Used Diesel Sedan Between 3.5 to 4 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
HI guys

I own hyundai santro xing xp 2004 and now i wanna buy diesel sedan .
My monthly running is almost 1100 km and petrol being costlier these days , i wanna sell my santro (well maintained) and buy diesel sedan which should be good in looks and good on FE and cheap maintenance costs.

i am confused that which sedan would come within my budget of 3.5 lakhs and maximum i can stretch it to 4 lakhs.Ideally i would like to keep purchase within 3.5 lakhs.
I have chosen ford fiesta , swift dzire .Also i want newer models like 2008.
Another one tata indigo , i dont like its looks.
So guys , please suggest me which sedans i should look forward to and expected price of all the options??[:)]

Thread Starter #2
Re: 2nd hand diesel sedan b/w 3.5 to 4lacs

swift dzire prices of 2nd hand are exorbitant.One individual quoting of 2008 models vdi 4.4 lacs

Re: Used Diesel Sedan Between 3.5 to 4lacs

I don't think that a diesel dzire would be available at a price you have mentioned. Even if you find any it would have run more than 1lakh+ kms on the odo.
I would suggest you to look for fiesta. I would also suggest you to have a look for well maintained fiat linea mjd also.

...budget of 3.5 lakhs and maximum i can stretch it to 4 lakhs....
.....i want newer models like 2008
Not sure about Gurgaon, here in TN diesel sedan (other than Indigo) post 2008 that you could get is Fiesta / Logan with 100k on odo.

There are plenty of 2006 Fiesta available with less than 65k mileage and priced around 3.5L, worth hunting for such cars.

Thread Starter #5

Ok i got it. I would concentrate on fiesta.just to get idea ,I checked on carwale and quikr where 2007 models were in range of 3 lacs to 3,20 lacs.
So i thought that 2008 models would be available in range of 3.5 lakhs.

Also what about maintenance costs of this car especially if i buy 2007 or 2006 model??I know its gud to drive but i dont want hassles of multiple repairs.

My priorty is only sedan with diesel , if i get lower model with few features i wud accept.
So pls tell me about maintenance issues with fiesta?[roll]

I rather suggest you to go for a premium diesel hatch rather than a sedan. Sedans at the price you have mentioned will be surely fetch you some repair work after you buy. So go for a not very much used diesel hatch like Ford Fusuin TDCI. punto multijet or even a indica vista quadrajet.
you can only expect well maintained petrol sedan between 3.5 to 3.0 L.

With your budget it's hard to get a good dzire with less miles on the ODO. But you can definitely get a good condition ford fiesta classic within that price range. And i would prefer going with fiesta classic over the dzire. As it's really fun to drive and spacious then the dzire.

Ok, i wont suggest many cars as it would only lead to confusions. IMO start hunting for a used Ford Fiesta. With your budget, this is the best car which you can get in the used car market, with lesser miles on Odo.

Thread Starter #12
Ok, i wont suggest many cars as it would only lead to confusions. IMO start hunting for a used Ford Fiesta. With your budget, this is the best car which you can get in the used car market, with lesser miles on Odo.
Thanks everybody for guidance.

Ya i am hunting for fiestas .Accent CRDI i have learnt that after 80000 km it gives many problems.So i am left with only fiesta as dzires are having premium price in used car market.
Also when i took test drive of used dzire vdi 2008 model(80000km), i observed that front load of car looked bit heavy while driving and also whenever it moved on bit of potholes or speed braker, suspension did not seem good and it looked uncomfortable over rough portions of road . i mean suspension was not absorbing shocks well.
When i talked to owner about it, he said that suspension of all dzire cars is usually like this and i should not compare my santro like suspension comfort with dzire.Also he said that front portion (due to engine as said by him) of dzire is heavy , so it requires to be handled carefully over speedbrakers.
I did not get his reason .
Is it with every dzire the suspension problem or owner was telling lie?
Also what things i should look for while buying 2nd hand fiesta ?

Sold my 2008 DZire VDi Silver colour with around 77k kms on the odo for 4.75 a couple of months back. To be precised after 43months. So I think you got a rough idea for the DZire. Also came across randomly few 08 DZires DDiS in the market for 3.85-4L which were nearing 1L kms with abused conditions.

So my suggestion is stick to your car because if you go by your budget; you will hardly get a good car of 2008model from the list you have mentioned. Other wise you will end up maintaining the car after buying it. I hope you got my point.

I would suggest you to buy a hatch as one of my friend bought a used ford fiesta classic in december with ~90k on odo and the condition was good at that time(2008 model).In march he changed some fuelpump or something like that which costed him 45k.
He was saying that ford car's maintainance is usually high,and he now regrets his decision and want to buy a swift diesel(used one).
I personally think that maruti cars are better as far as maintenance is concerned rather than ford,and in your budget you will definitely get a good one.
But if you really want only a sedan then you must be ready for some compromises.

Seeing your 4L budget, a diesel sedan in that range would be quite old - maybe a 2008 or 2007 model. I have even heard of 3.5L 2010 WagonRs sold at 3L in 2012. So, I would recommend a premium hatch. Then the i20s come into your mind. Check if some i20s are available. Fiestas are good, but one in that price range is rare.

Top Bottom