Vlr – Tirumala – Vlr – B’lore – vlr – Fully loaded with FUN

Thread Starter #1
After a year gap we decided to visit Tirupathi Balaji. We booked room at Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam at Vellore Branch in Aug 2011. But, we got room after 3months from the booking date. So we got room on 8th Nov 2011. We also planned to take Rs.50 ticket at TTD, Vellore on previous week of the visit. But we gone to Kallakurichi & Cuddalore to deliver Diwali sweets to our relations on that week, in-between all the tickets were sold on 8th. So we planned to buy tickets in Alipiri. We know in Alipiri they are issuing Rs.50 dharshan ticket from 5am to 10am.

I planned to take leave on 8th & 9th from my office. But, god’s grace on that week my manager changed my shift & gave off on 8th & 9th. I finished my shift on 7th and started from Chennai by bike at 10:30pm & reached Vellore at 12am on 8th.

8th Nov 2011:

Route : Vellore – Chittor – Alipiri – Tirumala
No. of Occupants: Myself, Dad, Mom, Grandma & My cousin brother.
Km. covered – 230km.
Mode of Travel : My Car (Black Indica)
About My car: Service had done before 6000kms. Previous week to Tirumala trip my car done Kallakurichi & Cuddalore trip, total around 700km. That trip was done in heavy rain. While taking reverse in Cuddalore my power window switch got failure due to rain. At that time it winded up, later power windows are not working. As my car always running with A/C so I decided to service the power window switch after Triumala trip.
Our Plan: 8th - Balaji Dharshan in morning and night stay at Tiumala
9th - Alamalu rangapuram, Kalahasthi & Triuthani then return to vellore

Thread Starter #2
Waked up at 3:00am & started from Vellore at 5:30am and filled the tank in Krishna bunk at Sankaranpalayam in Vellore itself.

Whenever we start our trip we will do pooja for my car in temple which is located at border of Vellore.

At 7am we had a Tea in-between chittor & Trupathi. Due to cold climate my hands are shivering, even I’m unable to hold tea cup properly. Then we reached Alipiri at 8am. To get tickets I cruised my car between 110 -120km/hr. The road were good except some patches & small holes due to rain.

We reached Alipiri around 8:15am. In Alipiri we didn’t get Rs.50 ticket, all the tickets were sold at 6:30am itself. So we decided to buy Rs.300 in Tirumala. At 8:35am we are heading towards tirumala from Alipiri. Now I worried about my car. Previously I never used A/C while climbing Tirumala. This time I have no other option because of power window. But I decided to handle this situation. After scanning all the bags & car at Alipiri. I played Balaji songs in my Music player. This is the first time we are going to buy Rs.300 ticket so we don’t know how long they will issue the ticket, so we need to reach tirumala as soon as possible. While climbing the hill with A/C I shifted the gears in 2500-3000rpm. But to my surprise my car is performing well I’m overtaking other cars & buses without any difficulty. I reached tirumala at 9:15am.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
First we went to check the booked room. There we came to know we can get room after 12:30pm only. So we decided to have breakfast, my mom prepared breakfast in early morning at home itself. We parked our car near police station for safety concern and had breakfast there itself.

Now i called to my sister & shared the incidents happened this day, she said she needs to come to vellore from B’lore to visit her college. She asking us to come and pickup her from b’lore. So we decided to go to B’lore from Tirumala on 9th.

After breakfast we brought Rs.300 ticket at 10:30 & finished a pleasant dharshan of Balaji in 2hrs. due to less crowd we had a fantastic Dharshan. I feel this time the crowd was less when compare to previous visits.

We got 10 Laddu from laddu counter(for each 2laddus). Then we spent some time in front of temple here our plan changed. My grandma said “after visiting the temple we should go to our home only” so my dad decided to return to vellore on that day night itself. So we decided to finish our trip after visiting Alamalumangapuram. Then I took our camera from my car & took some photos.

Attachments

Nice snaps.

I am going to visit Tirupati in December. We have planned to stay one night at Vellore. Please suggest some good accommodation in vellore

Thread Starter #8
At 3:00pm we started our trip to Alamalumangapuram from trirumala & had lunch near Hanuman Statue & took some photos.

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
At Alamalumangapuram we brought Rs.40 ticket for dharsan & finished dharsan in 30min & had tea opposite to temple. Then started to Vellore at 6:00pm. Due to night time I maintained my car between 90-100km/hr & reached vellore at 8:30pm without any stop.

Again filled the diesel in tank at BP bunk next to chittor bus-stand at Katpadi. I calculated the mileage it was 15.5km/litre with full time A/C even in hills also. Later we went to Panjabi dhaba & tasted different variety of Nan. Reached home at 9:45pm & had a deep sleep till 3:00am of 9th.

It's me

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
9th Nov 2011:

Again waked up at 3:00am & started our trip to b’lore at 5:30am. Again done pooja for B’lore trip at the same temple where I done yesterday.

Route: Katpadi - Chitoor by pass - Mulbagal– Palamaneri – Kolar- B’lore.
Km. covered – 510km
As I regularly use this road to visit my sister at Tumkur road, I know the condition of this road. I maintained around 100-110km/hr. on this road upto Mulbagal. After mulbagal that is a neat new four-lane road. Here I maintained 130km/hr. there was no Toll-booth in this route. They constructed but not yet opened. I reached Tumkur road at 9:00am. Due to less traffic I reached my sister home around 9:30am itself and had a breakfast there itself.

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Around 4:30pm we went to Shri Vijaya Vittala Temple at tumkur road. My brother-in-law brought the parking fee, entrance & camera fee so I don’t know about the fees collected. The construction was really nice, so many workers hard work are present behind those statue. but not maintained properly. Around 6:00pm we started to go Mandir Mahal. Previously I visited 4-5times in my car at that time my cousin was there to guide the route, now he gone Pune. Except my brother-in-law nobody know the route in b’lore, I just followed his instructions to MandirMahal. But we missed two right turns, that was night time so he got confused, later we clarified with one autowala. As I already said my power window is not working I enquired the route my opening the door. That was funny experience.

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
After some struggle we reached MandirMahal at 8:00pm and had dinner there itself. After shopping we started from Mandir mahal at 10:30pm, all the shops are closing one by one. This time I found direction boards, so without any confusion we reached home at 11:30 and went to bed.

Thread Starter #13
Next day 10th sep 2011:

Waked up at 3:30am & had a fresh bath in cold water. Again started our trip at 5:45am with my 6members including my sister. She was in co-driver seat, other 4members are at rear seat. Due to foggy climate I enjoyed to drive my car. I want to reach Vellore at 9:30am & I need to start from Vellore to Chennai around 10:00am then only I can reach my office at Chennai around 1:00pm so I maintained 110-120km/hr, throughout the way. Next to Mulbagal we had coffee, that was in good taste.

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
Throughout the full trip, my Blacky never gave any trouble to me. Thanks to MY CAR

We reached vellore at 9:15am. Mom prepared dosa, after had dosa I started my trip to Chennai in my bike at 10:15am & reached office at 1:00pm

Attachments

Top Bottom