Vehicle Insurance: General Questions / Discussion

Today, I have renewed my two wheeler (Maestro Edge) Insurance with ICICI Lombard. Paid for straight 2 years.

Total amount paid Rs.3663/- for 2 years for IDV Rs.25175/-

The premium amount includes Rs.206 towards NCB, Rs.280/- towards PA cover for 2 persons of Rs.100,000 each per year and Rs. 717/- towards PA cover for Owner Driver.
Also they have charged Rs.398/- towards RSA.

So, we are paying additional Rs.997/- towards this PA cover, which was not compulsory 2 years back, I think !

Today, I have renewed my two wheeler (Maestro Edge) Insurance with ICICI Lombard. Paid for straight 2 years.

Total amount paid Rs.3663/- for 2 years for IDV Rs.25175/-

The premium amount includes Rs.206 towards NCB, Rs.280/- towards PA cover for 2 persons of Rs.100,000 each per year and Rs. 717/- towards PA cover for Owner Driver.
Also they have charged Rs.398/- towards RSA.

So, we are paying additional Rs.997/- towards this PA cover, which was not compulsory 2 years back, I think !
PA Cover is not mandatory now, but you have to request to opt out in writing. If you have more than a vehicle in your name, then only one of them needs the owner-driver PA cover or if you have any personal insurance with accident coverage. FZ, Duke and Fiesta are registered in brother's name. I opt for it only on FZ since it has the lowest premium.

PA Cover is not mandatory now, but you have to request to opt out in writing. If you have more than a vehicle in your name, then only one of them needs the owner-driver PA cover or if you have any personal insurance with accident coverage. FZ, Duke and Fiesta are registered in brother's name. I opt for it only on FZ since it has the lowest premium.
hmm..just slipped that. I already have PA cover on my Tigor (Rs. 750+250) and I could have easily saved the money paid again for the two wheeler .[frustration]

It's time for renewal of my Car Insurance. Received renewal notice from ICICI Lombard asunder:

IDV Rs.494,312
Total premium Rs.13,263 which inlcludes

Own Damage
  • Basic Premium`7887
  • Return to invoice(On Road Charge-0)`1087
  • Road Side Assistance`199
  • Engine Protect Plus`741
  • Sub Total (A)`9914

• Anti-theft Discount`197
  • Automobile Membership Discount`200
  • Deduct 25% for NCB`1873
  • Total Discount (B)`2270
  • Total Own Damage Premium (C = A - B)`7644
  • Basic including premium for TPPD`3221
  • Compulsory PA Cover for Owner Driver`325
  • Legal Liability to Paid Driver`50
  • Total Liability Premium (D)`3596
Road side Aisstance features
  • Breakdown support over phone
  • Minor on spot Repairs
  • Flat Tyre support
  • Battery jump start
  • Arrangement of keys
  • Towing on breakdown/accident
  • Arrangement of rental vehicle
  • Arrangement / Supply of fuel
  • Arrangement of Accommodation
  • Message Relay
I think PA cover for owner can be avoided since I have PA cover taken on my Scooter.

Presume above premoum amount is reasonable?

@Nairrk Please clarify these points in your quote.
  • Anti-theft Discount`197
  • Automobile Membership Discount`200
AFAIK, Tiago/Tigor does not come with anti-theft device. Also make sure its zero-depreciation policy and not just comprehensive. Otherwise your quote seems fairly priced.

Top Bottom