Veedub Polo Trendline vs Comfortline (Booked Trendline)

We can say that maintain cost of Polo is not the cheapest but also not the highest compare to other hatchback's available in India, kindly check below stat for more details:

Thanks for the valuable info Toughguy.
I'll be taking a test drive on diesel TL next week.
What are the important things that has to be discussed with the dealer clearly during booking?

I have been hearing this since last 2 financial years. I bought mine car last year and made efforts to get the deal done before march ending becasue same news was spreading all over. I can't say anything for sure, but I think chances are less. But who knows what happens after ongoing elections.

I don't think there are any official offers going on for free accessories. May be some dealer have individual offers, try to bargain with your dealer. I even had to pay Rs 450 for the steel key ring, when SA told me the price, I replied him "Is this made of Silver":lol!:

Don't remember exactly but I paid 3K or 3.5K for painting door handles and ORVMs.
Im in the same dilemma as you were last year. Trying to close the deal by March end as I hear rumours of price hike from April. Have you installed remote locking device on your car? And lol hope I get the key ring for free atleast.

What about ICE, installed any?

Yeah currently no offers as such going on but corporate discount is the only thing that I can expect I guess. Will try to bargain on few other things too.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Veedub Polo Trendline vs Comfortline: Booked Trendline

What are the important things that has to be discussed with the dealer clearly during booking?
You are welcome buddy!

I suggest you to take quote from multiple VW dealers if possible to verify details provided by them.

For discounts, you can get good corporate discount which purely depends upon your organization's rating discounts are valid till close blood relation so search for good corporate rated relatives.

You can get some discount in insurance mentioned earlier, if you have NCB from previous car then transfer it right away.

If you want coating then try to act smart for under and over body coating you can extract some discount in that too, tell them VW cars already comes with under body coat and anti corrosion warranty i don't need it they will surely give you some discount.

Regards

You are welcome buddy!

I suggest you to take quote from multiple VW dealers if possible to verify details provided by them.

For discounts, you can get good corporate discount which purely depends upon your organization's rating discounts are valid till close blood relation so search for good corporate rated relatives.

You can get some discount in insurance mentioned earlier, if you have NCB from previous car then transfer it right away.

If you want coating then try to act smart for under and over body coating you can extract some discount in that too, tell them VW cars already comes with under body coat and anti corrosion warranty i don't need it they will surely give you some discount.

Regards
Thanks..Will do that!

Cant get multiple Quotes as Mlore is tier 2 city and we have only one VW dealer here. But thankfully he has a good reputation amongst the VW owners so hoping everything to be hassle free.

For diesel TD they have mentioned 10-15 days time for delivery from the booking date. So the million dollar question is should I wrap it up before the financial year ends to avoid any hike (if at all there is one) in April.

Thanks..Will do that!

Cant get multiple Quotes as Mlore is tier 2 city and we have only one VW dealer here. But thankfully he has a good reputation amongst the VW owners so hoping everything to be hassle free.

For diesel TD they have mentioned 10-15 days time for delivery from the booking date. So the million dollar question is should I wrap it up before the financial year ends to avoid any hike (if at all there is one) in April.
I think you have already made your mind, so no point in waiting in the upcoming budget (likely to be present on 16th March'12) like every year this year too rumors are at large about the possible tax hikes on diesel cars. So it would be a better idea to take delivery before budget, if by chance taxes hiked then you will not able to forgive yourself [glasses]

Have you installed remote locking device on your car?
No. I didn't install any aftermarket remote locking and would not, would like to have original VW if they make it available.

And lol hope I get the key ring for free atleast.
Man, I have heard few people complaining that they didn't even get key-ring even they paid for it and you are hoping for free.:lol!:

What about ICE, installed any?
Yeah, installed ICE from aftermarket. Kenwood 546BTU with four components.

Yeah currently no offers as such going on but corporate discount is the only thing that I can expect I guess. Will try to bargain on few other things too.
Make sure you get written assurance for corporate discount. Later you will find this written document useful to fight with them for that discount. [gun]

And for insurance, I already said that get a full B2B 0% depreciation policy, and its better to get one from their tied-up partner. Mine is Bajaj Alianz and processed two claims for minor damages. Experience was hassle free so far.

Last edited:
I think you have already made your mind, so no point in waiting in the upcoming budget (likely to be present on 16th March'12) like every year this year too rumors are at large about the possible tax hikes on diesel cars. So it would be a better idea to take delivery before budget, if by chance taxes hiked then you will not able to forgive yourself [glasses]
Yeah so will try to close the deal by March end hopefully! Lets see.

No. I didn't install any aftermarket remote locking and would not, would like to have original VW if they make it available.

Man, I have heard few people complaining that they didn't even get key-ring even they paid for it and you are hoping for free.:lol!:

Yeah, installed ICE from aftermarket. Kenwood 546BTU with four

Make sure you get written assurance for corporate discount. Later you will find this written document useful to fight with them for that discount. [gun]

And for insurance, I already said that get a full B2B 0% depreciation policy, and its better to get one from their tied-up partner. Mine is Bajaj Alianz and processed two claims for minor damages. Experience was hassle free so far.
Yeah corp discount thing will take it in writing and will make sure about the insurance thing too.

Hope I get the key chain then lol..

How much did you spend on ICE? And what precaution did you take to make sure warranty is intact

Last edited:
I have a small hiccup now..The bank guys are asking for a copy of form 16 [confused] but Ill be getting it only in April once the financial year ends. I dont have last year's cos I had taken a break for my MBA.

However VW guys here are very helpful and have assured that salary slip should be sufficient for loan formalities. Fingers crossed!

+1 i also heard that, when i went to purchase it from VW showroom it was out of stock.

So finally did you get one for yourself?
Nopes have to visit dealer in 3-4 weeks to collect my RC will surely purchase it then.

From which back you applied for loan? at what ROI? i got 12% floating from SBI

Last edited:

Nopes have to visit dealer in 3-4 weeks to collect my RC will surely purchase it then.

From which back you applied for loan? at what ROI? i got 12% floating from SBI
Same as yours..SBI 12% floating.

Hoping they clear it.Planning to book the Polo in the coming week. 15-20 days waiting period.

He is bluffing my VW dealer offered me ICICI insurance with 7K discount for CL diesel Polo, try to get quote from other VW dealer in Delhi and then compare the offer.

My dealer is insisting on wax polish saying its not optional .I have got quote from other dealers also and they also mention wax polish.Also can i claim ncb refund after buying the policy as my ncb certificate is taking time .also what kind of insurance you are getting from icici and at what cost

My dealer is insisting on wax polish saying its not optional. I have got quote from other dealers also and they also mention wax polish.
If you are talking about 6K number plate and wax charges then they are mandatory at every dealership. I was talking about 8K upper body, lower body and silencer coating they are different.

Also can i claim ncb refund after buying the policy as my ncb certificate is taking time .also what kind of insurance you are getting from icici and at what cost
I got 0 depreciation insurance from ICICI Lombard after NCB and other discounts got it for Rs. 20885 for first year.

@tapmal5

1.There is nothing compulsory like wax polish. VW cars comes with 3 year paint and 6 years anti corrision warranty. So if they are insisting for it then make a complaint to VW on their facebook fanpage. Dealer already charge a handsome amount over and above the transport taxes and charging anything in the name of polish / compulsory accessory/ handling charges is fraud, which is now growing at VW dealrships. Even a delhi court directed police to file any FIR against VW and its dealer for charging these things. See the new article here :Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : Case against car dealers for levying

2. Not necessary to get insurance from dealer. Only first check with which insurance company he has cashless tieup. Then get independent quote from all these companies(Preferebly Bajaj , Tata AIG, ICICI ). Field their quote against each other to bargain. And then choose one with highest IDV with 0% Dep. Plan. Bajaj has a all india tie up with VW . Even the extended warranty provided by VW is a Bajaj Allianz product. Another benefit is if you are buying a diesel Polo than BAJAJ is best becasue its ad on cover Engine shield is very good for diesel polo. Becasue diesel polo's are prone to hit oil chamber which results in even complete loss of engine. After a lot of complaints of the same now VW is providing diesel cars with a skid plate. Even then its prone to damage. Keep in mind Highest IDV and 0% Dep. with lowest quote.

Top Bottom