Verna CRDI Or the VW Vento Diesel Highline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello,

Im stuck in a dilemma and would really appreciate some help on buying a good looking diesel sedan. Currently i have two choices- The Gorgeous Verna Fluidic and the practical no nonsense Vento. My family currently owns a Fluidic verna petrol so my dilemma is whether i should go in for the same one in diesel because i love the way it looks and its gadgets. On the other hand, the Vento has a more premium build and feel to it, without any gimmicks. They are both great cars no doubt. The Vento provides a better driving experience from all the reviews iv read in comparison to the Verna. The lack of bluetooth and iphone connectivity in the refreshed vento in a big let down. I haven't really driven the Verna Diesel for me to say much but from what i'v heard the handling is very mediocre like the petrol and it doesnt feel like a car with 120+bhp. I would really appreciate some help to make this decision
The Verna SX with everything is working upto 11.5L
The VW Vento HL with free insurance works upto 12.05L

If you are going to use the new sedan marjorly in City and sometimes on highway with speed mainyl within 120 then you can close your eyes and buy Verna. But if you drive mainly on Highways that also at speed 120+ many times then Vento will be good for you. For me both are good cars. :-)

My vote goes for VW Vento HL due to its ride and handling quality which is far superior than Verna, which lacks high speed stability and gaves bumpy ride on rear bench.

Verna scores on its gadgets and overly done looks which is a bad copy of city. Also nowadays Hyundai after sales service becomes quite bad.

I suggest you to test ride both the cars back to back and decide yourself.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for you Opinion ToughGuy. Will i be able to install some aftermarket equipment to enable me to use the bluetooth and music streaming from me iphone? If so, could you please let me know what i should buy

Thanks for you Opinion ToughGuy. Will i be able to install some aftermarket equipment to enable me to use the bluetooth and music streaming from me iphone? If so, could you please let me know what i should buy
Check with your nearest VW dealer i heard that VW Vento HL now comes with RCD Music System with USB & Auxiliary input, Steering mounted controls though not sure about the same.

You can connect your iphone via Aux-in port.

Check with your nearest VW dealer i heard that VW Vento HL now comes with RCD Music System with USB & Auxiliary input, Steering mounted controls though not sure about the same.

You can connect your iphone via Aux-in port.

Just checked the Vento ebrochure which seems quite confusing:

Vento2.JPG

In this page they are saying that it comes with HL but with selective fuel variant

Vento.JPG

In this page they are saying that it comes with HL but silent about selective fuel variant

I suggest you to contact your dealer for clarification.

@Mods: Please merge my back to back post, sorry for inconvenience, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again ToughGuy, will call the dealer and ask him. Appreciate the info you provided
You are most welcome buddy and yes do remember to post the details here for all of us, lets see what other members have to say on these two cars.

Good luck for your search!

I have good driving experience with both cars(dont own them though),but to be honest i felt the build strong build of the Vento is a plus in my view,an honest opinion about the Verna is i felt like the they took the same amount of metal used to construct for example a Fabia.

Like what forum member Dharmesh said(about staying below 120) if your not a heavy foot then Verna will do for sure,but Vento gives you that assurance at speed.

On the note- i could have bought the Verna but finally decided to go for the i20 today,as i felt its too light for a big car & i use my aunts Vento sometimes but its been 40 days plus(& counting) since its been sitting at the showroom cos it fails to engage into reverse & they say there parts have not arrived & oopps we got the wrong gear box etc ,guess its off to the lawyers! http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/6795-technical-problems-volkswagen-vento.html

So the Verna will be reliable with good service & VW is not that well established yet & some things can creep up with dealers not being up to the mark.

Last edited:
We own a Vento diesel HL and it has clocked almost 30k kms. Its engine is powerful(less than Verna but you can safely use all the power) and extremely flexible(less gearshifts), great ride, decent handling, good high speed stability(at 180kph), very comfortable rear seat(the only car i don't mind sitting at the rear seat) and a great highway cruiser.

I took delivery of 1.6 verna sx crdi yesterday. Driven more than 200 kms, Excellent in all departments(My initial observations).
I would suggest verna.

Since you already have a verna in your family why not try the Vento it is really a very good car all around . If you like you can look into the new ford fiesta too as you will get good amount of discount on it .

Thread Starter #14
Thank you all for your responses. I took a TD of the vento today. The build and material qualitynis top notch. Dint really like the gear box, wasnt as smooth as the city or verna. Also, the enginenis the noisiest of the lot, that put me off. Otherwise its a pretty good car. As of now im a little more inclined towards the fluidic verna diesel. I have till wednesday to make up my mind on which one il be taking home. Other options i have are the skoda rapid, linea tjet and the ford fiesta. The only issue with the vernanis its handling capability and it feels a bit claustrophobic in the back seat. Has anyone taken the verna on a long distance drive on a highway and touched above 120+. Could you please comment on how it handeled and the confidence with which it did. Thanks:)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thank you all for your responses. I took a TD of the vento today. The build and material qualitynis top notch. Dint really like the gear box, wasnt as smooth as the city or verna. Also, the enginenis the noisiest of the lot, that put me off. Otherwise its a pretty good car. As of now im a little more inclined towards the fluidic verna diesel. I have till wednesday to make up my mind on which one il be taking home. Other options i have are the skoda rapid, linea tjet and the ford fiesta. The only issue with the vernanis its handling capability and it feels a bit claustrophobic in the back seat. Has anyone taken the verna on a long distance drive on a highway and touched above 120+. Could you please comment on how it handeled and the confidence with which it did. Thanks:)
ask these guys here [:)] they have touched 180. nickandre and bobazooka.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-verna-fluidic-black-sx-vtvt-experience.html

i myself has taken my verna petrol to 120+ didn't feel anything. it was good.
i myself didn't like the gearbox of the vento. it was very tight. although i don't find any trouble in skodas.

i didn't like both polo's and vento gearbox.
i'll say you should go for the verna [:)] but since it has high waiting periods it may change your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom