Upgrading to Power Windows and Xenon Headlights.

Thread Starter #1
Hay TAI guys. I have a ALTO which I need to update the windows to power windows. I have checked the after market conversion kits from Maruthi web site and found its only sold in India (I m a Sri Lankan). I can ask my friends to bring a kit from India when they travel there. But my worry is if I m fixing a kit do I need to drill holes for the screws in the power window kit in the door panel?[confused]

350Z

Core Team
Aftermarket installation of power-window costs approx. Rs.5,000 – 6,000 each (for front and rear), and most probably the price will range more if you go with MGA. That’s why; I’d suggest getting the job done outside at some reliable workshop in your place, which would prove to be reasonable enough. Also, regarding Xenon headlamps, check this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...xenons-hid-lamps-thread.html?highlight=xenons

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
thanks for the replay 350Z. will theyDrill any new screw holes in the door for fixing the power window kit to the door panel including the switch board?

Hay TAI guys. I have a ALTO which I need to update the windows to power windows. I have checked the after market conversion kits from Maruthi web site and found its only sold in India (I m a Sri Lankan). I can ask my friends to bring a kit from India when they travel there. But my worry is if I m fixing a kit do I need to drill holes for the screws in the power window kit in the door panel?[confused]
I'll too suggest you to go for aftermarket for power window. Are you planning for all four windows? If yes then check the feasibility of getting all four controls on driver side door panel also, instead of having individual buttons on each window only. I heard somewhere that it is possible by using some sort of 4 way switch. I don't know much about it.

Yes, you need to drill the holes for screws, but if you are fitting it from some reputed accessory store then it won't be a problem, you hardly see any hole from outside.

Thread Starter #6
guys one more quick question. i haven't seen a after market conversion kit before so what are the package includes in? except the arm and motor do we get the panels for the doors with switches or do we have to buy them separately? Any one know a place where I can buy them online and deliver them internationally?

350Z

Core Team
guys one more quick question. i haven't seen a after market conversion kit before so what are the package includes in? except the arm and motor do we get the panels for the doors with switches or do we have to buy them separately? Any one know a place where I can buy them online and deliver them internationally?
AFAIK, You won’t need to buy the switch panels separately. They are included in the kit itself. I’m attaching an image for the reference.

80131-Rbig.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Power window kits are available
there are lot of good brands like minda and auto cop.

you need to drill only few holes.
some times out of 3 , a hole may be present in door itself. Use good screw which will prevent start of rusting in case - but dont worry that is not a big issue.

Drilling hole in door pad to install the switch is also a easy job.
Not even drilling is required , just give some more thrust in door pad without the driller .

There will be a hook like set up - so the window will fix in them exactly.

If you are little bit intrested , you can do it of your own.

Thread Starter #9
ohhhh.. got it....And thanks guys. If some one has pictures of fixing them please post me.
That solves the problems. Now I need to find a online shop that send to my place. That’s the biggest problem for me.[confused]

Only go for the MGA ones when it comes to power windows for your Maruti. It will cost you around 6500 INR for just the front units and its around 11000 INR for the four door set up. MGA ones are better in quality and do come with a warranty, I believe its for a year. I'll post the pictures of the MGA ones on my Alto soon.

Only go for the MGA ones when it comes to power windows for your Maruti. It will cost you around 6500 INR for just the front units and its around 11000 INR for the four door set up. MGA ones are better in quality and do come with a warranty, I believe its for a year. I'll post the pictures of the MGA ones on my Alto soon.
Nippon , which is auto cop manufactures for mga

Top Bottom