Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDi Review & Pictures: Playful Polo

I am planning to buy the 1.5 tdi version of this car. Is there any existing owner of the same; please guide me as to how much expensive this car is to maintain. [confused]

What about your i20 purchase Saarji?

Maintenance will be somewhere around 7-9k per service which will be at 15k kms each. This way you have the bills which are about 2-3k more than that of Swift diesel etc but that is at 15k kms and hence more or less you are paying equal to them.

I bought mine on 6th itself, done more than 1200 kms and is happy initially. Additionally I have friends who own 1.5 TDi and one has crossed even 45k kms, nothing to complain till date.

Adding to this you can have great discounts too on Polo. I guess you can easily get up to 70-80k discount on a Polo after slight negotiation.

Get the Comfortline or Highline version and you will be happy.

What about your i20 purchase Saarji?

Maintenance will be somewhere around 7-9k per service which will be at 15k kms each. This way you have the bills which are about 2-3k more than that of Swift diesel etc but that is at 15k kms and hence more or less you are paying equal to them.

I bought mine on 6th itself, done more than 1200 kms and is happy initially. Additionally I have friends who own 1.5 TDi and one has crossed even 45k kms, nothing to complain till date.

Adding to this you can have great discounts too on Polo. I guess you can easily get up to 70-80k discount on a Polo after slight negotiation.

Get the Comfortline or Highline version and you will be happy.
I have booked the i20 because it has a waiting period of one month and most probably i will be buying the car in feb 2016.

I am giving consideration to all available cars in my budget.

I am getting great discount and finance schemes on the vw polo but i am a little worried about the service expenses as i have some friends who have 2010-2012 models of polo and tell me that they pay 20k for service.

I am aware of the fact that the vw have now started making parts in India and service costs have gone down significantly. Though i do not want to live in the fear of a time bomb. This is the reason why i am curious about the cost of maintaince.

I can bear with 8-9k for 15k kms as right now i am paying 11-13k for getting my Ritz serviced. I have once made the mistake of buying suzuki in the name of cheaper maintaince but would not repeat the same.

Thnks for your help Vipul.

I have booked the i20 because it has a waiting period of one month and most probably i will be buying the car in feb 2016.
In my case I could have waited till Jan or Feb but i20 is my liking not eh choice when it comes to a car for me.

I am giving consideration to all available cars in my budget.
What are your priorities? When it comes to space and flexibility then Polo isn't close to i20 I must tell you. It's a drivers car and you need to buy one keeping this in mind.

I am getting great discount and finance schemes on the vw polo but i am a little worried about the service expenses as i have some friends who have 2010-2012 models of polo and tell me that they pay 20k for service.
I have friends who pay at least 7-8k and at most 15-20k for the service of i20 or Swift. Polo 1.2 had a higher maintenance and used to demand for a higher number of items for replacement, in case of 1.5; the wear and tear items require a bit lesser replacement now. Still you can expect the service bills to range from 8-9k to 15-20k depending on the items replaced. But then you get the service also done at 15k kms each and that should be taken into consideration.

Pay 12k for a Swift even 10k kms or pay 18k for a Polo every 15k kms, meaning is same. You are just paying 1.20 Rupees per kilometer for maintenance.

I am aware of the fact that the vw have now started making parts in India and service costs have gone down significantly. Though i do not want to live in the fear of a time bomb. This is the reason why i am curious about the cost of maintaince.
No need to sirji and believe me, when the parts get replaced; every car costs a bomb. But yes, the VW service will will easily be 15-20% higher as compared to a Maruti but they will come at 15k kms too.

I can bear with 8-9k for 15k kms as right now i am paying 11-13k for getting my Ritz serviced. I have once made the mistake of buying suzuki in the name of cheaper maintaince but would not repeat the same.
Buy a Hyundai i20 diesel and you will get to see even higher bills sirji.

And yes, if you are buying a petrol Polo then you should get only Polo GT TSi. Regular Polo is better in its' TDi guise, naturally aspirated petrol engines from Maruti, Honda and Hyundai are better

In my case I could have waited till Jan or Feb but i20 is my liking not eh choice when it comes to a car for me.

What are your priorities? When it comes to space and flexibility then Polo isn't close to i20 I must tell you. It's a drivers car and you need to buy one keeping this in mind.

I have friends who pay at least 7-8k and at most 15-20k for the service of i20 or Swift. Polo 1.2 had a higher maintenance and used to demand for a higher number of items for replacement, in case of 1.5; the wear and tear items require a bit lesser replacement now. Still you can expect the service bills to range from 8-9k to 15-20k depending on the items replaced. But then you get the service also done at 15k kms each and that should be taken into consideration.

Pay 12k for a Swift even 10k kms or pay 18k for a Polo every 15k kms, meaning is same. You are just paying 1.20 Rupees per kilometer for maintenance.

No need to sirji and believe me, when the parts get replaced; every car costs a bomb. But yes, the VW service will will easily be 15-20% higher as compared to a Maruti but they will come at 15k kms too.

Buy a Hyundai i20 diesel and you will get to see even higher bills sirji.

And yes, if you are buying a petrol Polo then you should get only Polo GT TSi. Regular Polo is better in its' TDi guise, naturally aspirated petrol engines from Maruti, Honda and Hyundai are better
Thnks for your advice. First of all sorry to reply this late. I was not in India for a long time. Buying car today is becoming easier and tougher at the same time. Easier in the sense there are a lot of assistance that you get online and by the dealerships but at the same time more options easily lands you in confusion.

Everything settles and clears when you set your priorities. Well i had tried to do the same by settling and cooling my mind. So now i think soon i have made my choice and hope for the best.

Guys here is the Good news from VW, a much awaited addition of a new colour for which i was waiting for. They Have added two new colours, but i could see only one with them.

The two new colors are the Toffee Brown same like that on Vento and the other one was a light shade of Grey.
Here is a single pic that I manage to take.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...kswagen-polo-1-2-petrol-highline-dsc_0660.jpg

Reviving the old thread, well; here came the first very big one for me from VW. Although the bills of 20k+ have been already paid by me at 60k and 90k kms service, but this time they have outdone themselves.

The ownership of around 1,25 lac kms has been quite wonderful I must say, the car has been reliable and fun to drive even after 1.25 lac kms of usage. Never it got me stranded anywhere, and never has it given up on anything. a small but powerful diesel car it indeed is.

Attachments

Thread Starter #55

350Z

Core Team
Reviving the old thread, well; here came the first very big one for me from VW. Although the bills of 20k+ have been already paid by me at 60k and 90k kms service, but this time they have outdone themselves.
@TSIVipul You're welcome back! Could you share the split charges of the invoice?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Could you share the split charges of the invoice?
Thanks Vibhor.
Invoice I need to look around for, but the rough estimate is as follows:
1) Clutch - 16,000
2) Front suspension - 11000 + 4000
3) Brake pads - Around 3000
4) Complete Service - 8000
5) Brake Discs - 5000

Since I bought their AMC this time, normally their AMC is a bad deal, but this time it worked out good in complete math as the next service is free, so is the current one and some discount on parts and labour too. Hence the final bill went past 45k.

Top Bottom