Volkswagen Polo Facelift Launched. Starting Price: Rs.4.99 Lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Volkswagen Polo and Vento To Get More New Features

One model I am interested in is VW Polo Diesel + DSG combination. There is no clarity on whether VW is launching this variant or not. Some sites are mentioning it will be launched and some are not clear.

Re: Volkswagen Polo Facelift Launching on 15th July

Bookings start for Polo facelift @ 50000 INR across dealerships, delivery to start from 15th July.
2014-VW-Polo-facelift-spied-new-color-side.jpg
The Polo facelift will be available in 3 trim levels, Comfortline, Highline and Highline+. The trendline trim name from the older model will not be used for the new car.

VW Polo facelift shows new Orange body color

If the price is right then it is surely going to be a value for money, biggest challenge to the new polo could be the new Honda Jazz coming with 1.5 IDTEC which is scheduled for a Launch early 2015.

Last edited:

Report – VW Polo facelift’s 1.5L diesel engine specs leaked

The VW Polo facelift is set to be launched in India on July 15th. The premium hatchback receives minor styling upgrades but the biggest change comes from the new 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that will replace the current 1.2-litre three-cylinder unit.

Carsizzler has uploaded the image of what is supposedly a VW service training document, revealing the engine specifications of the facelifted model. The new diesel motor, as reported earlier, generates power in two states of tune – 88.2 bhp (90 PS) and 230 Nm of torque, and 102.9 bhp (105 PS) and 250 Nm of torque.

The document suggests that both the versions employ a VGT (Variable Geometry Turbocharger) and claims that the new engine provides a flat torque curve, low emissions, ‘super acceleration’ and ‘outstanding power efficiency’. The base variant of the engine produces a good 14.7 bhp (15 PS) and 50 Nm of torque more than the outgoing 1.2-litre diesel engine.

Attachments

i too saw the car at vw kannur. the guys were tight lipped about any info. kitna deti hai aur kya mol hai ?

Polo looks absolutely smashing with facelift.I guess VW could have offered Estrada alloys on Polo instead of aftermarket feeling alloys.

350Z

Core Team

i too saw the car at vw kannur. the guys were tight lipped about any info. kitna deti hai aur kya mol hai ?
Do you have pictures of the same? Launch is happening on 15th in Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I too saw two new Polo's being driven around near Ambala on the National Highway while traveling back from Delhi to Chandigarh. They were reaching the VW Ambala showroom and I was tempted to get down and ask for a test drive but then I was already getting late for a function at home. The car was in the new orange/saffron shade. The new front grill and the chrome around the fog lamps area looks pretty nice, but overall the car looks more or less exactly the same which is a good thing IMO. Eagerly waiting to drive the new 1.5TDI engine.

New Polo launching today. TAI will be at the event today, awaiting updates at the time of launch. Hope they price it competitively.

The alloys on new model resemble that of Passat Comfortline.

350Z

Core Team

New Polo launching today. TAI will be at the event today, awaiting updates at the time of launch.
Unfortunately I’m not at the event but we are going to test this car soon. You can catch live webcast here: New Polo launch-Live

GT TSi and GT TDi coming in refreshed avatar this August. Cross Polo to be equipped with 1.5L engine.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Volkswagen Polo 2014 Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> 1.2 MPi: Rs.4.99 – 6.07 Lakh

> 1.5 TDi: Rs.6.27 – Rs.7.37 Lakh

> Cross Polo: Rs.7.90 Lakh

> Polo GT TSi: Rs.7.99 Lakh

> Polo GT TDi: Rs.7.99 Lakh

colours.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

New Polo is available in 2 engine options at the moment, a 1.2 MPI with 75BHP and a 1.5 TDI with 90BHP. These engines are offered in 3 trims, Trendline, Comfortline, Highline.

Volkswagen will also start deliveries of Cross Polo, GT TSI, GT TDI from next month. The Cross Polo will come with same 1.5 TDi while GT TDI will get tweaked 1.5 TDI which produces 104BHP. GT TSI will get a 105BHP 1.2 Turbo Petrol Engine. With prices of these 3 being the same, i thing the Cross Polo and GT TSI might have the edge here. The reasons being,
1. Cross Polo will look different with cladding, different alloys etc.
2. Cross Polo might recieve some extra features over regular Polo.
3. Polo GT TSI has 7speed DSG gearbox which might be choice for AT buyers.
4.Driving Enthusiats might prefer GT TSI over regular Polo Petrol.
5. GT TDI might serve for those who want normal Polo with slightly more power.

If i would pick from these, they would be GT TSI or Polo(Regular).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom