asked the guys at showroom and they had no clue regarding this.

Thanks Rightnow

Now further query. Will Aux port need to be enabled/activated through VAS at service centre? I asked the guys at showroom and they had no clue regarding this.
No, it would be just plug and play. Showroom guys generally will have no idea about accessories. Its us fans who do all the research!!

You just helped VW save a booking :)

How about this ICE System?

MapMyIndia VW Polo

It's a bit costly for ₹ 39,999. Or else need to import one from China for ₹ 25,000.

Last edited:
congratulations [clap]for your Polo. what is On road Price for you and what is discount ! and accessory by them

Last edited by a moderator:
You just helped VW save a booking :)
How about this ICE System?
MapMyIndia VW Polo
It's a bit costly for ₹ 39,999. Or else need to import one from China for ₹ 25,000.
Nice to know that you cancelled the cancellation! VW must be obliged to me.

The same AVN player is used by one of our members here. Check this: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/8849-my-volkswagen-polo-tdi-8.html

The ICE system seems to be good, the one from China will have all the features but I doubt its durability and sound quality. If you have budget then definitely go for the Map My India one.

congratulations [clap]for your Polo....what is On road Price for U...and what is discount ! and accessory by them
It's a Silver Highline Petrol.
They gave me Insurance discount, a cash discount of Rs. 10000 and further deducted Rs. 5000 for not opting for Bluetooth accessory. New Mumbai registration saved me around Rs. 30000. I Intend to use the saved money for aftermarket ICE System.

Finally on road price came down to approx Rs 625000.

Booked it on 1st Nov with a waiting period of 1 month.

Top Bottom