Volkswagen Polo GT TSi - My Lightning Mcqueen

When going downhill, lets say in manual gearbox, we are always on a lower gear. Most probably 3rd. As it gives greater control and it helps in engine braking and reduces the stress on the brakes when we slow down for a corner.

So, if gearbox holds on to D3 when going downhill for longer, then its a good thing. Same goes for uphill, If it changes like on flat road, then there are chances that engine hits low rpm and then again the box has to downshift.

Thread Starter #32
Went for my first visit to VW workshop. I had to get the following things done:

-Get the low tone horn fixed. (the car just come with a single high tone horn)
-The boot lid didnt close properly unless closed with some force
-steering had a krr sound while turning it at standstill or at very slow speed (less than 10kmph)
-rear left mud flap screw had come off.

The boot lid lock needed some adjustment. The bearings somewhere (not sure if its the somewhere in the steering column or shockers) needed lubrication. No krr sound after that. The horn now sounds complete although I use the horn very very sparingly.

I was charged INR2914 for the horn, bracket, connector and labour. Wasnt charged anything for the other complaints I had. All the issues voiced by me were rectified to my satisfaction. Good and friendly customer service. VW has definitely improved its after sales, at least from the experience I had.

Thread Starter #34
But VW guys told me that I have to live with only one horn. What exactly I need to tell them to install second horn on my car?
well I didnt have to convince them to put the other horn. I told them that I have just one single tone horn and I want the other horn installed and they did it. They said due to govt. norms vw puts just one horn.

However cars like creta come with 2 horns horns and jetta and other high end germans have dual horns as well hence if its a govt norm then all brands shouldnt put it.

Therz nothing Govt about it. Its plain cost cutting.

One horn minus.
Under engine cover minus.

And if you want it fixed charge a bomb. Just check the price, 2900 for a single horn!

Even my car came with single horn, Since I use horn very very very less, ignored it.

Can you please Upload pic of your job card for horn , I want to know the part number , and what other things have been installed

It will be very beneficial for us

Hey guys,
Wanted to ask a question. The polo comes with a spare tyre that is of different size with a maximum speed rating of 80km/hr. Can anyone explain me why there is a speed limit for driving with the spare tyre?

well I didnt have to convince them to put the other horn. I told them that I have just one single tone horn and I want the other horn installed and they did it. They said due to govt. norms vw puts just one horn.
In that case I will also visit the same workshop, which one you visited. So now make me thankful to you by telling me the name of the workshop. I have to buy two horns, one each for both of my babies.

Therz nothing Govt about it. Its plain cost cutting.

One horn minus.
Under engine cover minus.
100% agree, it's simply cost cutting but is any ways well acceptable if we look at what other brands are offering under same price tag.

Even my car came with single horn, Since I use horn very very very less, ignored it.
I am mostly chauffeur driven now and hence not a big concern for me either. Being chauffy driven in a Polo is fun BTW, you always take front seat only :biggrin:

Hey guys,
Wanted to ask a question. The polo comes with a spare tyre that is of different size with a maximum speed rating of 80km/hr. Can anyone explain me why there is a speed limit for driving with the spare tyre?
This is for Comfortline, Highline and GT variants only. The reason is that the tyre is a space saver and there is a difference between the effective diameter of spare and regular tyres

Thread Starter #39
In that case I will also visit the same workshop, which one you visited. So now make me thankful to you by telling me the name of the workshop. I have to buy two horns, one each for both of my babies.

100% agree, it's simply cost cutting but is any ways well acceptable if we look at what other brands are offering under same price tag.

I am mostly chauffeur driven now and hence not a big concern for me either. Being chauffy driven in a Polo is fun BTW, you always take front seat only :biggrin:

This is for Comfortline, Highline and GT variants only. The reason is that the tyre is a space saver and there is a difference between the effective diameter of spare and regular tyres
The workshop is on mathura road, new delhi. The dealer is capital vw. Its right behind the skoda dealership.

Thread Starter #42
Congrats on your Lighting McQueen [clap]

Wish you many miles ahead !!

By the way is this an original VW accessory ? If not can you share some details about this ?
thanks Vishnu. The mats arent original vw accessory. I got it from aliexpress. Following is the link to the product:

Car Non Slip Interior cup cushion Door Mat Cup stickers covers Fit For VW Volkswagen Polo 2011 2012 2013 Silicon 9pcs per set-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thread Starter #43
A quick update:

The car is doing great. No issues as such. All the mechanicals are working as they should. I get a mileage of 9-10 in the city without the a.c and 8-9 with the a.c. This is when the car runs for merely 2kms for the whole day. The mileage increases if the car is driven for a longer stretch say above 4kms. It's really easy to overtake as there is adequate power available and the dsg. There are slight jerks when i brake hard or at times when I dont brake but leave the accelerator for the car to deccelerate and the gearbox downshifts according to the drop in speed. I think its normal as a similar jerk would happen if you were to downshift without pressing the brakes.

Got myself a phone that supports mirrorlink and tried it in the car, in short mirrorlink feature is almost useless. Well the concept of mirroring your phone to the car's HU sounds great but the catch is that only mirrorlink approved apps can be used while the car is in motion above 5kmph. Guess what, google maps isnt mirrorlink approved, nor is mapmyindia, nor Here maps so experiencing navigation on the HU (as was my desire) isnt possible. Only sygic maps are mirrorlink approved. I thought, maybe I could download sygic and use for navigation but it seems the phone battery drains quite fast when the gps is enabled on the phone and bluetooth to connect to the HU for calls and music is playing through it as well. I realized its not worth the hassle. Just to top it of, some apps(out of the handful apps that are approved by mirrorlink) dont work in India like spotify and deezer. So all of you without mirrorlink, you arent missing anything at all.

In the not so good part: Got a scratch on the rear left side bumper from an auto. In another incident i noticed a scratch done deliberately with a key or a sharp object of some sort on the driver side door. It's disappointing to see when human beings act anything but humans. The scratch isnt very visible in the picture as its thin but deep.

IMAG0455.jpg

This pic was taken yesterday after I did a wash and wax procedure on saturday. I use 3M car shampoo and borrowed meguiar's gold class carnauba wax from my brother. The paint quality is very impressive and I try my best to keep the paint job looking as new as possible, although it's hard to do that in Delhi.

Congrats & welcome to VW family .
I have polo GT 2015 and my experience with DSG on hill hasn't been very satisfying ,could you help me out with right mode when doing uphill and downhill. I tried D mode and ended with car revving too hard to match gears and sometime struggling during the climb not sure what was the issue?
Did you try the manual mode. On the hilly conditions, the manual mode should be more than handfull, or even the sports mode. The idea is to maintain higher revvs at the slopes so as to maintian the momentum. The D mode would change the gear quickly, while the S mode would hold the gear longer, which should be better IMO. Otherwise you have the manual mode as well [:D]

congrats for a GT Tsi, its a great car i also own one. Enjoy your ride. i want your help regarding rcd 330g radio, can you check following things for me:-
1) does the volume of the music system mutes when you engage reverse gear??
2) please check if vw radio remote app works with your system, app is available on both app store and play store??
and if you have vcds cable can you take a screen shots of vcds radio screen with various adaptations

Top Bottom