Video Kit for our Indigo.

Thread Starter #1
Hey everyone, we want to fit an LCD screen (ceiling mounted) and DVD HU in our beloved Indigo.
A branded HU is must while the screen can be either branded or not branded. Please suggest suitable models at the lowest price., and what to look out for.

Last edited:
Better buy a Portable DVD player of Mitashi or Philips. Costs around 5500-7000Rs and can be played with your Car's 12V socket or can be plugged at home. Screen size is 8" I guess.

I have seen many roof mount DVDs in SUVs, ie mounted high. I wonder if fitting it in Indigo will be a very good idea as the roof is low. (Might hinder rear visibility)

Indigo XL had LCDs in the back of headrests. Check out TATA service if you can find two to replace the present one and go for a DVD HU.

Yep it can be fixed very well in indigo , check out my marina pictures .

Go for jvc . pioneer dvd hu and if you can strech your budget go for circuit-i or black screen. else normal korean tft screen . I used that!!

350Z

Core Team
Hi Arkin, Like you told elsewhere that Indigo is an office owned car, so why not install the video player in the new upcoming car instead?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Well, my dad prefers one in the indigo for entertainment. The cost will be borne by the guy who gave his indigo to the govt. on lease.
@Ilango- What is the price of a bare basic Pioneer HU and that of a TFT circuit i/black Sreen. Please tell me the cost of the cheapest Korean screen.
@SB- If that was the case, my dad could use his laptop instead.

AMG

Suspended
If the cost will be borne by someone else, get something high profile like Rockford Fosgate or Bang & Olufsen :stupid:

Last edited:
HU go for Pioneer which is the cheap , better and VFM.

I have Black(brand) LCD screen in my Safari and its great. Picture quality is good. It costed me around 7k ( don rem exactly). Check out my Safari thread for pictures and exact prices.

Note: Fitting your LCD to the roof means you cannot use the internal rear view mirror at all , whatever car be it!

Thread Starter #9
HU go for Pioneer which is the cheap , better and VFM.

I have Black(brand) LCD screen in my Safari and its great. Picture quality is good. It costed me around 7k ( don rem exactly). Check out my Safari thread for pictures and exact prices.

Note: Fitting your LCD to the roof means you cannot use the internal rear view mirror at all , whatever car be it!
Thank you. Please give me a link.

What , you fixed at that place, .

rear view mirror and lights can be still on its place with the lcd.

Cost of pioneer dvd hu must be 9300 like that
and korean scren must cost 3900~4200. it comes as geesonic , world tech etc as brand name!

Thread Starter #14
Maybe I can plan on Pio 3190 USB + Worldtech Roof mounted screen for Rs 13000 - 14000 in the next couple of months. Meanwhile, the speaker quality is real bad, horrible. when compared to my i10's. I think I can replace the front speakers by front comps.
How much will the cheapest pair of comps cost me?
The rear speakers aren't very good either. How much will the cheapest pair of rear co-axials (6*9) cost me?

Top Bottom