Used Spacious Car For Rs.2 Lakh To Replace My Manza

Thread Starter #1
  • Your Budget: Maximum 2 lacs
  • New or Used: Used
  • Your Location: Chandigarh
  • Top 5 Priorities: Basic safety like ABS and 2 airbags, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space
  • Monthly Running: 3000-4000 kms.
  • Fuel Type: Diesel or Petrol
  • Purpose Type: City and Highway use
  • Seating Capacity: The more, the better
  • Segment Type: Anything except a hatchback.
Please help me out dear sir and madams,
As my 2 month old second hamd manza has started giving one after another trouble, i am in search of a new (used) car but due
To some reasons budget is strictly less than 2lacs.
Inputs are appreciated.

Please flood this thread with answers and opinions fellow TAI'Ian's i need your help as i would change my car within a month and would need a replacement since manza is my daily ride.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Since you don't want a hatchback , only Honda Civic , MS sx4 , skoda Laura comes to mind.
If possible buy from a relative. Talk before hand and drive for a 3-4 days and then finalise the deal.
For low maintenance I would recommend you a hatchback only. Sedans in this budget sure will cost you more in maintenance plus lower mileage.

Thread Starter #5
What if i could stretch to 2.5? Any bigger SUV option except Safari (it would be my last choice as it had storm my heart since it's launch and if i don't find any other good option would finalise on a relative's Safari dicor 2010 model.

Under your budget , the cars under consideration will be 2013 models and before that ones.(Hatchbacks , Sedans)
You have told monthly running of 3k-4k km , so only one options Diesel.

1.Look into Toyota Corolla (2006-2009 models)- Best buy under 2L - Reliable engine , you can negotiate .
2.Ford FIesta 1.4 TdCi ( 2009-2010)- Known issue with Ford Fiesta that batch is its injectors , so negotiate a deal , take it to ford ASS , get injectors checked , and replace them (per injector 16k)- If you get a Ford , I can help you with dealing in service.
3.Swift Dzire - Proven DDis engine , but to get a maintained one is difficult , and marutis start interior rattles , so if you can manage that then good.
4.SX4 - Poor resale value , if you plan to keep for some years then its Ok , else don't go

I haven't included Hatchbacks (Chevrolet beat ,Swift ) , also not included ones from Hyundai stables (Verna , I20) , formers issues being Chevrolet stopped in India , latter's issue being high chances of high run vehicles , and diesel engine issues with Hyundai (Not offensive to Hyundai owners).

All vehicles mentioned are in Diesel avatar.

Drop petrol from your mind , as you have a high running of 3-4kkm.

Thread Starter #10
I am very happy to see that you all are helping me so much. Thanks to you all.
I'm getting inclined towards sunny and corolla, but since both are out of budget i would wait for couple of months to save some vitamin M and then go ahead. Please tell me which out of these sunny and corolla is better in terms of engine,comfort and features

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Please also keep in mind about the service/spare part costs when you are buying more than 10 years old sedans (especially Toyota, Nissan all can be costly comparing other local made cars). So check on this also prior taking a final decision.

Toyota maintenance cost though in higher side , the parts are proven and are durable in long run . Another plus point is availability of ASS in most places (There isn't much places in India without an Innova , so thereby Toyota having wide network).
Nissan , the parts are shared with Renault (Though both don't have such wide ASS , and also maintenance cost is moderate , though Renault is more cheaper than Nissan- Brand image ), You can consider Renault Scala also .
As ad say , Sunny is a Caaaaar. A more pocket friendly alternative for Sunny is Scala . (Difference for second ownership model , will be about 50k).

Top Bottom