Used car for around Rs 2.5 lakh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #151
Patna! :lol:! The capital of Goonda land!

We visited a couple of used car showrooms today, and have decided up either used Swift Petrol 05-07 or used i10 07-09.
We've been offered
Blu-Green Swift ZXi 2005 40k km. for Rs 3.4 lakh.
Silver VXi ABS 2006 55k km. for Rs 3.9 l k.
Red " "

Black i10 Magna 1.1 with Alloys, Stanley leathers, a Music system worth 20k, 2008, 18k km., Rs 4 lk.
The 1st swift seems the sweetest deal. All 4 cars were very clean.
Still searching. What say guys?

Even the first deal seems good to met but prices can further be negotiated slightly.

I would never recommend a used TATA car! We have faced very bad experiences with our Safari lately. Of course it would be foolish to compare my Safari with a relatively cheaper to maintain Indica/Indigo but still i have lost faith in TATA'S A.S.S. Maybe if you are lucky like Archit , you will land up with a good car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #156
Research and discussions are pointing in favor of a new i10 Magna 1.1, as it will cost us Rs 4.6 on road Bangalore, and probably cheaper in AP.

Thread Starter #158
We haven't bought it yet, but unless my grandfather get's any other ideas, I guess we shall stick to the i10. I forgot mention, it is now between the i10 1.1 Magna and i10 1.2 Magna, which have a minimal difference of ~ Rs 12000.
We shall contact dealers over Bangalore & Rayalseema in the next few days, and find out the best offer & who has vehicles in stock.

I would suggest you to stick with Kappa engine which has lot of difference wrt technology.

12K is no big deal for engineering wonders like kappa from Hyundai.

Why to pick Hyundai's Kappa engine ?

Research and discussions are pointing in favor of a new i10 Magna 1.1, as it will cost us Rs 4.6 on road Bangalore, and probably cheaper in AP.
You are right Arikn. AP on road price will be considerably less becuase of the difference in road tax. Coming to Kappa engine, I second Zinam and would advice you to stick with Kappa engine only.

Kappa engine is the lates engine technology from Hyundai which falls under the category of small straight-4 engines. Kappa engines replaces Hyundai's own Epsilon engines. 1.2 L variant is currently the only Kappa engine produced. This engine is gasoline powered, all-aluminum, and utilizes a DOHC 16-valve design, as opposed to the SOHC 12-valve design of its predecessor, Epsilon engines. The Kappa engine block is made from high pressure die-cast aluminum which results in considerable weight savings - the entire engine with a manual gearbox only weighs 82.4 kg.Now you know why you have good FE, though this is not the only factor [:)] Engine is controled by two 16-bit 32Mhz microprocessors which controls and monitors ignition timing, idle speed, knocking and emissions. Hyundai has deviated from the normal design rules and has introduced a different position for Crank, which call as Offset Crank, that minimizes the side force created by the pistons. The net effect is better FE and a reduction in noise, vibration and harshness. Engines Valvetrain also features a number of innovations such as friction reducing roller swing arm, hydraulic lash adjusters which ensure proper clearances between the valve stem and roller swing arm, which significantly reduce valve tapping noise. The valvetrain is driven by a silent-type, maintenance free steel timing chain unlike the conventional roller-type timing chain. The optimized design greatly reduces impact forces and noise when the gear tooth and chain engage. The fuel delivery pipe assembly also features some lates techonologies.

In essense, technologically Hyundai's Kappa engine is one of the most advanced engines from Hyundai and even in the segement.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #164
Woah! Conclusion: I go in for the 1.2, as in the beginning, I've said, the vehicle might have to cover almost 15000km on the highway for 8 months. The Kappa seems better both in terms of FE and Highway power. Thanks a ton!

Kappa is just extremely brilliant for city drive with its great torque.

Highway drives are smiles when you dont push more than 140kmph.

1.2 Magna with ABS would be the best car on road today if you like Hyundai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom