Vijay Super Mark 2 Restoration & Innovation

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Vijay Super Mark 2 Restoration and Innovation

please also do source an electronic flasher, as the low power draw of Led will confuse oem flasher, causing fast flash.

else, now 2 color Led strip became available- amber and white. white led works as DRL and amber for turns. both birds in 1 stone.

That's awesome Nagarajgaaru. Now you are motivating me to buy a front damper set. How many pins has the Regulator unit got? 3 or 4? 3 - AC regulator, 4 - AC/DC. Can you please post a closeup of the wires from the magneto stator plate? Will tell you how to make full DC setup. Didn't you buy a new wiring harness. Of course you can do with the old one too.

Thread Starter #23
Painting - Frame

Paiting.JPG

Yet to Paint - Side Panels & Miscellaneous

SidePanels.JPG

Going further - will share more images.

Strucked up at fuel tank and Exhaust paintings.
thinking for epoxy inside fuel tank and heat resistant for exhaust - Any alternative suggestions/comments/feedback please

@Swargam.N1 I am truely enjoying your Vijay Super restoration, I also had one as a teen in 1979 till 1982, bought for Rs.4,500/- or so, same color.

After a few months of use, it developed a very poor spark, and would stall on the way randomly, many KTL Kanpur and even the SIL engineer tried their level best, excepting changing the spark plugs, and the ignition coil, they had no clue.

That's when my neighbor suggested I show my scooter to Parker who was his FNG, Parker kept the scooter for 2 days, and all he did was connected the brake wire line to the ignition, and problem solved.

I still have a Bajaj Super lovingly restored, do have a look.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/nostalgic-era/24056-restored-my-bajaj-super-82-a.html

Thread Starter #26
That's when my neighbor suggested I show my scooter to Parker who was his FNG, Parker kept the scooter for 2 days, and all he did was connected the brake wire line to the ignition, and problem solved.
Bit surprising hope it was due to earthing issue or any peculiar problem, if you share bit more in detail will be a good learning for me. Thanks [clap]

Engine Cleaning - any ideas about vapour blasting in around places of AP, Karnataka, Tamilnadu.?

hi illango,
no being a vijai super mark II owner myself too, i would like to ask you, where to source spares for vijai super in Pune city. Also if online pls share the details.[:)]

thank you

regards

mandar

Bit surprising hope it was due to earthing issue or any peculiar problem, if you share bit more in detail will be a good learning for me. Thanks [clap]

Engine Cleaning - any ideas about vapour blasting in around places of AP, Karnataka, Tamilnadu.?
Sorry I missed your post, it was not earthing issue, but a low spark.

I'm not up-to-date on the current engine cleaning processes.

What is the current update on your Vijay Super?

Thread Starter #29

Hello Nanofreak,
Still it's a painting person expected in June 2nd week. post you all updated.

Thread Starter #30

Painting Code - Require Suggestions

I intend to restore with green color as to recollect my childhood scooter.
Presently myself, painter n mechanic and his young son all were strucked up at selecting the original green color (named as Sage Green as per web info) which is no more relevant or available with the name as totally color shades are changed may be with IS Standards are so.
Enclosed Ref. Image of Dilip, Mangalore same color I would like to adopt - any ideas.?

Attachments

Top Bottom