Vehicle Insurance: General Questions & Discussions

Re: Vehicle Insurance - General Questions / Discussion

Friend of mine purchased a used car 6 months ago, but didn't transfer the insurance to his name (RC transfered immediately after purchase) Insurance is valid for next 3 months. Is it possible to transfer it now? It is from New India Assurance. Please do share the procedure and fee / penality.

I tried calling the NIA Tambaram branch, they never pick my call.
Absolute no Issues , your friend can go now also and get the insurance certificate printed in his name, he will have to submit the RC copy, with original RC card to be shown and taken back.
Previous original copy of insurance must be submitted to them, vehicle doesn't needs the inspection.
The name would be transferred in his name, he can get the insurance renewed again with the same insurer if he intends to continue.

There is no penalty.

He will have to fill the Renewal form with chassis , engine info etc.
Just take a proof of residence if they ask your friend, most of the time not asked.

Last edited:

^^^
Thanks dude. Let me ask him to follow this tomorrow. Are you sure vehicle need not be presented physically?

^^^
Thanks dude. Let me ask him to follow this tomorrow. Are you sure vehicle need not be presented physically?
As long as previous insurance is valid there is absolute no need.

Are you switching the insurer, or going with the same one?

Vaibhav you will have to take the car to the concerned office, a surveyor checks your car and takes photograph , you have to pay 100 rs to him for checking.
He marks the chassis and engine number with a pencil on a white paper for their reference.
All the existing damages if any are not covered if a claim arises in future.

Then go back to office, they will renew your insurance , by filling a form which they would give you and you have to fill all the details of ownership, chassis etc.
The owners sign must be done on that form.
Well contacted an agent . he says insurance will be Rs 1000 for 3rd party. 175 rs inspection charges and 200rs service charges.
I agreed as dont have to waste petrol and time going to office [:)]

Well contacted an agent . he says insurance will be Rs 1000 for 3rd party. 175 rs inspection charges and 200rs service charges.
I agreed as dont have to waste petrol and time going to office [:)]
The surveyor charges differ from one company to other, now for car if the policy expires they take 125/- earlier 100/- for 2 wheeler its 50/-.

This is what National Insurance charges.

Finally PSU's have woke up and introduced online Renewal facility , Buying New Insurance of Motor vehicle Insurance.

Good move by them.
NIC.jpg

Mukesh bhai can i renew my expired policy now
Of course you can, but you will lose NCB.

In case of expiry, its Revival of the policy and not Renewing.

And they will take photographs of exisiting condition of vehicle any pre-existing damages if any will not be covered.

For Revival of policy the surveyor inspects the vehicle, etches the VIN number, Engine No on a White paper with pencil.

You will have to pay amount ranging from 100-200 for inspection

Then present it with new application of revival filling all the miscellaneous details, and then a sign of the Regd owner.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i have some queries about premium amount. will ask them sometime when i have all the details. just wanted to subscribe to this thread.

Finally got my 3rd party insurance done today. Damages 1225 rs

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

so i have some questions.

i had 2-3 dents on my car. the adviser said only 1 part can be claimed at a time. like my left fender is damaged , the boot and the rear bumper was damaged from one accident.

so i was wondering if i could get a claim for both the fender as well as the rear. also i saw a crack developing on the windshield out of nowhere. no hit nothing.

the windshield was changed under insurance before also so i'm guessing bad quality of the changed windshield

so i have all this , what can i claim ?

so i have some questions.

i had 2-3 dents on my car. the adviser said only 1 part can be claimed at a time. like my left fender is damaged , the boot and the rear bumper was damaged from one accident.

so i was wondering if i could get a claim for both the fender as well as the rear. also i saw a crack developing on the windshield out of nowhere. no hit nothing.

the windshield was changed under insurance before also so i'm guessing bad quality of the changed windshield

so i have all this , what can i claim ?
If your dealership is clever enough, they can claim.

Just its important that the scenarios one has to mention must depict what has happened.

Was the insurance brought from dealership or outside?

Because with dealership, they will be having contacts with surveyor and they try to claim as much as they can.

But from an outside buy, contact your agent on this regard for first hand information.

The surveyor has to visit and inspect the car, and you will have to state how the accident happened.

You can say that a bike rear ended at signal and sped away, and another vehicle brushed your vehicle and sped away in a parking lot.

You have to be more realisitic.

There is nothing like only one at a time, because the surveyor who sees your car , can say in the next claim that the dent was there in the previous accident and hence cannot be claimed.

Just one must create a scenario covering all these criteria.

My Scorpio was hit by a small pebble, while doing 120 kmph from opposite lane.

But it was just a small dot, which is there till now, when i asked the dealership, they said they will break the glass[shock] and can claim, that too you get full in 1st year, but in the later stages of ownership, only 50%,35% is covered, based on Surveyor's mood.

But i didn't go for one, luckily crack has not expanded.

And one has to shell out from his pocket.

Just check whether glass is fully covered under claim, i guess its not covered.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

yeah the adviser said they will try to get the claim. will go in a day or 2 when the car is available.

no we took the insurance from outside. its more than 3 years now.

see this is the pic of the car.

and it looks like some pole or something only [:D] after some days a rickshaw wala also hit the car and all the rear bumper locks came off [anger]

you should have changed the windshield. my i10's crack is getting bigger and bigger.

i will tell you the full incident what happened some months back in which i got the windshield replaced free but paid for rubber and pasting.

a cyclist came out of nowhere. the car hit him , he fell on the bonut , then on the windshield then on the roof and then on the road. a full movie scene .

we told this to the adviser and he said you have to make an affedevit stating that insurance will not be liable if 3rd party claims anything afterwards.

we did and we were charged just 2000 for the bonut and the windshield. bonut - 900 rupees and windshield some 1100 rupees.

Hi
which is best car insurance company? I want to buy insurance for my new dezire ?
Should i go for 0 depreciation or comprehensive ?

Top Bottom