Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Review & Pictures: Vollkommen Polo

Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Test Drive Review

No updates at all. Moreover, the 2014 model continues to have synthetic engine oil instead of mineral one which was supposed to have fixed the DSG failures.

I am looking for purchasing new automatic hatch/sedan. Liked polo GT TSI after I had test driven the car. Safety is first priority and automatic transmission are my priorities. However I am in dilemma now as 2014 polo facelift is expected in July with diesel + 6-speed DSG combination. I am guessing with the new polo + 1.5 Diesel + DSG, price would be similar to 1.2 GT TSI model because of the excise benefits of 1.5 Diesel. Not sure whether July/August Launch of facelift is confirmed or not. Any inputs welcome.

I am looking for purchasing new automatic hatch/sedan. Liked polo GT TSI after I had test driven the car. Safety is first priority and automatic transmission are my priorities. However I am in dilemma now as 2014 polo facelift is expected in July with diesel + 6-speed DSG combination. I am guessing with the new polo + 1.5 Diesel + DSG, price would be similar to 1.2 GT TSI model because of the excise benefits of 1.5 Diesel. Not sure whether July/August Launch of facelift is confirmed or not. Any inputs welcome.

Yes, Polo Facelift will be launched in July. Regarding the 1.5 D + DSG i think the Vento will get it first. Wouldnt be surprised if Polo gets it right away at the launch.

IMG-20140508-WA0016.jpg
Test drove the VW GT TSI yesterday.

It is the best hatchback I have ever driven.
A hatchback which is made for City and Highway usage.

+ve-
Superb engine and gearbox
Good built quality(Tank like[:D])
Very easy to drive
Grips the road pretty well on high speed.Dosent jump on uneven road as well.
Steering weighs up nicely over 60kmpr
Feel quite safe driving at highspeed,nothing to worry about.
Sheer driving pleasure

-ve-
Slightly stiff suspension
Floor Hump is pretty high.5th person will find it difficult to adjust
Horn pad is hard to press
Need a arm rest

VW should have marketed this product well.Its a brilliant product

View attachment 134460
Test drove the VW GT TSI yesterday.

It is the best hatchback I have ever driven.
A hatchback which is made for City and Highway usage.

+ve-
Superb engine and gearbox
Good built quality(Tank like[:D])
Very easy to drive
Grips the road pretty well on high speed.Dosent jump on uneven road as well.
Steering weighs up nicely over 60kmpr
Feel quite safe driving at highspeed,nothing to worry about.
Sheer driving pleasure

-ve-
Slightly stiff suspension
Floor Hump is pretty high.5th person will find it difficult to adjust
Horn pad is hard to press
Need a arm rest

VW should have marketed this product well.Its a brilliant product
Suspension is soft, and i seriously agree with you on Horn pad, had never seen this hard horn pad earlier.

Update: Had a free service checkup at 6657kms which is 6 months old. Nothing much to expect, just washed and cleaned the car.

Having owned the car from 6 months i feel the car is best for city and moderate for highway. Brakes are very disappointing having very less bite, this car needs much better brakes.

Mileage in city is 9.5 to 11km but mostly getting 10kmpl in city like Bangalore.
Had got 15-17kmpl in highways between speeds of (80-100). Above 100 its manages to give 13kmpl.

Thread Starter #51

350Z

Core Team

Before going in for GT, i drove both ecoboost and GT, felt ecoboost more powerful. This is because the AT transmission in GT shifts early and completely controls the up shifts and downshifts
Quoting from EcoSport thread to avoid OT. Have you driven GT TSi in manual mode? You own the best performance hatch. Make most out of it. That's what it's meant for. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Quoting from EcoSport thread to avoid OT. Have you driven GT TSi in manual mode? You own the best performance hatch. Make most out of it. That's what it's meant for. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z
In manual mode, the ECU controls the shifting, which is not in our hands. In MT cars, we can slot in next gear in lowest possible RPM, in GT DSG, it will not allow to shift unless it reaches certain RPM (This is a bit annoying). Which eliminates the fun factor of driving in manual mode. (If one is looking for fuel economy)

whereas it is fun to drive in manual mode in traffic conditions.

Last edited:
2015 Polo TSI

Added features:

• Piano black spoiler.
  • Piano black Side mirror with sleek turn indicator
  • Cruise control
  • Cooled glove box
  • Auto folding side mirrors

Source : http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/

Attachments

Last edited:
Completed 1 year on GT TSI , Odo at 10k km

What a brilliant car vw has made!
Performance has been superb with speed 97 petrol.
Engine is supremely refined and in sports mode the engine has addictive sports car like exhaust note!
Also travelling in traffic is stress free.
0-100 exactly in 10 seconds, checked it though GPS App.Very good for such a small engine !

City mileage 8-12km/ltr
Highway mileage - 15-17km/ltr
Pedal To Metal- 4-5km/ltr [lol]

I have changed engine oil thrice just to be on safer side -
1st oil change at 1000km (to remove all the small metal particles)
2nd or 6th month at 4500km
3rd at 1yr at 9800 km

Some Pics

new1_Fotor.jpg

new2_Fotor.jpg

Mods done till now-

Blaupaunt Pheledilphia HU - No need to upgrade stock speakers , Sound Quality is Good.

GTI Headlight with HID - Stock Headlight is Poor

Vento like Arm Rest - Very relaxing to drive!

GTI Grill

Body Skirtz - Car looks more sportier than before !

Michelin Pst3 195/60 ( as Stock MRF were Noise and ride quality was terrible ), pst3 are silent and grippy, ride quality is excellent now!

Reverse Camera from VW showroom

Brembo brake pads - stock brakes is just poor IMO and brembo is providing direct fit brake pads, straight forwards swap

Damping mats on floor and on front doors, (as on high speed road noise used to creep in, this solution has bought the road noise down by some margin)

VCDS Tweaks - many feature are kept deactivated by vw , only VW has the answer for this !
Turned on the following features-
Tear wiper - for cleaning front windshield, one extra wipe after regular wiper are off !
Horn - Off while unlock and lock
Needle Sweep while turning on the car
Brake Assit to Early - Very important tweak as the brake bite became more responsive
Parking lights On- When Emergency Brake is applied

Best part about mods are everything can be bought back to stock, maximum all mods in my list are plug and play

Maintenance -
The dealer has added unwanted stuff in the job card, such as AC disinfection ,lubricant spray ,service plus etc. these are all bonus for them .Told SA not to do any of these, bill came down from 11k to 8.5k

1yr - 8500rs did wheel alignment of 500rs otherwise bill was 8k ,which is good for regular maintenance. Since VW uses fully synthetic oil
0.8% service cost for 10 lakh rupee car which is average ! Neither more, nor less !

Niggles & Solutions - Well in 1st week of car ownership I felt I was sold a lemon, because from Day 1 I had jerk issue !

Jerking issue - DSG Software updated 3 times by VW and finally software no 6203 has made sure everything is smooth ,there are jerks but there are very mild and rare jerks, one can live with it.

All 4 door rattle in 1st month of ownership - VW Solution ? Technician Just Sprayed a 3M Lubricant on window lining ! And 1year no rattles! Magic !

Steering column change at 5k km of running - Huge rattling sound on bad strech due to this ! This has to be a sub standard quality part , at 5000km this part clonking off is just not acceptable, my 10yr old santro is with stock steering system!

But when warranty expires?
Run to opera house car market and source it from reliable spare shop , this part cost 40k at VW service centre [cry]

Fuel Lid replaced under warranty at 5000km - It was not opening - Again a Defective part ! Just not acceptable from VW!

Well above all niggle, As I drive each time the GT TSI still puts a B-I-G smile on my face![:D]

Last edited:
Navnit, brake assist is there in all GT TSI but tweaking it to early means it is more responsive to your input ,so you immediately feel the pedal response and the bite!

Definition of brake assist - The hydraulic brake assist system from Volkswagen comes to the driver’s aid in emergency or panic braking situations. The brake assist ascertains from the speed at which the brake pedal is depressed that the driver requires full braking power, and automatically boosts the brake pressure up to the ABS control threshold for as long as the driver keeps the brake pedal pressed down. If the driver subsequently eases off the brake pedal, the system will reduce the brake pressure again to match the brake pedal’s position.
Hydraulic brake assist can substantially shorten the vehicle’s stopping distance. System operation is barely perceptible to the driver

Source - VW site.

brake assist.gif

Brake Assist 2_Fotor.jpg

You can also switch on XDS by VCDS, it improves your stability and handling while cornering ,only downside is brake pads will wear out faster ( say 12k or 15k km ) depends upon how one use

XDS - The XDS electronic differential lock is an extension of the familiar EDL function. However, XDS responds not to loss of traction but to the unloading of the front wheel on the inside of the corner when cornering fast. XDS applies pressure from the ESP hydraulics to the inside wheel to prevent it from spinning. This improves traction and reduces the tendency to understeer. The level of pressure applied ranges from approximately 5 to 15 bar. The impression when driving is similar to that of a limited-slip differential in toned-down form. The precise, one-sided build-up of brake pressure makes cornering even sportier, quicker and more accurate.

Source - VW site

If you still feel brake are weak you can try if you want & if you dont find it worth switch it off :smile:

Regarding headlight - Bought it from aftermarket for 30k ( taiwan make ) eagle eyes is what they call

Break-
Headlight - 23k
HID -6k
labour - 800rs ( its for HID installation & swap , thus high)

Regarding warranty - other than filling tyre pressure ,we all know anything done outside vw showroom is a void !
But there is no wire cutting in Facelift GT straight forward plug and play, for pre facelift GT you will have to add a spliter for upper and lower beams.
If your service center objects, You can send car to service center with stock headlights , swapping take less than 5 min.
And mind you these headlights also have resale value ! I was offered 7k for stock headlight:biggrin:

If you want to be on safer side buy from VW showroom , they also sell similar headlight ( different design without HID)

Thanks jazz !

Last edited:
Navnit, brake assist is there in all GT TSI but tweaking it to early means it is more responsive to your input ,so you immediately feel the pedal response and the bite!

Definition of brake assist - The hydraulic brake assist system from Volkswagen comes to the driver’s aid in emergency or panic braking situations. The brake assist ascertains from the speed at which the brake pedal is depressed that the driver requires full braking power, and automatically boosts the brake pressure up to the ABS control threshold for as long as the driver keeps the brake pedal pressed down. If the driver subsequently eases off the brake pedal, the system will reduce the brake pressure again to match the brake pedal’s position.
Hydraulic brake assist can substantially shorten the vehicle’s stopping distance. System operation is barely perceptible to the driver

Source - VW site.

View attachment 202933

View attachment 202932

You can also switch on XDS by VCDS, it improves your stability and handling while cornering ,only downside is brake pads will wear out faster ( say 12k or 15k km ) depends upon how one use

XDS - The XDS electronic differential lock is an extension of the familiar EDL function. However, XDS responds not to loss of traction but to the unloading of the front wheel on the inside of the corner when cornering fast. XDS applies pressure from the ESP hydraulics to the inside wheel to prevent it from spinning. This improves traction and reduces the tendency to understeer. The level of pressure applied ranges from approximately 5 to 15 bar. The impression when driving is similar to that of a limited-slip differential in toned-down form. The precise, one-sided build-up of brake pressure makes cornering even sportier, quicker and more accurate.

Source - VW site

If you still feel brake are weak you can try if you want & if you dont find it worth switch it off :smile:

Regarding headlight - Bought it from aftermarket for 30k ( taiwan make ) eagle eyes is what they call

Break-
Headlight - 23k
HID -6k
labour - 800rs ( its for HID installation & swap , thus high)

Regarding warranty - other than filling tyre pressure ,we all know anything done outside vw showroom is a void !
But there is no wire cutting in Facelift GT straight forward plug and play, for pre facelift GT you will have to add a spliter for upper and lower beams.
If your service center objects, You can send car to service center with stock headlights , swapping take less than 5 min.
And mind you these headlights also have resale value ! I was offered 7k for stock headlight:biggrin:

If you want to be on safer side buy from VW showroom , they also sell similar headlight ( different design without HID)

Thanks jazz !
Can you PM me the dealer no. from whom you bought the headlights.

Top Bottom