Used Honda City or Civic? Need Advice

City has 1.5 litre engine and Civic has 1.8 litre engine.
If you want more powerful engine then go for civic but city is also a good car even though it is not as powerful as civic.

Civic has poor resale value than City between the two.
Civic will be more expensive to maintain than City.
If you consider economy then city will be more economical.

Hi everyone Planning to buy Honda Civic 2009 single owner 69000km or Honda city ZX gxi automatic sigle owner 67000 pls advise
Please be sensible in your shopping list, with the civic you can only drive it for another 5 year's, how old is the city.
If you include the asking price, you could get some more advice on the feasibility of these car's.

If you can look at a 2009 Civic, why not bother adding those extreme value for money Skodas like Octavia, Laura. They are more powerful as well as they had features like sunroof too.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi everyone Planning to buy Honda Civic 2009 single owner 69000km or Honda city ZX gxi automatic sigle owner 67000 pls advise
I would suggest you to go in for a I-Vtec CITY 2013-2014. I have owned a CITY I-vtec for 6.5 years so from experience, the CITY is fuss-free and less expensive to maintain. Also, the earlier gen CIVICS were discontinued around 2013 so finding their spares can be bit difficult and expensive whereas the spares of CITY are much easily available. The reason I have suggested you a 2013-14 model for CITY is that it came with better ground clearance for one among other things. Apart from that the earlier gen CIVIC(s) had suspension issues specially in rear.

If you can look at a 2009 Civic, why not bother adding those extreme value for money Skodas like Octavia, Laura. They are more powerful as well as they had features like sunroof too.
A Used Skoda is any day a bigger gamble than maybe owning a CIVIC. Honda has better ASC network than Skoda. Earlier gen Skoda(s) had multiple issues including Transmission. The first gen Laura was worst affected as transmission failure happened a lot. Getting spares for earlier gen Skoda(s) can be a difficult task.

Regards

Akash

Hi, if you are planning for civic, do check the rear suspension, engine mounts and power steering oil leak. I was also planning to buy civic and read some automotive forums and some owners pointed out these issues.

Top Bottom