Volkswagen Mount Road Dealership

Thread Starter #1
Guten Tag!!!!

-------NOTE------
The contents in this thread is my own experience.All the contents are my own opinions and prospective.They are not meant to be offensive or abusive.I have purchased VW polo from this dealer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would to dedicate this thread for the experience in VW mount road showroom.(TVS Sundaram)

I recently purchased a VW polo from this dealer.The reason behind this decision was mainly because of the Workshop and Service station along with the Showroom.

Infrastructure : The showroom is pretty huge.The showrooms plays as a home for many vehicles like the passat,bettle,phaeton,vento,vento disel,polo,polo diesel.So you should be rightly assume that its pretty big.It is also luxurious,the lounge are nice,lighting is elegant.Also the showroom seems to be airy so it should mislead the design,color of the vehicles displayed (atleast in daylight). Also this showroom has a pretty big hall behind the showroom which has the test drive vehicles of all the models.So it should remove the doubt of the dealers using the customers(booked cars) as a test vehicle.They have separate divisions of building particularly dedicated for various services.
Also they have a special delivery bay for the customers getting the cars from the dealer.[clap]

Sales consultants : Well the experience was very average,not bad though was fair enough.When we first entered the showroom we were attended by three SCs.They asked me which car do you want see sir?So they attended me pretty well.There behavior was polite til I booked the car.
Once i had booked it the behavior surely changed a bit.They were little reluctant with me.They never called me to tell us about the status.Also even if we called and asked some other guy would pick up and say "Sir,he is in a meeting".Then again they would call me and tell the status of the car.

Also they are bunch of arrogant and rude SCs in the showroom,who never listen to what we say and talk very sarcastically. Once I called them up and asked the status of the car,the SC asked if i had paid the money first.Now this totally rude.(Though I paid the full payment at the date of booking itself).
A SC doesnt have the rule to ask all these matter from the customer atleast.My father got very angry and he blasted.[evil]

So behavior is pretty average.Also I demanded an APOLLO tyres and they also promised me.But before 10 days of delivery they told we are uncertain whether the tyres would be APollo.[frustration]

@Prad13: One should never pay full amount before delivery.

A booking amount should have been paid initially, then after seeing the car.

The remaining amount should have been paid.

Then the SA would have made a follow up call, instead of you calling them.

@Prad13: One should never pay full amount before delivery.

A booking amount should have been paid initially, then after seeing the car.

The remaining amount should have been paid.

Then the SA would have made a follow up call, instead of you calling them.
They are doing the same thing in my part of the country as well. My brother-in-law had the same thing happen to him.

I thought it is only Gurudev Motors who does that.. Now TVS Sundaram too..! So the problem is with VW and Skoda Brands itself huh..?

@Prad13: Join the club of VW & Skoda customers.Now be prepared for the typical attitude of Service Advisors very soon...!
True.Its better i set expectations before. Atleast you would not feel bad when you face it..

I always wonder, Can we see a STOP to this at some point.. Evidently it still continues.

That was a nice crisp review and i agree with all the points mentioned by you , i have been to that showroom once.

My friend got Vento TDI highline from them and the attitude of the SE was the same like you mentioned. When we went to book the car they spoke well and were very courteous. And once my friend gave the cheque they never did any follow up. They delivered the car a good 1 month after the promised date and believe me my friend has still not got his RC book! Even today my friend is following them up to get his RC book!

Thread Starter #9
Sorry guys wasn't feeling well for these days[thumbsdown]

So to continue on i didnt get the apolo tyres.I only got a JK tyre.[frustration]Was really very much disappointed with it.I felt there explanation were rude and disappointing.Wasn't happy.

Then after some 15 to 20 days, i again had to call them up and ask the status of the car.They still said they didn't know what is status at all ,i broke down and demanded the commitment date or else threatened that i would cancel the booking.Then they called within hours and told june 2.
Then know what they again called and told they can give it by 5 or 6th evening only.So again i had to wait for more time.Then when 6 came they said its still delayed and i gt the delivery only after two days.That was really disappointing.

I hate such dealerships , even i was made to wait a lot more for getting my Aria than the promised date. Why give commitment first and then later delay the delivery?

BTW what was the explanation given for the tyres?

A relative of mine, a judicial officer had his 1,00,000 plus in excess in the dealer's hand for 29 days before refund after he got the car. The money was with the dealer for almost two months in all. And we had to send cops to get the money back. Its not as easy as you think. They can send a complaint to the High court against my relative for some reason and make him run around for no fault of his. I think they are trying to make a profit with the interests our advance booking money makes. Guess who the dealer was[anger]?

Thread Starter #12
I hate such dealerships , even i was made to wait a lot more for getting my Aria than the promised date. Why give commitment first and then later delay the delivery?

BTW what was the explanation given for the tyres?
Know what there answer was a bit sarcastic.When i asked them the reason,the SC told me "that JK tyres are better and who do say that apollo are better when the company has sanctioned them".When i asked them a question they instead started making questions.

That is when my patience and temper ended and blasted on the SC for his arrogant behavior.I started shouting on him in middle of number of customers and the showroom.But there was absolutely no point because they are what they are.You can never change them what so ever.[frustration]

Thread Starter #13
A relative of mine, a judicial officer had his 1,00,000 plus in excess in the dealer's hand for 29 days before refund after he got the car. The money was with the dealer for almost two months in all. And we had to send cops to get the money back. Its not as easy as you think. They can send a complaint to the High court against my relative for some reason and make him run around for no fault of his. I think they are trying to make a profit with the interests our advance booking money makes. Guess who the dealer was[anger]?
SURELY THEY DO EARN A HELL LOT OF MONEY.Many of them demand a full payment in order to ensure a preference in delivery and they earn money.
I really dont think what should we do about it[confused]

I was told to pay the driver who raced the new car for 60Kms from the main dealership 300 rupees for his awesome tango drive. We thought that the car was to be carried on a car carrier trailer to the showroom. I've seen these idiots drive new cars for delivery at breakneck from one showroom to another. I even forced two guys to slow down by blocking them behind me when they were being too pushy and crazy. I just couldn't let them get away with screwing two new cars that are to be delivered to unsuspecting customers.

And by the way, You can't actually demand and expect for a particular make of tyres. The cars come with different makes, sometimes JK sometimes Apollo subject to availability and if you insist on that, the car delivery might get delayed further.

I can't reveal the name due to some reasons, But maybe a can give you a clue. They sell cars that are made by a company from Deutschland.

Last edited:

Top Bottom