Urgent: Which Amplifier To Buy?

Thread Starter #16
Alternatively, you can get the sub too and power the sub and components off the amp and add rear coaxials as fillers and power them off directly from the HU.
I read somewhere on this forum that the Manza OEM HU is rated 18W RMS - I believe that would highly under power the co axials and I ve read theres a fair chance of the coaxials going kaput in such cases.

One more question - if at all I am to go for a 4.0 setup - then how do you reckon I should place my co axials -

1 - 6x9 s at rear parcel tray (something like JBL GTO 959)
2 - 6.5" coaxials at rear parcel tray (Polk audio db651)
3 - 6.5" coaxials in the rear door coul (Polk audio db651)

If I am to go with a sub - then I will install the components at front - 2 of the 4 default speakers at the rear parcel tray as fillers - they re rated close 18 W RMS so I can power them using the HU - and keep the sub in the trunk - whoa this seems perfect - what say ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
I am inclining towards this setup -
Component speakers at front
Default speaker pair (which is currently in the doors) at rear parcel tray - so that the people behind dont complain
Sub in the trunk

comp + sub powered by amp
OEM speaker pair powered through HU.

Thread Starter #19
As mentioned - its the oem HU i.e stock HU (some sub par blaupunkt HU) which came with the Manza - It just does enough to drive the 4 stock speakers - 2 of which I plan to place on the parcel tray (to be used as fillers for the rear bench passengers).

Let me know which config do u think would be better.

Even with the sub-par stock HU, i suggest you get some decent 6" coaxes (say around 40 RMS) for the rear doors. Add to that the already decided component + sub setup. Reason I say door speakers over rear tray is a stealth setup that looks as OEM as possible.

Thread Starter #21
But the Manza already came with the parcel tray - I dont think I will have to do any modifications and instead of throwing the stock speakers - I think I ll give them a shot at the rear tray - if I find its not going well - I ll go for new coaxials.
The reason I think they ll be good as fillers in the rear parcel tray is because - they ll be closer to the ears of the passengers in the rear and they wont be bleeding their ears because they just cant do that at 20W.

My gut says I should try this out once.

Another question - If I buy the amp from India - which amp do u suggest in the under Rs 10,000 Range ? apart from your kenny - I can think of Kicker EX400.4, Pioneer GM6500, C4c

But the Manza already came with the parcel tray - I dont think I will have to do any modifications and instead of throwing the stock speakers - I think I ll give them a shot at the rear tray - if I find its not going well - I ll go for new coaxials.
The reason I think they ll be good as fillers in the rear parcel tray is because - they ll be closer to the ears of the passengers in the rear and they wont be bleeding their ears because they just cant do that at 20W.

My gut says I should try this out once.

Another question - If I buy the amp from India - which amp do u suggest in the under Rs 10,000 Range ? apart from your kenny - I can think of Kicker EX400.4, Pioneer GM6500, C4c
Try auditioning JBL 1004, I have a gut feeling that it'll bring a grin on our face. [evil]

At the price point Kenwood amplifier is good. But it's a bit underpowered if you ask me. In future if you buy powerful components you will feel Kenwood amp doesn't have enough juice to drive the power hungry components. In such a case DD Audio C4C is best suited for most needs. It cost 10-11k and is used in many low budget, medium budget and even high budget installs. An advantage of DD amplifier is they are underrated. Don't go with specs, it outputs way more than 60w per channel at 4ohm load. I am using DD C4C to drive my Rainbow components in front and Polk Components in rear. Both are 100w RMS and the small DD amp gives a lot of work for my compos.

My advice would be to buy DD Audio C4C[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #24
Thanks freakdude and SK for all the help you ve offered till now.
A few more questions -

What price should I be expecting for the Morels Maximo 6.5 inch component system.
I could go for them if they are in the under 7k price range. However if they cost anywhere above 7k - that makes me feel he Polk Audio DB6501 would be a better choice at ~8-8.5k because the Morels dont come with mounting brackets and other accessories that are bundled with the Polk comps.

Any other component systems that you guys would suggest under the 7 k bar ?

Also - How is the amp Pioneer GM6500F - I ve been reading a lot of positive reviews about this budget amp - was thinking of gifting it to a friend of mine on his birthday - he too has a manza.

Last edited:
Thanks freakdude and SK for all the help you ve offered till now.
A few more questions -

What price should I be expecting for the Morels Maximo 6.5 inch component system.
I could go for them if they are in the under 7k price range. However if they cost anywhere above 7k - that makes me feel he Polk Audio DB6501 would be a better choice at ~8-8.5k because the Morels dont come with mounting brackets and other accessories that are bundled with the Polk comps.

Any other component systems that you guys would suggest under the 7 k bar ?

Also - How is the amp Pioneer GM6500F - I ve been reading a lot of positive reviews about this budget amp - was thinking of gifting it to a friend of mine on his birthday - he too has a manza.
I got the morels for 6K, and they too come with mounting brackets of multiple types for the tweeters.

The Pio amp is OK, rather powerful, but brute i.e., not very acoustic.

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hello Friends

I have decided to keep my factory fitted HU in my ANHC 2013 EMT version. I have OE speakers & OE tweeters in the front and Pioneer TS-A634 coaxial speakers in the rear which really sounds well.
I don’t know the make of my H.U, some say Honda gets from Alpine or Mitsubishi.
I want to add a 4 channel amplifier which I don't expect to produce neighbour-annoying sound volumes and I am not for such sub whoopers.
A simple amplifier which gives me to listen the fine notes of instruments by more signal "cleaning" is my requirement.

Can I go for this? Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack / Class D from US
Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack Upgrade any car radio to 45 watts RMS X 4 at Crutchfield.com
OR
Alpine MRV-F300 4-channel car amplifier - 50 watts RMS x 4

Please help me:
Whether it is compatible with factory fitted New Honda City HU.
I don’t want the installer to fiddle much with OE wiring or shall I go for Kenwood M846 which is available in India.
Thanks
Regards
Dr. MUDHAN

Last edited:
Hello Friends

I have decided to keep my factory fitted HU in my ANHC 2013 EMT version. I have OE speakers & OE tweeters in the front and Pioneer TS-A634 coaxial speakers in the rear which really sounds well.
I don’t know the make of my H.U, some say Honda gets from Alpine or Mitsubishi.
I want to add a 4 channel amplifier which I don't expect to produce neighbour-annoying sound volumes and I am not for such sub whoopers.
A simple amplifier which gives me to listen the fine notes of instruments by more signal "cleaning" is my requirement.

Can I go for this? Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack / Class D from US
Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack Upgrade any car radio to 45 watts RMS X 4 at Crutchfield.com
OR
Alpine MRV-F300 4-channel car amplifier - 50 watts RMS x 4

Please help me:
Whether it is compatible with factory fitted New Honda City HU.
I don’t want the installer to fiddle much with OE wiring or shall I go for Kenwood M846 which is available in India.
Thanks
Regards
Dr. MUDHAN
Since you wish to power only speaker I's suggest you go for a class AB amp as they are cleaner in their power output then the class D amps. Also, since you'll be mating it to your OEM HU so either you'll need a RCA splitter to split the single RCA (most OEMs have one only) into 2, or, select an amp that has speaker level inputs.

M846 is a sexy amp, for two reasons, 1st it is an absolute VFM amp and 2nd is that I have it. [evil]

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Since you wish to power only speaker I's suggest you go for a class AB amp as they are cleaner in their power output then the class D amps. Also, since you'll be mating it to your OEM HU so either you'll need a RCA splitter to split the single RCA (most OEMs have one only) into 2, or, select an amp that has speaker level inputs.

M846 is a sexy amp, for two reasons, 1st it is an absolute VFM amp and 2nd is that I have it. [evil]
Thanks. Could you please suggest me some names of AB class amplifier which I can either buy in India or from Dubai.
Kenny M846 is AB or D class?

Thread Starter #29
I got the morels for 6K, and they too come with mounting brackets of multiple types for the tweeters.

The Pio amp is OK, rather powerful, but brute i.e., not very acoustic.
I think the DB 6501 comps come with rings for the mid range driver as well which cost about 500 Rs a pair if you buy externally. But if I am to get the morels at anywhere under 6.5k - then I wouldnt think twice - you dont think I should be considering any other component systems in this price bracket right ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom