Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Review & Pictures: Vollkommen Polo

Right now they'll only change the clutch pack. ASS say they need 10 days for it. I checked the net and found out that clutch pack is the whole clutch assy (ie friction plates + pressure plates + internal bearings + clutch cover ) . No need to place individual components and assemble it. It comes pre-assembled.

So steps are, once the gearbox has been downed,
1. remove the circlips.
2. Remove the clutch pack.
3. Put the new clutch pack.
4. Put the new circlip that comes with the pack.
5. Install the gearbox.

So 10 days, I'll have to talk tough on that. Hopefully reduce it to 2-3 days. And also try to get a loaner car.

If the issue persists then will have to talk to them about the whole unit/mechatronic unit.

Mine is small town. From home to work is 5 mins drive. And rest is all highway drive. But I've traveled to the hills a lot. They are steep and narrow roads. So, a little bit excessive wear is expected. The sales guy during the purchase told me clutch lasts only 50000 kms. So I guessed it may run upto 35000. 15000 is sucker punch.

BTW, VW cant blame me for the wear. [:D]
Its their software that dictates clutch application and gear changes. I am in no control of the clutch what-so-ever.
Hi

I wanted to know if VW has replaced the clutch pack under warranty or did you have to pay for it?

Hi

My car is due for its first servicing this month. I wanted to know what are the things that are needed to be done and what things are extra that the workshop adds about which I should be careful about. My car has done only 6200kms and I have no issues to be looked into as such. Thanks.

Hi

My car is due for its first servicing this month. I wanted to know what are the things that are needed to be done and what things are extra that the workshop adds about which I should be careful about. My car has done only 6200kms and I have no issues to be looked into as such. Thanks.
First service is paid service right. You'll be charged about 8000. so be ready. It is for oil, oil filter, ac filter, and labor charges. My car had done 15000kms, and brake pads were about half way down, so changed it. It cost me 10000 first service.

Polo GT has no free services at all. Only 7500/6 months checkup is free. The 15000/ yearly service is all paid service.

Got my 1 year servicing done for my car. Didnt get wheel alignment and balancing done and told the SA that only the things I permit should be done on the car. Following is the bill for reference:

SKMBT_C28417052910271_0001.jpg

Couple of things that were told to me by the SA that I found fishy:

1. When I purchased my car a year back the sales executive mentioned that vw has a certain additive that needs to be purchased and the bottle (75-100ml) emptied in the fuel tank while filling up fuel. He said it costed 1000rs for the bottle however i got him to give it to me for 850rs. Now at the time of servicing the SA said that an additive is required to be filled and put it the fuel tank as directed by vw as part of servicing. I had a feeling this is the same additive that was sold to me when I bought the car. I asked him to show the additive and it was the same one with the same quantity. The only difference was that it was for around 1400rs as per the SA. That made me realize that something is wrong as the additive bottle itself doesnt metion the mrp anywhere. I refused to purchase that additive. The SA began saying that warranty might get effected and blah blah and I told him to save it for someone else.

2. I asked the SA what is the approximate cost for the 2nd service and he said it would be 4000rs more than the first one as vw asks for the sparks plugs to be changed specifically for tsi engines. I dont think tsi has spark plugs, it works on direct injection for combustion and even if it did have spark plugs changing it in the 2nd year is obivously too soon. I realized he either didnt know or took me for a fool. I didnt get in this conversation with him, just told him that we will see when the time for second service comes.

Other than that Im happy with the service and the bill. Got complimentary dry cleaning done as well as part of some ongoing scheme.

Its been a year and the car is doing great, no complains yet. No rattles at all whatsoever. I am enjoying the ownership experience

All petrol engines need spark plugs to ignite the fuel. Diesels dont.

I was a bit surprised when i found out they dint change the spark plugs in my car during service actually. May be they are using those iridium ones. And they are expensive.

All petrol engines need spark plugs to ignite the fuel. Diesels dont.

I was a bit surprised when i found out they dint change the spark plugs in my car during service actually. May be they are using those iridium ones. And they are expensive.
Oh i see.However do spark plugs need to be changed after 2 years?

Dropped my car at VW service for clutch-pack replacement under warranty. Delayed due to spare parts 'non'availability.

Complaint raised during 15000kms service. Now odo reads 21200kms.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Who told you spark plugs needs to be changed at 5k kms ? They only need to be cleaned by sand paper. Normal plug will last atleast 30k kms.
+1

Normal spark plugs, other petrol cars, every service they change. Which is about every 5000-7500 kms.
I too got the spark plugs of my car changed couple of days back. The odo was 64K Kms. Normally the OEM spark plugs last 40K kms atleast in a Honda (petrol) car. Spark plugs never need any change in 10K Kms or periodic service.

Regards

Akash

+1

I too got the spark plugs of my car changed couple of days back. The odo was 64K Kms. Normally the OEM spark plugs last 40K kms atleast in a Honda (petrol) car. Spark plugs never need any change in 10K Kms or periodic service.

Regards

Akash
Even I thought that spark plugs dont need replacement so early. However the periodic maintenance schedule from vw does say to replace 'R' the spark plugs at the 2nd/30000km service. I think by 2nd service my car may have done only 15000kms as my running is less.

Capture.JPG

Who told you spark plugs needs to be changed at 5k kms ? They only need to be cleaned by sand paper. Normal plug will last atleast 30k kms.
Exactly. Cleaning and spacing if necessary. And a normal spark plugs cost less than 100. Which is better? Cleaning or replacement? Hence the mechanics prefer changing it at every service. It saves them time.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@jonathan - ask them to clean it at your service. i don't think there will be any warranty issues either. if they say anything about warranty then do ask for the old plugs.

@ navnit013- i care about my money and not their time so for me cleaning is better.

Top Bottom