Used Hyundai Santro – Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
This is my second car with in 6 month. just got the driving licence on 2nd Feb. then decide to buy an old low range car. i was going many used car dealer showrooms in coimbatore

oops. all are show me very worst condition of cars [but they polish the body] very well...me and my friend rajkumar spend a week to search around coimbatore.

thank god finally a mechanic of my friend name is govind was shown me a 88 model white colour maruthi 800 for rs 42000rs. its fine car i give a token to him 5000rs, tell him 'i come after two days then give the balance and take the car'

But the next day he call me on phone the maruthi have some suspension work so dont buy the car..then after 4 days he was come to my shop with a gray colour maruthi 90 model with the owner

Then we consult the price with that owner he asking 52000 for that car ,

finally the price was fixed on 47000,

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Used Santro--Ownership Review

Congrats. I would advice to add more information as well as some pictures in the opening post since simple / one-liner threads in ownership reviews section are not permitted. Please refer to this link for more information. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Used Hyundai Santro – Ownership Review

BTW the thread name states used Santro ? [confused]

Please tell us some thing about your Santro !

Thread Starter #4
finally i brought my first car..Maruthi 800 always best car for car learning....
ok brought the car and then go to some near temples of my city 'ecanari vinayagar temple', 'maruthamalai' laike that with family

oh its going well ...but the tyers get changed condition so i afrid of this....but no problem with old tyres

then send the car to a new mechanic .'Magi' 'maruthi world' service center in selvapuram ...good mechanic for maruthi cars in coimbatore..he service my car after run 1000km...change the engine oil, fan belt , and seat belt also..

then my family decide to sell the car ..and buy a AC car with latedst option [main my daughter asking me every day 'daddy when we change the car']

so i decide to sell the car...

This is interesting. So you bought the 800, used it for some time and then sold it, or will be selling it. Anyways, now you have decided to go for the Santro (is what I understand by the title of the thread)

However, another thing that I just realized is that your display pic is of the Tata Nano, so should we expect some more twists and turns? :-P

Jokes apart, IMO, buying a used car is actually a talent in itself, though you may take the best mechanic with you to inspect the vehicle before you buy it. At the end, the vehicle should serve the purpose. It doesn't make sense if one has to take rounds of the service station too frequently. Hence I always feel its better to buy a new car with the budget, rather than buying a bigger car (used) and then having no peace of mind. I don't deny that even new cars give problems, however the chances of that happening are less.

Top Bottom