Volkswagen Brings Diesel Hot Hatch: Polo GT TDi (Details: Pg.14)

Re: Volkswagen Polo Facelift Coming

well you may also be right but speculations are also that new polo will have more powerful engine! it can launch in weeks time acc. to motorbeam!!
The only possibility is 1.5 TDI and this car has no TDI logo nor it has a 1.6/1.5 logo. It is also possible that it might be testing for any market other than india.

350Z

Core Team

Festive season has already begun. Don’t know what Volkswagen is upto? Possibly they will bring it on Auto Expo if not now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

According to me Polo needs a backlift rather than facelift.[lol]
Just joking guys.

What i meant was their rear lamps are not so catchy, kinda old design to me.

1.6 TDI on Polo?

According to Carwale, VW is researching on introducing a diesel 1.6L VW Polo for the masses to embrace. The company is planning to plonk Vento’s 1.6L TDI in the body of a Polo to make it a hot hatchback that will not be expensive to run.

By plonking the Vento diesel engine in the Polo the power to boost to 105 bhp with 153 NM of torque (i.e unless VW chooses to de-tune the engine). The power to weight ratio will be boosted thus enhancing the performance. More importantly, the fuel economy will be the critical deciding factor for the purchase process.

Re: 1.6 TDI on Polo?

olden petrol heads will buy them for sure for the pleaure of driving with power and diesel economy . no so just a 15kmpl will be a big thing for them - atleast for me.

1.6tdi is kind of performance oriented in polo . Just a diesel hatch from polo buyer must have a option for the 3 pot fabia engine!

Re: 1.6 TDI on Polo?

According to Carwale, VW is researching on introducing a diesel 1.6L VW Polo for the masses to embrace. The company is planning to plonk Vento’s 1.6L TDI in the body of a Polo to make it a hot hatchback that will not be expensive to run.

By plonking the Vento diesel engine in the Polo the power to boost to 105 bhp with 153 NM of torque (i.e unless VW chooses to de-tune the engine). The power to weight ratio will be boosted thus enhancing the performance. More importantly, the fuel economy will be the critical deciding factor for the purchase process.
This rumour has been around for over six months now. I had wasted quite a few months waiting for this to come out[frustration]. I will believe the news when the car actually comes out[:)]

BTW, for Bangalore guys, I saw a new VW showroom coming up near KR puram on outer ring road. Not sure if it's operational. It'd be interesting to see if the new showroom gives a better customer experience.

Re: Volkswagen Polo Facelift Coming with 1.6 TDi?

YES! There will be a 1.6 tdi or even the 1.5 TDI (REtuned) Polo coming on the Auto Expo 2012!

Yes there is a rumour that Polo would come in 1.5 TDI engine.
I would personally love to see a 1.5L TDi engine which is, imo, very much required for a premium hatchback like Polo. It would provide a nice option to the prospective buyers who otherwise shortlist Polo just because of its 3pot heart.

I would personally love to see a 1.5L TDi engine which is, imo, very much required for a premium hatchback like Polo. It would provide a nice option to the prospective buyers who otherwise shortlist Polo just because of its 3pot heart.
Well Akash. Everything is rumor till we get the car in flesh or see it [:)]. Auto expo is the nearest big event to launch such a variant or VW has some other plans.

People are waiting and watching to get more confused I must say [lol]

It is very much a rumor only! Looking at it logically, currently Polo Tdi with 3-pot 1.2ltr heart costs around 8lacs OTR (highline). Imagine VW plonking a 1.6ltr, and there by increasing the duty as it will be more than the 1.5 ltr mark, will cause Polo to cost around 9.5lacs (tentative). Who the hell will buy this car? May be a few enthusiasts but thats about it.

The most plausible rumor/assumption would be Polo puts in 1.5ltr and retunes it to give a better performance. But even that seems a little wishing-for-the-stars thing!

It is very much a rumor only! Looking at it logically, currently Polo Tdi with 3-pot 1.2ltr heart costs around 8lacs OTR (highline). Imagine VW plonking a 1.6ltr, and there by increasing the duty as it will be more than the 1.5 ltr mark, will cause Polo to cost around 9.5lacs (tentative). Who the hell will buy this car? May be a few enthusiasts but thats about it.

The most plausible rumor/assumption would be Polo puts in 1.5ltr and retunes it to give a better performance. But even that seems a little wishing-for-the-stars thing!
I agree and probably they would launch a limited edition for the enthusiasts only.

Are they planning to release this one in the autoexpo 2012? 1.5 TDI will be better than the current one but what about the prices?

1.5 TDI would be a great offer as far as the enthusiasts are concerned. Even a sedate driver like me will also consider one, expecting more refinement than the current 3-pot engine (on the assumption that the turbo lag below 2K rpm also will be reduced). But still the price is a matter of concern. In Kerala, the HL TDI Polo comes around 8L on-road and the 1.5 TDI could very well touch 9.25 - 9.5 L.

Will 2012 Auto Expo give us an answer? Not quite sure, though I love to be clarified by this event. [lol]

IMO i dont think they will price the Polo 1.5 TDI upto 9 lakhs as one would get a sedan of the same price.I might guess the price to be around 8.5 lakhs.A polo 1.5TDI with 8.5L is a killer price i must say![clap]

We have to Wait till Auto Expo anyways![:)]

Top Bottom