Urban Titanium Honda City i-VTEC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mid of the road, the low ground clearance of CITY today showed its true color. After scrapping through one of the ever-unscientific speed breaker's of Delhi today, within few minutes, the exhaust came crashing down near CP!!

Regards

Akash
Those unscientific speed breakers are one of the biggest problem here in india ,specially for low GC sedan owners.
Very sad to know about that accident and now this incident. It really hurts when you have to pay for others mistakes. It seems your car is infected by evil eye. You can try ages old NIMBU MIRCHI protection .

Thread Starter #32

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Those unscientific speed breakers are one of the biggest problem here in india ,specially for low GC sedan owners.
Very sad to know about that accident and now this incident. It really hurts when you have to pay for others mistakes. It seems your car is infected by evil eye. You can try ages old NIMBU MIRCHI protection .
Veerey, I'll certainly make sure to do something to keep it protected but what I believe is that, in India, the scientific bent of mind is sorely missing when it comes to making something as important as roads. Breakers are made for reducing the speed and not damaging the car. Total expense would be around 100 odd bucks to repair it.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #33

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Got the silencer repaired. Total expense was 100/-. After a lot of pushing by mom, moved out from my room and took the car for the repair. The welding was done at a near by car market and took about 30 minutes to finish. I am now at peace as the silencer will not fall on its own.

20151103_152929.jpg

20151103_152854.jpg

20151103_152425.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #35

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Its new year 2016, so I thought let me also give my CITY I-vtec a much needed detailing session. It should be well noted that this detailing session was a race against time because of my ever nagging father. What he did today will follow later in this post but first about the car. The detailing/cleaning was done at Klenz Car Spa in Indrapuram. I went there with my new driver whom I don't feel like giving the CITY to drive as I am not confident of his skills and my Mama ji. So, I drove it myself and we reached the outlet around 12-12:30pm. There were 2 other cars scheduled prior to mine so had to wait for approx 1 hour and I don't mind that because I had gone there without an appointment. The works done were Vacuuming of interiors, Steam Wash of the engine bay and exteriors, Full Wash, Polish and Tyre Polish. I luckily met there the personnel who had cleaned my car 1.5 years ago so he only did the cleaning of my car today too. The car had too much dust and mud stuck in the wheel wells, mudflaps and on the body as well so it took good 2.5 hours to properly clean everything. The job done was certainly very good and much to my expectation. For this job I had been charged Rs. 350/- (Inclusive of the goodwill discount by the owner). Got the Headlamp tints removed today as it was hampering visibility and secondly, the money spent on them 2 years ago had been now recovered in the tenure. Although it was just 1200/- that time but who has the patience to listen to dad's never ending lecture on expenses.[;)]

Here are some pics of today's detailing session at Klenz Cars Spa. Pics of the car and the engine bay prior to cleaning.

20160105_144006.jpg

20160105_144138.jpg

20160105_145152.jpg

Now, the car's detailing begins!

20160105_152229.jpg

20160105_150646.jpg

20160105_152451.jpg

20160105_153020.jpg

20160105_153534.jpg

Now, once the cleaning/vacuuming was done, the car looked much cleaner and shinny.

20160105_160615.jpg
So, before I end today's post in my thread, let me share the usual father-son conversation.​

1:00 PM

Me: Phone rings

Paa: Kahan ho? (Where are you)

Me: Indrapuram

Paa: Itni durr kyu gaye? Car to Noida me saaf ho jati (Why you went so far, car could be cleaned in Noida Itself)

Me: Who'll clean? You??

Paa: Arey koi bhi polish kar deta! (Anyone would have polished it)

Me: Juta/chappal polish nahi karani, Car Polish karani hai (I don't have to get the shoes/slippers polished, I am getting a car polished)

Paa: Whatever, come soon, don't stay there for too long!

Me: I am not on date with a girl that I need to spend time unnecessarily.

Paa: You are not so lucky waise bhi. Now you are already booked!

Me: Haan Haan (Phone cut). Dad has become old now! why does he talk so much!

At 2:30 he calls again!

Paa: Kaam hua?

Me: ho raha hei (Its going on)

Paa: Gaadi saaf kara raha hei ya plane? (Are you getting a car cleaned or a plane)

Me: Plane tumne kharid ke diya tha kya? (Did you buy me a plane)

Paa: Already I have given so much for your car!

Me: Mummy ko phone dena!! (Give the phone to mom)

Mom: Haan beta

Me: Papa ko samajhao (Talk to dad)

Mom: Kya hua? (What happened)

Me: Told her everything

Mom: No problem, take your time and make sure you have your lunch.
(This is how my mom is!)

Me: Papa ko bol dena (Tell dad too) Phone cut!

4Pm dad calls back!

Paa: Beta, aur kitna time lagega bachche? (How much more time will it take dear)

Me: Kya hua dose mila kya?

Paa: Yaar kyu jale pe namak daltaa hai? (Why do you rub salt on my wounds)[;)] Is there anyway I can avoid your mom! I dare not! You know it! Why you always pick the weak spot!

Me: Mummy ko batau kya (Should I tell mom)?

Paa: Na Na let it be!! Kitna kharcha hua? (How much it costed)

Me: 350/-

Paa: What??

Me: Use Jhonson bud to clear your ears, Its 350!

Paa: Chalo zyada nahi laga! (Not much spent)

Me: Aur kharcha karna hai kya? (Should I spend more?)

Paa: Arrey mere baap!! Wapas aaja (My dear, please return)

Me: You see how much I value money!

Paa: Bahut bahut dhanyawad (Thanks).

So in short, I can say that, my mom is my shield against my dad's nagging/lecture!! Also the weakest point of an elderly married man is his wife's questioning!![;)]

Some final shots of the car after it was polished!!

20160105_164145.jpg

20160105_164152.jpg

20160105_164223.jpg

Regards

Akash

That was a good new year gift for your car Akash. Don't know how I missed this thread, I was about to PM you to write an ownership report of your car. Anyway, wish you lots and lots of happy miles in your steed. Urban titanium is my favourite colour in 3rd gen City.

For 350 bucks, the job looks very good. The car is shining like new. BTW you need to re-fit the DRLs (airdam ones) as they look a bit misaligned.

One question - How have you pasted the L shape DRLs on the bumper?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The car is shining like new. BTW you need to re-fit the DRLs (airdam ones) as they look a bit misaligned.
I just need to adjust them that's all as they are adjustable type. They might be misaligned due to water spray/steam spray.

One question - How have you pasted the L shape DRLs on the bumper?
They actually are bolted from behind. The front bumper was accordingly drilled to fix them.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #38

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hmm..so buddies, I have something more to share than the super cars that I clicked today. I was coming back after clicking those super-hot 4-wheeled beauties when a 2-legged beauty struck my car at Moolchand, New Delhi in evening. I was waiting for the signal to go green and there was this girl in her i10 (old gen) on my left. As soon as the signal was green my driver moved forward and so did the b-e-a utiful girl. Little did I realize as to what she was upto!! I thought she too will go right but she overtook my moving car from left and took a sharp U-turn scratching my car's bumper on the left. My car was at about 25 km/h that time. After she struck, our eyes met, she was on her phone and I wore seat-belt so she gracefully stopped and said, "Bhaiya, I am sorry"[cry] Woh distance miss hogya I was not that hurt with the damage, as much as I was hurt by her remark. She gave a smile and went on, I kept standing there for almost 30 seconds and then my driver reversed the car because by then the signal became Orange and I did not want to break the signal.

20160122_165048.jpg

Thankfully, the scratch was mainly on stickers and bumper guard so all of it was removed. But "Bhaiya I am sorry!" this remark has left a deep scratch on my heart! Again an instance, where "our story was left incomplete" (Humari Kahani Adhuri Reh Gayi).

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #39

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The CITY is due for it's service. The same will be carried out at a known FNG in Indrapuram (Gzb). The car is running fine without any major issue. The oil change interval which is 10K kms has been exceeded this time by approx 1.5-2K kms as I was traveling all this time. Tomorrow the following stuff shall be carried out:

* Engine Oil and Oil Filter Change.

* Air Filter Change.

* Gear Oil Change.

* Coolant Top Up or Change (Whatever is needed).

* Front Bumper needs to be re-painted as it has been hit today as well by a biker in my sector. Bumper painting cost as fixed is Rs. 2000/-

* A/C Indicator is not working so it needs to be changed. Ordered it with Crown Honda today. It was not readily available. Neither the switch nor the indicator.

The cost of Lubricants purchased by self is Rs. 2385/- (Excluding Coolant) and the Cost of AC Switch assembly is around Rs. 600/- (Including Labor).

Front Bumper damaged by the biker!

20160630_134708.jpg

The lubricants purchased today for the service tomorrow.

20160630_162212.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #40

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The servicing was carried out today as planned. The bumper is sent for repairs and will be fixed back tomorrow. All DRLs of bumper also removed. Sharing couple of W.I.P Pics.

20160701_121106.jpg

20160701_121119.jpg

20160701_121126.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #41

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

The front bumper is now fixed back and the AC Switch also has been replaced today by the Honda ASC. The paint of bumper is upto my satisfaction.[:)] Sharing some pics of the WIP of AC switch replacement and the bumper. Pending jobs are; Bumper's rubbing and polishing and air filter change.

20160702_125629.jpg

20160702_125646.jpg

20160702_144354.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #42

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

This car of mine has given me an absolutely fuss free ownership in past 5 years. No major technical/mechanical/electrical issues by god's grace. It is working well and ODO now is 55K Kms. Got insurance renewed with 50% NCB just 2 days back. The only thing I am planning for is to get the front driver side speaker checked because it is having a feeble sound as I checked. Rest all speakers working perfectly. All in all, a very good experience with this car.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Hello @Akash1886

Same here, no issues faced so far. In recent service, technician noticed slightly lose front suspensions and SA advised for replacement. I haven't noticed the issue and just ignored for now. In the next service will find out more details about the suspensions condition.

Did you get the passenger side airbag inflator replaced?

Mine couldn't get it done in the recent service because SA said my car is not applicable for passenger side airbag inflator replacement. I argued that I have checked Honda website for verification but he stood by his words. Later I sent mail to Honda customer support to confirm it and next day I got call from service center stating my car is indeed applicable for recall and they will perform the replacement by this month end. Actually I got 4 calls that day, two from customer care and two from service center. [lol]

Btw; How much you paid for insurance?

I too got mine renewed two days ago. Paid Rs. 8500/-, NCB 35%, Value 3.65L, Company New India Assurance.

For last 2 years I'm paying same amount for 4 lakhs value. Every year they say premium is hiked and that is taken by NCB discount. [sad]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello @Akash1886

Did you get the passenger side airbag inflator replaced?
My car isn't applicable as I was informed at time of replacing driver side airbag component. Will check again whenever I visit them next.

Btw; How much you paid for insurance?
Quoted was 7726/- with IDV of 3.43L and NCB 50%. I bargained with the girl for discount and she provided me the premium of 7200/-. Dealerships offer discount too on insurance renewal but one has to be aware of them and should firmly ask for that too.

I too got mine renewed two days ago. Paid Rs. 8500/-, NCB 35%, Value 3.65L, Company New India Assurance.
My ASC gave me policy of National Insurance with 50% NCB as per rule.

For last 2 years I'm paying same amount for 4 lakhs value. Every year they say premium is hiked and that is take by NCB discount. [:(]
As I am aware the cost of 3rd party insurance has been hiked. My last year's insurance premium was Rs. 7400 and this year 7726. So I made sure not to pay higher than last year.[;)] I tied my ponytail and bargained for discount and finally got it. Checked the policy for all particulars and took it.

Regards

Akash

My car isn't applicable as I was informed at time of replacing driver side airbag component. Will check again whenever I visit them next.
I doubt service centers are aware about second recall or it might take some time for intimation. If its true, you have to contact higher authorities to get the job done early.

Quoted was 7726/- with IDV of 3.43L and NCB 50%. I bargained with the girl for discount and she provided me the premium of 7200/-
Wow sirji, you have a very good negotiating skills and that too with a girl! [clap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom