URGENT: ICE for i10 Magna.

the white thing , also the those in above picture are called as cross overs.

they get input from amp or head unit and give to the speakers and tweeters.

Generally cross overs are installed inside the door itself

Thread Starter #19
OK I shall. I'm thinking of getting the Amp. fitted after 1 or 2 months from the purchase, to be able to actually feel the difference. Guys, don't get me wrong, I'm doing this to give me a better idea about ICE quality and such, so that I can fit a better setup in my Fiesta.

@ arkin: the small pods are the tweeters. if you can, place them on the A pillar like in my car but you will have to drill a small hole for that. else, it can be concealed in the door too, next to the door handle. a good installer can do this. these days, manufacturers dont provide tweeter pods with the package except for very high end comps.

below the tweeters are the midbasses, it will go into the stock speaker locations.

below them, the white things are the crossovers which enables the tuner to filter out frequencies to the midbasses & the tweeter (high frequencies go to the tweeter & low frequencies go to the midbass), the reason you get good quality sound. a good tuner can tune the comps perfectly. you can keep the crossovers hidden under the dash like in my car or if you want to show them off, you can install them on the doors.

"Satisfaction" is one song you will really enjoyed in a nicely tuned & 'amp'lified comps.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks for the inputs Raj! !!
If I can't get these comp.s fitted at the dealer, and can't find a reliable accessory shop in Kurnool/Atp., I will be forced to install only the HU and some Sony/Pioneer Fr. Co-axials ~Rs 1500 temporarily, and during the car's 1st Bangalore trip (3to4 weeks from the purchase), I will fit the comp.s & maybe amps too. The cheap front Co-axials will go onto my Maruti 800! :biggrin:

Top Bottom