Volkswagen Polo GT TSi - My Lightning Mcqueen

Thread Starter #91
Got my car back yesterday after 2 weeks. Apparently my case was rejected by the extended warranty team stating that the clutch had rusting on it and the car would have gone deep in water. Obviously that is not the case and I keep the car protected and park it in a garage. The extended warranty is claimed from bajaj finance and they rejected it.
The dealer then pushed the case directly to vw and asked for an exception to replace it for free and vw obliged and replaced it.

Things I've learnt from this experience:
1. dealership support is very important. In my case my SA went a long way to make sure i get the part for free.
2. The extended warranty claim is from a third party and not vw directly. Since its 3rd party they would make sure to find some reason to turn down the claim.
3. VW is trying to build its after sales support by offering goodwill warranty. Step in the right direction.
4. Try your best to have your car covered in extended warranty for as long as possible. Driving these cars outside warranty is a big risk specially that come fitted with the DSG DQ200.

The total bill was for INR112,000 approx. I just had to pay 1k for fuel that the dealer used for testing my car.

VW has been very supportive in DSG related matters.

Since my issue cropped up first, the car has done 30k kms. No sign of a repeat. Also they wanted to change the steering, but latest service, they said its fine.

Apparently, when the service adviser told me of steering rack change, I told him rack is fine check the peripherals.

this car brings up a smile every time you drive it.

Thread Starter #93
On the 3rd of dec 2018 I along with my wife and my almost 2 year old daughter did a road trip from Delhi to the North East and back. Total kms done was approx 5300kms.

Onward journey took us 6 days to reach Guwahati. We took it easy as our daughter gets restless after 6-7 hours in the car seat. We took the expressway from Delhi to lucknow, great roads with 6 lanes. Beyond that we stuck to NH24 which is good for most parts with 4 lanes.

Day1. Delhi-lucknow
Day 2 Lucknow-Deoria
Day 3 Deoria-Darbanga
Day 4 Darbanga-Siliguri
Day 5 Siliguri-darjeeling and back(site seeing)
Day6 Siliguri-guwahati

On our way back we did the trip in 4 days

Day1. Guwahati-siliguri
Day2. Siliguri-Muzafarabad
Day3 Muzafarabad-Deoria
Day 4 Deoria-Delhi

It was a great trip. The car did great, made me reaffirm my decision of buying it. It gobbled up kms effortlessly and didnt break a sweat. The dsg and cruise control made the drive comfortable and relaxed. After almost 3 years of ownership I love my car even more than the first day as it has proved itself as a calm hatchback for sedate drives in the city, a grand tourer happily munching kms and a thrilling car to drive when you're up for some fun (S mode).

coronation bridge Siliguri.jpg
well deserved wash.jpg
81b4f6da-7c28-489c-936e-dd5f9b41f18a.jpg
somewhere in UP.jpg
somwheer in Bihar.jpg
well deserved wash.jpg

Top Bottom