Volkswagen Polo Facelift Launched. Starting Price: Rs.4.99 Lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
They have kept their word - Air bags standard across variants [clap], even though Trend Line misses on ABS [sad]

Hope other manufacturers take the same step.

As Nishant mentioned, the Cross & TSI seems to have upper hand especially when it comes to pricing, power and goodies on offer.

A Hatch at 4.99 lacs with Dual Airbags, now we are talking, well done VW and hope other manufacturers follow the suit.
Not long back, another hatch had ABS & Airbags in Mid Variant which was priced under 5 Lakhs, It was Honda Brio, S(O) variant which was popular version among buyers. Nonetheless, Good Pricing by VW, will definitely boost the Sales desperately needed by VW. With Swift coming down to 13k from 18-19k, it will come down further.

Thread Starter #35
Not long back, another hatch had ABS & Airbags in Mid Variant which was priced under 5 Lakhs, It was Honda Brio, S(O) variant which was popular version among buyers. Nonetheless, Good Pricing by VW, will definitely boost the Sales desperately needed by VW. With Swift coming down to 13k from 18-19k, it will come down further.
Totally agree with you. I wonder why they withdrew the model [frustration].

Very nice facelift. Polo was always a classy looking car, made even better now. Polo is now a thoroughly value for money car. They just need to improve their A.S.S and bring down the cost of ownership.

As VW has shown by having Polo at 4.99 lacs, adding airbags DOES NOT escalate cost of a car much. I applaud VW for this and loath other popular car makers like Honda, Toyota, Maruti and Hyundai for treating Indian customers safety as the last priority. Time government made airbags mandatory.

As VW has shown by having Polo at 4.99 lacs, adding airbags DOES NOT escalate cost of a car much. I applaud VW for this and loath other popular car makers like Honda, Toyota, Maruti and Hyundai for treating Indian customers safety as the last priority. Time government made airbags mandatory.
Blame it on last 2 brands for not providing safety features on their cars. Some cars have it but only on topend versions at an extra cost Ex. Grand i10, Xcent, Celerio, Wagon R.

Toyota offers Liva, Etios with Safety Package as an option on mid versions, while Etios Cross gets them as standard.

Honda equipped old Jazz, City with Airbags & ABS on every variant. Now, Amaze has ABS standard on diesel versions. While top versions get Airbags. These premium brands (Honda,Toyota, Nissan, Skoda, VW etc) dont compromise on safety features. While Maruti, Mahindra, Hyundai etc offer higher comfort, tech features, while skipping safety features. Verna is offering 6 airbags on top versions only because no other car has it, if Hyundai wanted to emphasize on safety, they would have offered 6 Airbags on every variant. i20 Sportz costs 9.10 lakhs on road, it only has 1 Airbag & ABS, lower variants dont even get them as option. With Polo, VW India is following certain standards to make Airbags mandatory like they do abroad.

A Hatch at 4.99 lacs with Dual Airbags, now we are talking, well done VW and hope other manufacturers follow the suit.
Instead of making a price tag sensation of 4.99, I think if they really cared about the safty and not just relied on marketing gimmics, they would have added ABS too. It would have added at most a couple of thousands only. And a person paying more than 5 laks otr for it will be much more happier in shelling out those extra Ks.

AFAIK, ABS is the system which involves more of softwares than the hardwares, and hence the production cost when mass numbers are considered can not be too high. Also we have to change our attitude towards considering the gizmos provided in the car, wiz manufacturer provides bluetooth connectivity in initial variants while safty features are provided only in higher variants, that too when talking on mobile while driving is an offence.
Only, we can make a change in the way, these manufacturers are treating us.

Motorbeam reviews the Polo - 1.5TDI , Swift and Punto Evo. Here are their closing comments.

Polo 1.5TDI becomes the hottest hatch currently on sale. Wait, the competition will be blown away once the Polo GT TDI comes in September.
Volkswagen Polo emerges ahead of the Fiat Punto Evo and Maruti Suzuki Swift. It’s a car which is engineered to near perfection, making it the undisputed winner in this shootout. It’s also the most fun to drive car of the three as not only does it handle brilliantly, it also has a punchy engine.
Fiat Punto Evo vs Volkswagen Polo 1.5 vs Maruti Swift – Shootout | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Any info about the new GT TDI launch date? Initially they said that it will be available by august. Dealers in calicut dont have any updates on it till now. Did any dealers started taking the bookings?

Motorbeam reviews the Polo - 1.5TDI , Swift and Punto Evo. Here are their closing comments.

Polo 1.5TDI becomes the hottest hatch currently on sale. Wait, the competition will be blown away once the Polo GT TDI comes in September.

Fiat Punto Evo vs Volkswagen Polo 1.5 vs Maruti Swift – Shootout | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Thanks for the info dude. Yes, I really do agree that all Volkswagen products are masterpieces including my jetta. But there are many other brands in India which is why Volkswagens are not getting attention.

VW releases the Polo Refresh GT TSI - deliveries commence, gets a sporty spoiler.The rear gets reflectors on the bumper and a glossy black spoiler.
The GT badge has been relocated to the right side of the grille from the left.

The driver focused hatchback retains the old version’s wheels but gets glossy black ORVM housings.​

2014-VW-Polo-GT-TSI-facelift-rear-three-quarter.jpg

Does Polo 1.5 have waiting period of 2-3 weeks.? I'd booked HL TDi Night blue on aug 13th. Till now i havent got any updates about the delivery. Two days back the dealer said that due to Ganesha festival there is a delay in delivery in south india. Any info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom