Volkswagen Jetta Poor Quality Stock Alloy Wheels

Thread Starter #91
Re: Volkswagen Jetta Stock Alloy Wheels - Poor Quality (Issue Resolved)

Hahaha. Worldwin, did i just see a similar post on VW Fan Zone?... [:D]
Yes dear because i want many people to help me...............i am really very confused and annoyed because i have parked my car in garage and is not able to use it[frustration][frustration]

Yes dear because i want many people to help me...............i am really very confused and annoyed because i have parked my car in garage and is not able to use it[frustration][frustration]
Okay. Now that's really bad.[anger]

Btw, all these complains about the bending of alloys has alerted me. I'm going to dig into a few options for myself. Have a backup ready well in advance.

Any luck with the alloys yet? And are you based in rudrapur itself?

Will the ET difference of 10 give a negative effect in the cars suspension or any other part
I am really confused.
Hi worldwin, just did a bit of research and spoke to a couple of guys. The ET diff. would not be problem.
In fact most of the after market alloys for the jetta would have ET specification as 40.

Thread Starter #94

Hi worldwin, just did a bit of research and spoke to a couple of guys. The ET diff. would not be problem.
In fact most of the after market alloys for the jetta would have ET specification as 40.
Thanks Boss for your valuable information. Can someone tell me about forgiato alloys wheels. Can they perform good in INDIAN Roads.

Thread Starter #95

Hahaha. Worldwin, did i just see a similar post on VW Fan Zone?... [:D]
Hey PAPA Blaze can you please click some of the pics of your alloy from back side and post the pics. and it would be helpful for me if u can tell me the brand of alloys which are fitted in your jetta
I mean is it RONAL or BORBET
thanks bro
[surprise]

Can someone tell me about forgiato alloys wheels. Can they perform good in INDIAN Roads.
A friend was planning a modded Merc & was looking at this brand,they make forged rims & its usually USA market i think.
But if i remember right they dont make anything lesser than 20 inch ,which will probably fit a Honda Accord & E class but maybe not on your Jetta,atleast the tire wall will need to be really low.

Thread Starter #97

HI
Friends on 10 may 2013 phone came from vw haldwani. They informed me that company is ready to change my alloys free of cost. I was very happy . On 11 may 2013, i went to the workshop for the change of alloys. But a new thing happened there as i was sitting the customer area and my car was in the service bay, a doubt came in mind and i decided to check what the people in service bay are doing with my alloys. I went there and checked the new alloys but i was socked to see that they are changing my alloys with the repaired alloys not the new one. I stopped them from doing this and asked them why they are doing this. I was told by them that This is what they got from company. And Volkswagen India has given approval to change alloys with the repaired one.
What did Volkswagen thought..............Are Indians Fool?????????[lol]

.. I was told by them that This is what they got from company. And Volkswagen India has given approval to change alloys with the repaired one.
What did Volkswagen thought..............Are Indians Fool?????????[lol]
Poor VW, you caught them red handed! Good job!!
You should not spare them at any cost, demand full replacement of alloys without paying a penny.
So what is the situation now? Is VW agreeing to the replacement of alloys?

Thread Starter #99

Finally have filed a suit against the Volkswagen INDIA in Consumer Court.................waiting for the response.

Collectively, all of us in this forum should stop buying VW cars. We can make a difference, but only if we are united.

Hello Friends,
I want
instal good quality of after market alloys. I was willing to instal BBS alloy , OZ alloys or Lenso Alloys. I was told by the dealer that BBS and OZ does not manufacture 16 inch alloy. There size starts from 17 inch.
Now i have only one option left i.e. Lenso. The specification which the dealer told me is
7Jx16 ET 40 with pcd 5x112
My company fitted alloys are with following specification
6.5Jx16H2 ET 50 with PCD 5x112
Now coming to real question
Will the ET difference of 10 give a negative effect in the cars suspension or any other part
I am really confused.
Hi buddy,

There is one more issue you need to address. Most after market alloys come with bigger hub diameters so that they can fit into a wide range of cars. Although, you will not have a problem in fitting these wheels, but your car will now be sitting on wheels which are lugc-cntric and not hub-centric. This will lead to vibrations on steering wheel at high speeds.
Find out the hub diameter of the car and also check for the hub diameter of the alloys which you shall purchase.
If the alloys have a large hub, just fit in a hub centric ring. This is the best solution.
Also, the ET difference can also be corrected with hub centric rings.

Thanks,
Simple_car

P.S. Best of luck with your case. Hope you have justice.

Top Bottom