Vijay Super Mark 2 Restoration & Innovation

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Recently bought Vijay Super Mark 2,
started beautifying the oldie, request your any ideas and suggestions further what needs to be done on whether to opt for or retain the originality in CDI, Battery fixing, Electricals, Self Starter, Indicators, Painting etc..,

Few Images but again giving scooter for painting work to retain (milky white color) for tool box, air filter box & petrol tank.

got new spare of this rare switch... All in One Switch [Indicators, Dipper, Horn]..

Attachments

Re: Vijay Super Mark 2 Restoration and Innovation

you have ignited my child hood memories. My dad had an Allwyn Pushpak (just the same as Vijay Super) we then restored it in 1998 and finally sold it in 2001. It was purchased some where in 1980. It was one brute of a scooter with great power and amazing pickup. It was heavy too compared to the bajaj of those times.

Thread Starter #3
Any Suggestions about "Inline - Clear Fuel Filter" for my Vijay Super MK2.
Thinking to put as to "visual observations" for the common rusting problem for these scooters.

Inline-Clear-Fuel filter.JPG

Along with above Fuel Filter -- will be using
"Fast flow fuel tap with electronic reserve warning light"
Any Suggestions or share your experience, if used it earlier.. bit confused about where to mount the warning light.. :)

Fast flow fuel tap with electronic reserve warning light.JPG

Hello Everyone,
Recently bought Vijay Super Mark 2,
started beautifying the oldie, request your any ideas and suggestions further what needs to be done on whether to opt for or retain the originality in CDI, Battery fixing, Electricals, Self Starter, Indicators, Painting etc..,
Congratulations Swargam. You are at the right place. This is the scooter (ofcourse my dad's) in which I got my driving license test done.
Few Images but again giving scooter for painting work to retain (milky white color) for tool box, air filter box & petrol tank.

got new spare of this rare switch... All in One Switch [Indicators, Dipper, Horn]..
This switch came on very few specimens. Actually this is the switch of Lambretta Series 3. SIL used them on export models where blinkers were mandatory on 2 wheelers. Do you have the original picture of the scooter? Did it have a blinker when purchased?
The nuts for the engine mount & shock absorber are swapped. Engine mount bolts need the nyloc nuts. As you can see from the picture, the nut for shock absorber is not fully in. The nyloc action is not happening there. Swap them. Do you have the 3 step ignition switch? The rear seat also seems modified. It should have come with a rectangular seat like in a Chetak or else the rear seat should have the handle to grip the scooter while engaging the stand.

Any Suggestions about "Inline - Clear Fuel Filter" for my Vijay Super MK2.
Thinking to put as to "visual observations" for the common rusting problem for these scooters..
Not much space there for such a filter. Get the fuel tank epoxy coated. That keeps the fuel free from rust from petrol tank. I got that done for my Vijai.

Along with above Fuel Filter -- will be using
"Fast flow fuel tap with electronic reserve warning light"
Any Suggestions or share your experience, if used it earlier.. bit confused about where to mount the warning light.. :)
Fast flow is needed only for a 200 or 225cc tuned bore with a carburetor above 34mm. For a 150cc the stock tap is more than sufficient. The warning lamp can be mounted in the handle bar top cover near the speedo. Still I wouldn't want to drill a hole there.
All the best on your restoration.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Ilangop,
Thanks for inputs especially about the shock absorber and engine mount. I brought the new shock but without bolts.. your inputs are helping me a lot.
I will drop about fuel filter but the fast flow tap was already sourced as like you. I am also keen not to disturb the beauty (no drills, retain originality)..
Blinker were not fixed but I observed the cabling was done, images below are new switch (but casing is PVC still looking for original metallic) and CUTE LED Indicators, I sourced already. but in dilemma how to fix these blinkers onto body without much pain..!! share your views.!!

IMG-20150731-WA0007.jpg

76734251-450x450.jpg

sourced seats (RAW). Yet looking on for top cover of good leather quality.

Seats.JPG

Thread Starter #6
Dampers - Planning to add additional slim pair dampers with upper and lower clamps for effective suspension.

Any suggestions welcome. [:)]

Dampers.jpg

Powder Coating / Painting - which is better for Wheel HUBs and RIMs and chain case cover.

RIMs.jpg

Includes rims and wheel hubs also

Blinker were not fixed but I observed the cabling was done, images below are new switch (but casing is PVC still looking for original metallic) and CUTE LED Indicators, I sourced already. but in dilemma how to fix these blinkers onto body without much pain..!! share your views.!!

sourced seats (RAW). Yet looking on for top cover of good leather quality.
Yes, Mark 2 has the wiring harness for blinkers. But they are AC blinkers. How many wires does the switch have?
What is the length of the blinker assembly? For the back side, you can fix a wider number plate and mount them on to the number plate. The stock number plate is a square measuring 17 cm on each side. So a 21cm x 17cm plate would do your job.
Personally I wouldn't prefer leather for the reason that the can easily give place for fungus after a rain even if protected from direct water contact. However its your scooter, so your choice.

Dampers - Planning to add additional slim pair dampers with upper and lower clamps for effective suspension.
Any suggestions welcome. [:)]
This idea has been revolving in my mind for quite sometime. You can source a damper from Delhi. Or use Bajaj M80 rear shockers / Kinetic Honda front shockers with the spring removed.

As much as possible I would try to look for options available inside India before importing. Many a times the Indian made stuff is exported and we end up purchasing the same through ebay or other online sources.
Powder Coating / Painting - which is better for Wheel HUBs and RIMs and chain case cover.
Hub & rim - powder coating.
Chain cover - Aluminium buffing.
Buy a complete rubber kit for your scooter. The hand grips are not of Vijai.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Yes, Mark 2 has the wiring harness for blinkers. But they are AC blinkers. How many wires does the switch have?
What is the length of the blinker assembly? For the back side, you can fix a wider number plate and mount them on to the number plate. The stock number plate is a square measuring 17 cm on each side. So a 21cm x 17cm plate would do your job.
Personally I wouldn't prefer leather for the reason that the can easily give place for fungus after a rain even if protected from direct water contact. However its your scooter, so your choice.

This idea has been revolving in my mind for quite sometime. You can source a damper from Delhi. Or use Bajaj M80 rear shockers / Kinetic Honda front shockers with the spring removed.

As much as possible I would try to look for options available inside India before importing. Many a times the Indian made stuff is exported and we end up purchasing the same through ebay or other online sources.

Hub & rim - powder coating.
Chain cover - Aluminium buffing.
Buy a complete rubber kit for your scooter. The hand grips are not of Vijai.
Ilangop, Thanks for reply.
sample dampers decided to order but now glimpsing. blinker wiring is unknown as already stripped off, blinker was on side panels little bit palm size.
Hubs, Rims and Chain Cover - I accept your suggestion.
Fuel tank, tool box, mag cover would like to retain the original (super / shell white) color in place of existing green, what you suggest.
Already sourced couple of spares includes rubber kit also. liked the idea of - leather cover. thanks.

Attachments

sample dampers decided to order but now glimpsing. blinker wiring is unknown as already stripped off, blinker was on side panels little bit palm size.
Yes, these are the dampers. But look for a damper from a commonly seen vehicle so that replaceability and availability are not a pain.
The rear blinker in the white scooter should be rotated by 90 degree. It is wrongly fitted in the picture. Don't panic with the wiring. You can always install a Honda activa rectifier and house a 2.5Ah battery. Use a DC flasher and job done. But don't discard the white wires for blinkers from your scooter. Buy a new junction box for the rear side.
Fuel tank, tool box, mag cover would like to retain the original (super / shell white) color in place of existing green, what you suggest.
Yes. I agree with you on this. If possible get the fuel tank epoxy coated from inside.
Already sourced couple of spares includes rubber kit also.
Cool, So you got everything to bring a showroom piece. Do share more pics of the stripped scooter.

:agree:

How about silencer and u tube paintings, I have new one but thinking to make it heat resistant.
You can paint them. The normal paint simply chips off after some time due to the heat from the engine.
Don't install the after market silencer unless it is a U/A brand. The sound will be like an auto-rickshaw. The sweet sound of Vijai will be lost with aftermarket silencer.

Thread Starter #12
You can paint them. The normal paint simply chips off after some time due to the heat from the engine.
Don't install the after market silencer unless it is a U/A brand. The sound will be like an auto-rickshaw. The sweet sound of Vijai will be lost with aftermarket silencer.
Thank God [clap]don't know about U/A brand but I can see the marking on the recently brought exhaust with U bend, will get it painted with same color but heat resistant.

Front Mudguard Crest - old vs. new got this done into Aluminum needs a buffing along with chain case cover. [roll]

Attachments

Front Mudguard Crest - old vs. new got this done into Aluminum needs a buffing along with chain case cover. [roll]
Thank God [clap]don't know about U/A brand but I can see the marking on the recently brought exhaust with U bend, will get it painted with same color but heat resistant.
Lucky chap!!! How much did the exhaust and the Aluminium mudguard garnish cost.
I would like to have one for my Dad's mark 2. Possible to get 1 more piece made?

Thread Starter #14

Lucky chap!!! How much did the exhaust and the Aluminium mudguard garnish cost.
I would like to have one for my Dad's mark 2. Possible to get 1 more piece made?
Good Morning,

I brought the exhaust with U Bend and fixtures at approx. 1300/- don't know whether it's on higher or lower but source is genuine.

About mudguard crest - it's aluminum piece, actually it's contributed by my cousin brother Murali, [clap]who is an expert working on lathes and CNC, got two numbers at free of cost. I can handover you one. PM me.

In fact, I will be seeking his skilled workman ship to customize on a new magneto flange to accommodate starter just as a "testing project" [:)] considering your suggestions of water seepage :agree:also.
Thanks for your patience in replying.

Good Morning,

I brought the exhaust with U Bend and fixtures at approx. 1300/- don't know whether it's on higher or lower but source is genuine.

About mudguard crest - it's aluminum piece, actually it's contributed by my cousin brother Murali, [clap]who is an expert working on lathes and CNC, got two numbers at free of cost. I can handover you one. PM me.

In fact, I will be seeking his skilled workman ship to customize on a new magneto flange to accommodate starter just as a "testing project" [:)] considering your suggestions of water seepage :agree:also.
Thanks for your patience in replying.
Hi Swargam,
Thanks for this kind gesture. Shall send you a PM regarding the mudguard crest.
Cool, keep us posted regarding the magneto flange. Share more pictures tto.
-Ilango

Top Bottom