Thread Starter #1
Hello all, im back with a discussion..
A Requirements in the order of priority,
1.Safety
2. Well built feeling
3. Adequate power in highways
4. Good mileage for a usage pattern of 1200 ~ 1500km per month
4. Automatic prefererred not mandatory
Currently I have an option to purchase an used 2016 Ford Ecosport Titanium AT petrol which is 2.5 years old but not even crossed 10,000 kms mileage for around 7.8 lakhs (Chennai). As you might know this variant has 6airbags, ESP, TCS,Hill hold assist.

Will it be a good buy or can I look for other alternatives for a New car around 8 lakhs price budget ?
New car in mind would be i20 sports dual tone, Baleno CVT, Figo AT(2018 model discounted), Freestyle Titanium. Not interested in Nexon petrol as personally I didn't felt comfortable with petrol Nexon performance. Please provide your suggestion.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My suggestion is if you are ready to spend close to Rs 8 lakh for a 2.5 year old car, why don't you just check some new car models available in the market, provided you are ready to source some more funds?

Apart from the unknown in an old car, you need high mileage as your running is high. Ecosport Petrol gives low mileage and even more so with the AT. I would suggest buy a new car and a Diesel for your running. i20, Nexon Diesels are some recommendations.
How are you even considering Baleno seeing your top 2 priorities?? [confused] Nexon Diesel AMT suits your requirements to the core.

Thread Starter #4
My suggestion is if you are ready to spend close to Rs 8 lakh for a 2.5 year old car, why don't you just check some new car models available in the market, provided you are ready to source some more funds?
Can stretch up to 10Lacs only since I may buy another car in near future, which is expected to be some used mercedes/BMW that's again a different topic to discuss in TAI [:D]

Apart from the unknown in an old car, you need high mileage as your running is high. Ecosport Petrol gives low mileage and even more so with the AT. I would suggest buy a new car and a Diesel for your running. i20, Nexon Diesels are some recommendations.
How are you even considering Baleno seeing your top 2 priorities?? [confused] Nexon Diesel AMT suits your requirements to the core.
Yes Baleno needs to be out from the list based on my priorities, I have listed since it is falling under the budget. So in case of new car, Nexon diesel will cross 10Lakhs budget, then only option left will be i20. Compared to i20(New car), will an used Ecosport Diesel make sense? I also have an option of Ecosport 2017 model Titanium Diesel which has run below 15,000Km for ~8.2 Lacs?

Can stretch up to 10Lacs only since I may buy another car in near future, which is expected to be some used mercedes/BMW that's again a different topic to discuss in TAI [:D]

Yes Baleno needs to be out from the list based on my priorities, I have listed since it is falling under the budget. So in case of new car, Nexon diesel will cross 10Lakhs budget, then only option left will be i20. Compared to i20(New car), will an used Ecosport Diesel make sense? I also have an option of Ecosport 2017 model Titanium Diesel which has run below 15,000Km for ~8.2 Lacs?
A NEW car feeling is always way better than an used car, apart from many of the benefits and peace of mind a new car provides.
i20 New is the perfect choice.

A new car is a new car Spending 8L on a used car doesn't make much sense to me. I20 Diesel is the most refined diesel and you would surely love it. Nexon XM/XMA variant should fall under your budget and is worth checking out.

You had an XUV right?Did you sell off your XUV and Renault Fluence.Anyways,we are also in the same boat and we are planning to replace my grandfather's 8 year old Ritz VXI with an AT in few weeks and his budget is also similar as yours.But,he wants only Petrol AT car only.

Thread Starter #8
You had an XUV right?Did you sell off your XUV and Renault Fluence.Anyways,we are also in the same boat and we are planning to replace my grandfather's 8 year old Ritz VXI with an AT in few weeks and his budget is also similar as yours.But,he wants only Petrol AT car only.
Yes I sold my XUV since I travelled abroad. When I returned I bought pre-owned Fluence which I used for a year then sold again.
Now looking to buy a car to use it later as secondary car in the family.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Get a used XUV. They start at 6.5 lacs.
Good ones with low mileage and proper maintainance are at 10 lacs.
Nothing gets better than that.

Also If you like Butch image you can get Safari Storme for 7 lacs.

Thread Starter #10
Get a used XUV. They start at 6.5 lacs.
Good ones with low mileage and proper maintainance are at 10 lacs.
Nothing gets better than that.

Also If you like Butch image you can get Safari Storme for 7 lacs.
Thanks Bhvm.. always pitching at the right time for me :))
Yes used XUV will be a good option to consider.

Thanks Bhvm.. always pitching at the right time for me :))
Yes used XUV will be a good option to consider.
If you are going to use it as a secondary car for your family,
do consider whether other driving members of your family are comfortable in driving XUV.'
ALL THE BEST for your car search[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #12
If you are going to use it as a secondary car for your family,
do consider whether other driving members of your family are comfortable in driving XUV.'
ALL THE BEST for your car search[thumbsup]
Secondary car i meant, secondary for me only [:D] No one at home drives except me ..

bhvm

Honoured Member
Secondary car i meant, secondary for me only [:D] No one at home drives except me ..
If you are looking for a weekend car, I think you can be bold with slightly exotic options. Fiat abarth punto or remapped VW polo GT could give some serious fun in the twisties. Whereas safari 4x4 will help the offroading spirit.

Thread Starter #14
There is big U-Turn now. Im getting relocated to Chennai from Bangalore almost after 14 years!! Now all my requirements have taken an U - Turn.
Now my priorities and requirements got changed. Need to look for a Petrol car now which is more comfortable for every day office ride as well as rare highway drive.
Will start an another thread and will post the link here. Please help in finding a better one, I think end of March is a good time to look for new car since there is lot of discounts offered as financial year end and also on 2018 manufactured cars.

Top Bottom