Volkswagen Polo GT TSi - My Lightning Mcqueen

Thread Starter #47
IMAG0477.jpg

So this happened the other day while my car was parked at my parking spot at my home with the body cover. It clearly seems like it has been hit with a stone of some heavy object with quite a bit of force. It seems very much like a deliberate effort which is really sad to see. Doesnt make sense why people would do this.

Anyway I'm here for suggestions regarding how this can be fixed. I took it to vw workshop and they gave an estimate of around 9k for painting the entire C pillar and also the entire rear bumper (as i have scratches on that too, again while my car was parked at my parking place). The SA said that I cant claim insurance for the damage of the C pillar as its clearly the damage isnt consistent with the damages of the bumper.

I know I can try out local shops however Im apprehensive about he fact that they may not be able to match the colour as the vw workshop would, also they usually work in the open as compared to paint booths in workshops. I will also have to get a a new "GT TSI" sticker in any case as the C pillar will have to be painted. Do you guys know of any good workshops in delhi, preferrably south delhi?

Its too expensive for such a small fix. If I were you, I would ignore it and let it be. Also when we do painting, it wont match the original quality and there will be mismatch.

I've seen people using covers on the cars. This may cause more minute scratches on the car than when kept in open. Its worth noting that the paint quality on the cars these days are good enough to not fade away when kept under the sun. Also VW is offering a warranty on paint and rust.

Thread Starter #49
Its too expensive for such a small fix. If I were you, I would ignore it and let it be. Also when we do painting, it wont match the original quality and there will be mismatch.

I've seen people using covers on the cars. This may cause more minute scratches on the car than when kept in open. Its worth noting that the paint quality on the cars these days are good enough to not fade away when kept under the sun. Also VW is offering a warranty on paint and rust.
Yea the surface area of the damage is small but its really deep and the metal(steel) is being exposed. Over a period of time it may catch rust hence I dont think I'd wana let it be.

The reason I use body cover is to protect the car from dust. Delhi is a really dusty area. I do not let the "car cleaners" clean my car. I clean it once a week with shampoo and every other week wax it.

Thread Starter #50
congrats for a GT Tsi, its a great car i also own one. Enjoy your ride. i want your help regarding rcd 330g radio, can you check following things for me:-
1) does the volume of the music system mutes when you engage reverse gear??
2) please check if vw radio remote app works with your system, app is available on both app store and play store??
and if you have vcds cable can you take a screen shots of vcds radio screen with various adaptations
Sorry for the delayed response.

1. The volume of music system doesnt mute when reverse gear is engaged.
2. Yes the radio remote app works with my system. you have to first pair your phone via bluetooth with the HU.

View attachment 211514

So this happened the other day while my car was parked at my parking spot at my home with the body cover. It clearly seems like it has been hit with a stone of some heavy object with quite a bit of force. It seems very much like a deliberate effort which is really sad to see. Doesnt make sense why people would do this.

Anyway I'm here for suggestions regarding how this can be fixed. I took it to vw workshop and they gave an estimate of around 9k for painting the entire C pillar and also the entire rear bumper (as i have scratches on that too, again while my car was parked at my parking place). The SA said that I cant claim insurance for the damage of the C pillar as its clearly the damage isnt consistent with the damages of the bumper.

I know I can try out local shops however Im apprehensive about he fact that they may not be able to match the colour as the vw workshop would, also they usually work in the open as compared to paint booths in workshops. I will also have to get a a new "GT TSI" sticker in any case as the C pillar will have to be painted. Do you guys know of any good workshops in delhi, preferrably south delhi?
That looks sad.[cry]

There are many such ill minded people in the society. I don't know how they feel happy doing this to someone else property.

Try getting quotes from some of the best local workshops. Even though they don't have a proper paint booth, they will have some makeshift setups that will do the job, provided if they quote a better and cheaper price tag than VW svc.

Color matching is computerized right ? In that case, getting you tow hook or the fuel cap removed and getting the right color won't be big problem.

Just a small suggestion from my side, How about installing a cheap/ less expensive CCTV camera on your parking ? Please brainstorm on it and if you can, then it would be better[:)]

Thread Starter #52
Got paint job done at a local shop for 2500 rupees. The work done was very good. He worked on the scratches and removed the clear coat from the c pillar and the entire rear bumper then painted over it and then applied clear coat over it. I will go for rubbing on friday or saturday to get the smooth finished look.

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg

This is for Comfortline, Highline and GT variants only. The reason is that the tyre is a space saver and there is a difference between the effective diameter of spare and regular tyres[/QUOTE]

The spare wheel well of Vento TSI could accommodate a 15" rim and stock tyre. As you can see the difference in effective diameter of the tyre is not so big as the space saver has 175/70 R14. Its pure cost cutting. I've replaced my 14" spare wheel on my car with a stock steel rim with 185/60 15 tyres.

Thread Starter #54
Hi guys

i have bought vcds cable and software (15.7.0) from aliexpress. It arrived yesterday. I have done the following changes:

1. enabled indicator celebration/cluster staging
2. changed lane change indicator blinks from 3 to 5
3. enabled "volume to be replenished"- this tells how many litres are required to fill the fuel tank to full
4. front tear wiping - an extra swipe by front wipers 3-4 seconds after the wash and wipe function has been used. this is to remove water drops that may remain after the wash and wipe
5. set mirrorlink speedlimit from 6kmph to 200kmph - by default you can use only mirrorlink enabled apps while the car is moving above 6kmph and other apps can be used if the car is below 6kmph. There are a very few mirrorlink enabled apps which makes the mirrorlink feature pretty much useless. however with the limit set to 200kmph any app will work while the car is in motion upto 200kmph including google maps or any other navigation app or music or whatever is on your phone.
6. acoustical indication while locking - the horn sounds when i lock the car and not while unlocking. this is helpful when i am walking away from the car not looking at it and lock it so the horn confirms its locked
7.changed time from 12 to 24 hrs
8. enabled brake lights flashing during an emergency braking situation

Last edited:
Hi guys

i have bought vcds cable and software (15.7.0) from aliexpress. It arrived yesterday. I have done the following changes:

1. enabled indicator celebration/cluster staging
2. changed lane change indicator blinks from 3 to 5
3. enabled "volume to be replenished"- this tells how many litres are required to fill the fuel tank to full
4. front tear wiping - an extra swipe by front wipers 3-4 seconds after the wash and wipe function has been used. this is to remove water drops that may remain after the wash and wipe
5. set mirrorlink speedlimit from 6kmph to 200kmph - by default you can use only mirrorlink enabled apps while the car is moving above 6kmph and other apps can be used if the car is below 6kmph. There are a very few mirrorlink enabled apps which makes the mirrorlink feature pretty much useless. however with the limit set to 200kmph any app will work while the car is in motion upto 200kmph including google maps or any other navigation app or music or whatever is on your phone.
6. acoustical indication while locking - the horn sounds when i lock the car and not while unlocking. this is helpful when i am walking away from the car not looking at it and lock it so the horn confirms its locked
7.changed time from 12 to 24 hrs
8. enabled brake lights flashing during an emergency braking situation
Wow !! That's a lot.
How much does it costs you ? and how was the shipping time and experience ?

Thread Starter #56
Wow !! That's a lot.
How much does it costs you ? and how was the shipping time and experience ?
It costed me around 1700rs/ 25usd. the shipping was done through china post hence it took almost 2 months from the day i placed my order.

Once I connected the software to the car and explored it abit I realized that there are many things that can be done with it hence went ahead and did it.

Hi guys

Hi, I bought a pre-owned Polo GT TSI recently and was looking forward to making some changes. VCDS cable is one thing that I have in my wish list.

Was checking AliExpress website and found cable with v16.8.3 software and previous versions too. I was wondering if I can just buy the older version one which is little cheaper and somehow download the updated software. Can that be done or the cable and the software have to be bought together, updated one?

Thread Starter #58
Hi

The cable from aliexpress usually comes bundled with the software as well. I don't think you can use an older version cable with a newer version software. With clone cables and softwares (not rosstech) both need to be the exact same version.

With cloned cable and software don't update the software. In fact while installing the software it is recommended to turn of your anitvirus and internet connection as its a cracked file.

@Jonathan
Can you please provide with a link to the software and cable that you bought?

Additionally, I have a Polo comfortline P and Highline D; both 2015 (without auto folding mirrors). Can you give me an idea of what version my software should be?

Thread Starter #60
Hi Vipul

Well the seller has removed the link however you should be able to find sellers selling vcds cable if you do a search on aliexpress. The sellers remove the links in a short while as those are cloned cables and legally maybe they aren't supposed to sell it.

I don't think the version of the software should depend on the model or the year of manufacturing of your car. Vcds cable just enables one to access the body control module (bcm) and do changes.

Last edited:

Top Bottom