Vellore-Thriunallar.. Last outing with my Blacky..

Thread Starter #16
Continuation:

Day 2:Wednesday
Waked up at 4:30am and went to holy pond to have oil bath. Temple management maintaining the holy pond very neatly and cleanly. After finishing our bath we first visited Vinayagar temple which is located near pond itself, then went to Sanieshwar temple and done some formal poojas. After completing all poojas and formalities, we came out from the temple around 7:30am and checked out the lodge and headed towards Alangudi.

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

After crossing Thirunallar we found a newly constructed hotel & Lodge. There we had a heavy breakfast and again started our trip.
When going towards Alangudi we crossed koothanur. There I saw Goddess saraswathi temple sign board and visited Saraswathi temple.

DSC01065.jpg
DSC01069.jpg

Next we stopped at Thiruvarur. Thiruarur is very famous for “Ratham” .
We parked our car near pond and visited Thiruvarur temple. That temple is very big temple minimum we need half a day to visit the full temple. Behind the temple there was a chariot which is constructed by stone. Really worth to see that place..

Here the Pics

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
Some more Pics which i've clicked:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
When we returned to our car we found a Indigo CS which is fully decorated with reflected stickers[frustration]. Wish to see that car in night time

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

It's me[evil]
DSC01123.jpg

After completing Thirunallar temple visit we headed towards Alangudi. We reached Alangudi temple at 1:10pm. But the temple was closed. Then only we came to know that, all the temples in kumbakonam circle will be closing around 1:00pm and they are opening again at 4:00pm. Because of that, we are unable to visit the god, so decided to visit next time. Then we had lunch in Alangudi itself and again started our trip to kumbakonam.

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

Thread Starter #19
We reached kumbakonam around 3:00pm and spend some time near pond and had a refreshing lemon tea near pond junction. Then headed towards Thirukargavoor which is located around 15km from kumbakonam in this route we can find Swamy malai also. But due to lack of time we are unable to visit Swamymalai. we spent some time in Thirukargavoor temple, around 6:30pm we started our trip to Vellore.

Attachments

Thread Starter #20
I need to go to office on Thursday(next day) in Chennai & I want to be there at 6:30am. Because I was in first shift on that day. If there will be any delay to reach Chennai that should be a problem so I made a call to my colleague to swap our shift, but he went to his home town, so plan dropped. The only option is I need to go to office around 6:30 – 7:00 am.
I started my car from thirukargavoor at 6:30pm and headed towards Vellore.

Route planned : Thitukargavoor > Kumbakonam > Neyveli > Panruti > Tiruvanamalai > Vellore.

From Kumbakonam to Vadalur the road condition was good. From Vadalur to Panruti the road was really very bad. We had dinner at ITC group hotel in Neyveli. There service was really good. After finished our dinner we continued our trip to vellore.

Myself only driving my car. Due to night time I maintained around 90km/hr. not more than that. Around 12:00am we had a tea in Thiruvanamalai bye-pass and purchased some chocolates and biscuits to avoid drowsiness. Everyone In my family was slept in car. When I’m crossing Polur bye-pass my car front left tyre got puncture. So I parked left side of the road & changed the spare tyre. From Polur to Vellore I maintained only 60km/hr. Because the was no stepney in my car. so I drove very carefully to avoid further puncture.

When I reached home at Vellore I checked the time,it was exactly 2:00am. So I need to start to Chennai. I parked the car in my home and shifted the luggage to home and said "Thanks" to my car for trouble free trip.

Then I had a fresh bath and got ready to Chennai. My brother-in-law dropped me in Vellore bus-stand around 3:45am and reached Poonthamallai at 5:50am, Then got my bike from Poonthamalli bike parking and reached office exactly at 6:30am.

After reached office I can’t believe myself, that I reached office at correct time & Continued my work with the memories of my trip and my car [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom