Volkswagen Ameo TDI: Simple Low-Cost Modifications Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have Volkswagen Ameo TDI Highline Plus 2017 model (Blue color).

Below are the mods I'm looking for:
1. Basic visual modifications. Could be stripes or decals or stickers or spoiler.
2. Sports exhaust. Doesn't need performance exhaust, just the sound job. I should feel the exhaust sound while revving.
3. Low cost audio enhancements. Could be just couple of speakers replacements. I'm not at all happy with my current OEM audio setup. My car got old RCD330 HU with 5 inch screen and reverse camera, parking sensors (later models got RCD330 Plus with Android Auto and 7 inch screen). I'm not able to feel the bass at all in current setup. If I increase volume, it's loud but not pleasant. Fiddled with Equaliser settings as well in the HU & mobile, but not much improvement. Even my Old Ford Figo had awesome setup compared to Ameo. Would it help if I change to 3-way component speakers? Or any other simple mods recommended?
4. Any simple and useful accessories? Any good Accessories shop to recommend in Hyderabad? I stay near APPA junction, near ORR.

Any suggestions on these would be helpful. Please mention costs involved as well.

Please note that I recently spent 35k for extended warranty, so definitely would not like to risk it.

Thanks,
Shekhar

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
1. I'm against putting anything upon paint work. It would be bad on long run. Color difference once removed. Also flaking over time. I won't even let service center put their sticker on. Spoilers are kinda wacky nowadays and without any big mods like big wheels, they would look out of place for sure.
2. Never seen anyone installing free flow on diesel. You could simply cut off the end can and add a free flow one. Not pretty much sure of the after effects or the loudness. But to switch back, you gotta cut again and weld back or buy the entire part of the exhaust.
3. Good pair of components would sound better than stock ones. We had Pioneer components in front door plus JBL coaxial in the rear door, but the whole output depends on the capability of the stock HU. Bass was better, but not deep subwoofer-ish bass. If there is option to mount ovals in parcel shelf, more bass can be generated, but again not super deep. Another option is under-seat subwoofer. They come powered with amp and sits neatly under the seat. You gotta tap from the speaker output of stock HU and need separate wiring. But VW is picky about these during warranty claims and if you have good rapport with the dealer, they would just ignore.

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Any suggestions for high bass components to fit in front door?
My pick would be JBL GTO 609C. Change rear door speaker as well. We had Pioneer A1702C in Polo. Installed Pioneer TS-C601IN on @vishnu vichu's VTEC. All were decent performers. JBL one had more of a bass, but don't expect too much [cheers]

Once you start ICE'ing, you can't stop spending [evil]

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions.
I see these these JBLs are 2 way component's. Will it help better with 3 way or 4 way? And with high power output?

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks for the suggestions.
I see these these JBLs are 2 way component's. Will it help better with 3 way or 4 way? And with high power output?
Most of the components and coaxial are 2 ways only. Even 3-way coaxial speakers are rare and many times too costly. Oval comes in 3 or more ways. The RCD330 got only 20W per channel and these speakers are too much for them.

Top Bottom