Volkswagen Beetle GT3 RS

Re: VW Beetle GT3 RS

i really dont appreciate this. a 911 GT3RS has its own prestige but this is just a wanna-be. also i heard it will come with the 911 GT3RS wings and kits!

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended
Re: VW Beetle GT3 RS

The Porsches are nothing but Beetle rip-offs

Ferdinand was such a wannabe.

This Concept GT3 RS is very much contrived, and perhaps many of you won't like it at all, but to me eyes, this thing looks FABULOUS! It adds a little zing to what essentially is a plain-jane, vanilla-flavored 2012 VW Beetle. And no, PLEASE, don't label Porsches as Beetle rip-offs. They're not. They're probably the finest driving machines produced on our planet today. If you say a 911 is just a VW Beetle with a turbocharged flat-six engine, then you must SERIOUSLY read up.

Thread Starter #5

AMG

Suspended
^

It is you who must read up.

Ferdinand Porsche bought a Beetle, ran a road roller over it, put an engine in the remains, and the Porsche was born.

^

It is you who must read up.

Ferdinand Porsche bought a Beetle, ran a road roller over it, put an engine in the remains, and the Porsche was born.
Relax AMG. I meant no offence to you. But what you're saying is just absurd. The 911 does resemble the Beetle in some ways, yes. But that doesn't mean that it's a flattened Beetle. I repeat, it's not. Those who say this are just uninformed or are plainly against Porsche. Learn to appreciate the excellence of their cars mate! [cheers]

Thread Starter #7

AMG

Suspended
The first Porsche, the Porsche 64, was developed in 1939 using many components from the Beetle.

In post-war Germany, parts were generally in short supply, so the 356 automobile used components from the Volkswagen Beetle including its internal combustion engine, transmission, and suspension.
Source: Wikipedia.

I am not denying the fact that older Porsches did not SHARE components with the VW Beetle. In the earlier days, they may have shared stuff among themselves. It's today that matters. Today, if you say that a Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 is the same as a Volkswagen Beetle 2.0 TSi, then you're missing the point completely. Porsche is one great manufacturer producing some wonderful cars, of which some are not that appealing aesthetically. That doesn't mean you have to belittle them and compare them to cuddly little VWs.

Thread Starter #9

AMG

Suspended
Imagine a lady.

She had 2 sons.

Both got married, and then continued in their families, and had kids, and generation after generation of successors.

That doesnt mean that they stop being relatives, does it?

In this case the Mother is the Beetle design and the chasis, and the two sons are Beetle and Porsche(the company, not the guy)

Imagine a lady.

She had 2 sons.

Both got married, and then continued in their families, and had kids, and generation after generation of successors.

That doesnt mean that they stop being relatives, does it?

In this case the Mother is the Beetle design and the chasis, and the two sons are Beetle and Porsche(the company, not the guy)
You're right when you say they're related. Of course they are! VW owns Porsche and so they're relatives alright. But why say a Porsche is a Beetle rip-off? It just gives a completely wrong dimension to what you're saying. It turns disrespectful. That's like saying that I am a rip-off of my brother just because I am similar to him in some aspects and that we're related, is it now?

Hey Guys this is off the topic.:offtopic:

Its going to a big story so Mods Please Split the Post If needed.

I'll just rewind the history of Volkswagen, since i was associated with VW for almost a year.

The company volkswagen is started by Ferdinand Porsche with the Help of hitler to produce affordable cars to the people of Germany. (Like what TATA nano by Mr.Ratan Tata) The Plam was to build a car for 2000 Deutsche Mark. The money was raised from selling stamps.

Who ever bought the stamps for 2000 deutsche marks, were provided with a certificate or Car offer letter with out time specification.

Hitler helped Porsche to build the factory in wolfberg. the city was built by Hitler to start the factory.

but during the WWII, the city was almost destroyed, and the factory too.

Then a british General named Ivan rebuilt the Factory in order to provide the People of wolfsberg to give job opertunity.

During the WWII, Porsche was helping the country by buliding the Tanks & artilaries in the Volkswagen factory. after the WWII He was arrested.

That time German Government Denied his rights over the Wolfsberg foctory. This action agrevated His Anger. He took it as a challnge and started his own car manufacturing company "Porsche".

Dear AMG, For sure Ferdinand Porsche is not a wannabe guy. the Beetle is his own brain child. that is the reason why all the Porsches resembles beetle.

For your information, VW does not own Porsche. but vice versa.

The Porsche Auto holding holds the 51% of Volkswagen AG's shares.

It is a contraversy that the two companies are holding shares of each other.

These were not taken from any wikipedia.

It is the history of volkswagen.

Please continue the duscussion folks.[cheers]

Top Bottom