Urban Titanium Honda City i-VTEC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

In the evening today dad's friend wanted to see my car as he too is a car enthusiast. While showing him I switched on the headlamp and found the right side LED bar inside headlamp not working neither in light mode nor in indicator mode. The left one is OK and properly working. Is it possible that the LED tube has gone off totally or could it be a minor wiring issue? I'll be taking it to ASC to check it and the car now needs a proper polishing session as its in real untidy look at present mainly because it is not much used. Total mileage as of today is around 39, 400 kms after the oil change. Also, K&N has been working fine till now after my DIY washing in December end.

20150328_192113.jpg

20150328_192120.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #17

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Small Update on Service at 43K today.

Got my Honda City serviced at a FNG in Sector 8, Noida by name of Fucon Technology. Total expense in Labor Rs. 400. Items purchased from Sector 16 Noida myself; that costed me Rs. 1800.

* Engine Oil Castrol Semi Synthetic 3.5L + Oil filter of Purolator = Rs 1530/-

* Castrol Coolant 1 Ltr Bottle = Rs 270/-

Work done at FNG = Interior Vacuuming, AC Filter cleaning and Oil Change.

Here is a pic of the Bill, My list of jobs done today and those pending as of now and the Castrol Lubricants. I took back the old drained oil from engine too as I paid Rs 400/- to them so why to leave it[:D].

20150704_125834.jpg

20150704_125706.jpg

Regards

Akash

@Akash1886

Did you got the led tube fixed? If so, what was the problem?

and which is brand and model of headlight bulb you are using? I'm asking it because it looks yellowish and doesn't match led tube kelvin color. What do you think?

I took back the old drained oil from engine too as I paid Rs 400/- to them so why to leave it[:D].
May I know for what purpose you gonna use it? :tongue:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash

Did you got the led tube fixed? If so, what was the problem?

and which is brand and model of headlight bulb you are using? I'm asking it because it looks yellowish and doesn't match led tube kelvin color. What do you think?
Buddy, the LED started to work on its own. But today when the engine bay was being cleaned of the accumulated dust, the LED again got shut. The front fog lamp wiring also was chewed by my pups[lol] so have decided to get it repaired from ASC itself as the technician at the FNG gave up on it stating "Bhaiya aur koi kaam bata do lekin apni car ki lights mat theek karao mujhse. Itne wires sirf "fox" light ke liye pehli baar dekhe hain" (Brother get something else done from me in your car but not the lights please. I have not seen so many wires for only fog lights in any car).

As for the headlamp tube and bulbs here is the brand that I am using in both my cars i.e CITY and Esteem. They are Philips 4300K Bulbs. As of now, I have removed them from Honda CITY and kept them aside.

20150704_145706.jpg

May I know for what purpose you gonna use it?
After getting scolded from mom for bringing oil back home on a Saturday rather than donating it I have decided to give it for free to my neighbor for applying it on his house's door locks and hinges and to my driver for using in his cycle.[glasses]. Gosh man!! At 29 years, I am still scolded by my parents [embarass].

Regards

Akash

Buddy, the LED started to work on its own. But today when the engine bay was being cleaned of the accumulated dust, the LED again got shut. The front fog lamp wiring also was chewed by my pups[lol] so have decided to get it repaired from ASC itself as the technician at the FNG gave up on it stating "Bhaiya aur koi kaam bata do lekin apni car ki lights mat theek karao mujhse. Itne wires sirf "fox" light ke liye pehli baar dekhe hain" (Brother get something else done from me in your car but not the lights please. I have not seen so many wires for only fog lights in any car).
[lol] @ FNG guy. May be he is new or not in good mood.

Could be minor lose connections. Do you think ASC will do repairs of aftermarket accessories?

As for the headlamp tube and bulbs here is the brand that I am using in both my cars i.e CITY and Esteem. They are Philips 4300K Bulbs. As of now, I have removed them from Honda CITY and kept them aside.
Ok so you were using stock bulbs when the photo is taken.

Led tube looks good in your Honda City. I like to do it for my car as well but afraid to open and reseal headlight assy. Butyl sealant isn't easily available either.

After getting scolded from mom for bringing oil back home on a Saturday rather than donating it I have decided to give it for free to my neighbor for applying it on his house's door locks and hinges and to my driver for using in his cycle. Gosh man!! At 29 years, I am still scolded by my parents.

Regards

Akash
I thought you were using it for something special. Recently I have heard its used for slab centering sheets to prevent sticking of concrete. If you know any bar bending workers, you can give the oil to them, either for free or for some bucks. Of course its not good for environment but we don't have many recycling points in India to dispose correctly.

btw don't feel sad by parents scolded, they only do it for your good.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21

Akash1886

Honoured Member
FNG guy. May be he is new or not in good mood.
Might have fought/argued with his better half[lol].

Could be minor lose connections. Do you think ASC will do repairs of aftermarket accessories?
Ya a slight loose connection. Its a small wire adjustment that's all. It won't be free for sure. Would pay them the labor charge if needed.

Ok so you were using stock bulbs when the photo is taken.
Ya.

I thought you were using it for something special. If you know any bar bending workers, you can give the oil to them, either for free or for some bucks.
I am Ok if my driver or neighbor uses it. After-all its being put to use.

btw don't feel sad by parents scolded, they only do it for your good.
Man, a boy's life is full of this. In childhood, get scolded by parents, In teenage/early 20's bear the anger and tantrums of your gf. After getting married, bear the anger of the unavoidable better half.[;)]

Regards

Akash

It won't be free for sure. Would pay them the labor charge if needed.
Good to know atleast they will do. Paying is not a problem when work needs to be done. But I have seen some other ASC including my local Honda ASC and Tata ASC, they don't even touch aftermarket accessories, instead they search for such modifications so that can they void warranty claims. [cry]

Man, a boy's life is full of this. In childhood, get scolded by parents, In teenage/early 20's bear the anger and tantrums of your gf. After getting married, bear the anger of the unavoidable better half.[;)]
Agreed. [:D]

Thank god, I'm still single and don't have any GFs.

Thread Starter #23

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Good to know atleast they will do. Paying is not a problem when work needs to be done. But I have seen some other ASC including my local Honda ASC and Tata ASC, they don't even touch aftermarket accessories, instead they search for such modifications so that can they void warranty claims.
Absolutely, but there are few customers like me who visit them once in a blue moon. I just request them to check and if possible do the needful. I don't pressurize them. And with this I succeed with the job 9 out of 10 times.

Thank god, I'm still single and don't have any GFs.
I am not as lucky as you my friend in this field. [cry]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #24

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A Sad Update[cry]

MY Ivtec CITY had a minor accident today afternoon around 12:30pm at Sector 5 Noida just near Gautam Budh Ford. It is a 2-way road with hopeless traffic and people at will cross from either sides. There is no divider or anything. Due to heavy traffic, a Red Apache over took me from left and to avoid colliding with another bike in front, the rider applied sudden brakes. My driver too applied brakes and as speed was 20-30 km/h so car was able to stop but only after rear-ending the bike's silencer. I scolded my driver for not having proper distance with the bike and in-turn he said "Bhaiya itne traffic mein kaise distance banae?" (How should I keep a distance in such heavy traffic). As mom was also there so she too scolded me, "Itne traffic mein kyun gaadi lata hai?" (Why do you bring the car in so much traffic?) In-short, I was fired by her instead of understanding the situation. Upon getting down, and asking the Apache biker, he said on top of everything "I can't help, there is lot of traffic and I will not bang in the vehicle in front." When I saw the damage I was sad, as the left corner of front bumper dislocated and scratches were there as well. I told mom about this and she said "Leave it, the biker in any case won't pay you a penny" Then after finishing my work, took the car to Honda ASC in Sector 11, they said, 3500+ Labor +Taxes which amount to approx 5K or 5.5K. I am doomed! and doomed big time! Finally, dejected I leave from there with the damaged bumper.

20151020_125536.jpg

20151020_125544.jpg

Regards

Akash

@Akash1886

Oh thats a bad timing and it hurts badly when something happens to our loved ones. Good to know that it wasn't worst.

These bikers always come in-between and cause troubles. They don't have patience nor understand how difficult its to drive a car in heavy traffic. If we keep distance, some one will come in-between. This is common in my city and I always suffer. [sad]

I think the bumper can be realigned and as of scratch, you can try isopropyl alcohol to see if while marks wipe off and then get it touched up from dealer or car paint shop.

btw; Did you checked your vehicle for recall in Honda website? and any news from local dealer(s) regarding the same?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash1886
I think the bumper can be realigned and as of scratch, you can try isopropyl alcohol to see if while marks wipe off and then get it touched up from dealer or car paint shop.
I did try the mustard oil but it did not work. Will try rubbing compound tomorrow and see if it removes/lightens the scratches. As of the re-alignment of bumper, I punched it inside. I punched the dislocated corner and it went perfectly in and now is absolutely in good shape. Thank god the locks did not break due to the impact.

btw; Did you checked your vehicle for recall in Honda website? and any news from local dealer(s) regarding the same?
Are you talking of the Airbag wala recall issued by Honda! Holy how, will check it right now. It just slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding.

PS: I am provided with this Ref. No. Reference Number : PUD89453. It is stating it is applicable in my car that the replacement has to be done! All in all, I am seriously doomed now![frustration][frustration]. I had to fill in all the owner's details in it and now the dealer shall call me.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I did try the mustard oil but it did not work. Will try rubbing compound tomorrow and see if it removes/lightens the scratches. As of the re-alignment of bumper, I punched it inside. I punched the dislocated corner and it went perfectly in and now is absolutely in good shape. Thank god the locks did not break due to the impact.
If those white color marks are transferred from other vehicle when hit then they can be wiped using alcohol, petroleum liquid or mild compound.

Usually car paint shops sand the scratches, touch up with matching color paint and finally use rubbing compound to make even. It works out cheap then getting the whole bumper repainted.

Are you talking of the Airbag wala recall issued by Honda! Holy how, will check it right now. It just slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding.

PS: I am provided with this Ref. No. Reference Number : PUD89453. It is stating it is applicable in my car that the replacement has to be done! All in all, I am seriously doomed now![frustration][frustration]. I had to fill in all the owner's details in it and now the dealer shall call me.
Yeah it is seriously and Honda should perform replacement without any delays. Arrangement for recall as per website was 12th Oct but yet I haven't not received calls from local service center. I shall contact them tomorrow and ask about this. May be they have not got replacement parts.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Yeah it is seriously and Honda should perform replacement without any delays. Arrangement for recall as per website was 12th Oct but yet I haven't not received calls from local service center. I shall contact them tomorrow and ask about this. May be they have not got replacement parts.
I called my assigned/selected Honda ASC here and got to know the part to be replaced is out of stock. The person Pradeep has told that it would be available in 2-3 days and then he'll tell me. I have told him that I want it to be replaced by Friday. Heights of selling I would share, the person at the ASC said, "Sir we'll do the part replacement for free as said but also would suggest you to extend your car's warranty" I told him first finish off this important work and then pitch for all this warranty stuff. About the inflator replacement, he also cross-checked from his end with the car's reg. number that it is actually needing the free replacement of part under the recall. So now have to wait till Friday!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #29

Akash1886

Honoured Member
In the mid of the road, the low ground clearance of CITY today showed its true color. After scrapping through one of the ever-unscientific speed breaker's of Delhi today, within few minutes, the exhaust came crashing down near CP!!

20151028_155044.jpg

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom