Volkswagen Launches Cross Polo – The Sporty Avatar of Polo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Re: VW Polo Cross Caught Testing in India

Wow! All black interiors given to this Cross Polo variant. [clap] Surely a welcome move against the overdose of beige used in India. Looks very sporty inside out. Though the new 16 inch alloy wheels look nice, they still look a tad puny with the raised height and the wheel arch gap is quite wide and visible. 17 inchers would have looked killer.

Ground clearance should be around 180mm. Just guessing though.

Wow! All black interiors given to this Cross Polo variant. [clap] Surely a welcome move against the overdose of beige used in India. Looks very sporty inside out. Though the new 16 inch alloy wheels look nice, they still look a tad puny with the raised height and the wheel arch gap is quite wide and visible. 17 inchers would have looked killer.

Ground clearance should be around 180mm. Just guessing though.
I just now saw a silver color cross polo ,will post the pics once i come home.

Thread Starter #34

Thanks a lot Raja for the pics. Did you by any chance see the tire profile of the Cross Polo. I seriously doubt looking from the pics if the alloy is even a 16incher. Looks more of a 15inch size to me. The silver inserts on the front bumper is really looking good.

Thanks a lot Raja for the pics. Did you by any chance see the tire profile of the Cross Polo. I seriously doubt looking from the pics if the alloy is even a 16incher. Looks more of a 15inch size to me. The silver inserts on the front bumper is really looking good.
dint see dear , but will let you know by tomorrow mostly . but it looks like a hatch the ground clearance is just 168 mm . ecosport is safe [;)]
but fit and finish is awesome typical VW. the roof rails are of super quality and extremely sturdy .

Thread Starter #36
Thanks for the update Dezire. I was correct to say that these were 15inch alloys only as against stated by Autocar India earlier that there would be 16inch ones on the Cross Polo. The car overall looks good but with a little puny tires to me as the extra cladding on the wheel arches make them look even tinier than they actually are. VW should have plonked 17inchers on these like in the European version for those killer looks. Liked the upholstery color and design too. Although they are providing the car in the more sporty shades, wondering why VW left out Candy White shade on this variant. White takes the majority of chunk of any car in India and deciding not to provide the customers with it could very well backfire. Well, unless and until they are happy with whatever miniscule amount of sales come from this variant.

Edit - VW has launched the Cross Polo at 7.75Lacs ex showroom New Delhi. Well I would say its pretty decently priced when you see the extras you get over the Polo Highline Diesel which retails at 7.23Lacs ex showroom. Would be pretty interesting to see the sales of this variant in the coming months.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/vw-cross-polo-92891

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Volkswagen Launches Cross Polo – The Sporty Avatar of Polo

Volkswagen has officially announced the launch of Cross Polo in India. The sales will commence from tomorrow onwards. Sharing all the essential details:
“The Polo is an important carline in the Indian portfolio and with ongoing updates we keep it relevant and exciting for our customers. The Cross Polo has been created for those looking at a premium hatchback in a sporty ‘crossover’ style.” - Mr. Arvind Saxena, Managing Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars
> Price (Ex.Showroom, Delhi): Rs.7,75,000

Engine:

> 1.2 litre TDI (Diesel)

> 75 PS Power @ 4,200 RPM

> 180 NM Torque @ 2,000 RPM

> 5 Speed Manual Transmission

Exterior

> New “Cross” grill with chrome accent

> New “Cross” bumpers, front & rear, with silver accents

> 5-spoke alloy wheels

> Black side cladding

> Black moulded covers for wheel arches and rocker panel

> Silver roof rails

> Silver painted door mirror housing

> “Cross Polo” decals on rear doors

> Halogen headlamps in black finish

> Heat insulating glass for windscreen, side and rear windows

> Galvanized body with 6 years anti-corrosion warranty

Interiors:

> Superior 'Livon' Titanium black upholstery

> Leather wrapped steering wheel

> Leather wrapped gearshift knob and handbrake lever handle

> Chrome interior trim

> Storage compartment in front doors including cup-holders for 1.5 litre bottle

> 3 grab handles above doors, folding with coat hooks

> Sunglass holder inside glove box

> Front centre console with 12V outlet

> Luggage compartment cover/parcel tray

Comfort and Convenience:

> Climatronic' automatic air conditioning with dust and pollen filter

> 2-Din RCD 320 music system with USB, Aux-in, SD Card, Bluetooth and 4 speakers

> Instrument cluster with tachometer, speedometer, odometer and trip odometer

> Multi-function display (MFD)

> Multi-function steering wheel

> Speed-related electronic power steering

> Tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel

> Lane change indicator - triple flash

> Height adjustable driver's seat

> Digital clock, fuel gauge, warning lights for high coolant temperature and low oil pressure

> Speed sensing auto door locks

> Remote control central locking

> Outside rear view mirror, electrically adjustable

> Rear parking sensors

> Central locking with boot opener in company logo

Safety and Security:

> ABS (Anti-lock brake system)

> Dual frontal airbags, driver and co-passenger side

> Electronic engine immobilizer with floating code

> 3 point front seat belts

> 3 point rear outer seat belts, lap belt in middle

> Pinch guard safety for all 4 power windows

> High mounted third brake light

> Front disc brakes

> Fog light, front & rear

> Emergency Exit

Color Options:

> Flash Red

> Reflex Silver

> Deep Black Pearl

Volkswagen-Cross-Polo-Specifications.png

Volkswagen-Cross-Polo-Front.jpg

Volkswagen-Cross-Polo-Rear.jpg

Volkswagen-Cross-Polo-Interiors.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am little confused about this car,is this really a cross or it just a name?For a cross 168mm GC is not at all acceptable but overall its looks very nice and macho[clap] and it may cancel few ES booking[embarass].Now i am seriously thinking about this car but dont you think its little overprised,may be i am wrong.

Last edited:
Exactly like what skoda did with Fabia viz;Scout not sure how much of a success Cross polo will be...[glasses] considering the price one would rather go for an Eco Sport

Exactly like what skoda did with Fabia viz;Scout not sure how much of a success Cross polo will be...considering the price one would rather go for an Eco Sport
Completely Agree with your point [thumbswink]

This Model is going to affect existing VV Polo [gun] sales, instead to compete with ES.[thinking]

I am little confused about this car,is this really a cross or it just a name?For a cross 168mm GC is not at all acceptable but overall its looks very nice and macho[clap] and it may cancel few ES booking[embarass].Now i am seriously thinking about this car but dont you think its little overprised,may be i am wrong.
I'm with you on this swiftkolkata. I think it is just a gimmick for making a few extra bucks. For me this is similar to what MSIL does for their so called "Limited Editions". And IMO, Polo is better looking than this one.

The Cross Polo is a failure internationally, when compared to the normal Polo that VW manages to sell it other markets. Just you tube for UK reviews and you will see that like us buyers elsewhere also a little 'cross' at this cross variant.

Makes you think the about the desperate (& poor) strategies being devised by the car companies due to the market condition and lack of funds.

I dont simply see the point of launching this car, it doesn't seem to any different than the current polo or am i missing something!
Does crossover means 'skirts' - hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom