Upgrading from Wagon-R - Honda Brio OR Ford Figo?

Thread Starter #1
hi friends.
please suggest me, i want to change my car, currently driving wagonr...Within 5 lac rupees.

monthly use of 600-1000 kms, petrol.

confuse between Brio and Figo.

i know the two cars are totaly different but price difference of figo zxi and bio S is just 5k rupees.
taken test drive of both the cars, also took a TD of micra and beat too...but still not sure about them.

BRIOImpressed buy its inside space, legroom at backseats is too good almost to equal to figo, 90mm more wider than beat and equal to figo at 1680mm, so good shoulder room, feels very airy when sitting inside, fabrics colour and quality is very good, and there is no doubt about the engine and performance is class apart from beat, fuel efficiency also committed by them is 18.4 as on average
But almost zero boot space, and the looks from outside is minus from me...

FIGO in all the four its looks are more like a car, heavy build,i like its looks a lot...its interior are also very good features offered are more than others.
fuel efficiency i doubt as i read in blogs is 11kmpl in city which is not good at all and after sales service is not good as told by a figo user in my city, still a fan of figo its space, exterior looks, car's stability on road...handling excellent

Beat looks are very good, engine is good, interiors are also good but u fell like cramped in rear seat. Comparing price of beat LT and Brio S which are almost same price and offering same features.

Micrai like the look of white micra a lot but is 30k costlier than Brio with same features, also ground clearance is very less~155 mm. also the engine is 3cylinder type, i do not know if how much it matters but i read some where it produces some noise in latter stages.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I personally feel that the Brio looks too girly, but when it comes to petrol hatches, nothing beats Honda & Maruti.

So you should have a look at Jazz, Swift, Ritz also.

Why are you not considering i10 & i20? The 1.2 Kappa engine is awesome.

Last edited:
Why don't you take a look at the Punto 1.2 Dynamic. It costs the same, looks very nice, and i believe is the best handler of the lot. Buy it only if you love to drive, because the dynamic is bit short on features as compared to the cars you mentioned here.

Go for Figo Zxi!!

As you have rightly pointed out it looks like a car well built. Interiors are cool, the OEM ICE is the best I have ever heard in hatchbacks, AC is very good. Certainly the handling of this car need not be written about. It is very stable even at a speed of 150 kmph;my friend has even gone to 165 kmph and it was well in control.

After sales is not a problem at least in MH-12. Hope it would be as good in GJ-5.

Fuel economy - 12.5-13.5 KMPL city & 15-16 KMPL highways.

Hope this helps your decision!

Why don't you take a look at the Punto 1.2 Dynamic. It costs the same, looks very nice, and i believe is the best handler of the lot. Buy it only if you love to drive, because the dynamic is bit short on features as compared to the cars you mentioned here.

:agree:

Swift may also be a good option.

As far as petrol car is concerned, Brio is the best choice among the four mentioned. It is also winner in ACI i10 vs Brio shootout.

Figo is a very good car in its diesel avtar - but for petrol: it is not as exciting.

However, Brio might have supply issues- so check with dealer about delivery date. Production of Brio & Jazz in last month was 0.

hi friends.
please suggest me, i want to change my car, currently driving wagonr...Within 5 lac rupees.

monthly use of 600-1000 kms, petrol.

confuse between Brio and Figo.

i know the two cars are totaly different but price difference of figo zxi and bio S is just 5k rupees.
taken test drive of both the cars, also took a TD of micra and beat too...but still not sure about them.

BRIOImpressed buy its inside space, legroom at backseats is too good almost to equal to figo, 90mm more wider than beat and equal to figo at 1680mm, so good shoulder room, feels very airy when sitting inside, fabrics colour and quality is very good, and there is no doubt about the engine and performance is class apart from beat, fuel efficiency also committed by them is 18.4 as on average
But almost zero boot space, and the looks from outside is minus from me...

FIGO in all the four its looks are more like a car, heavy build,i like its looks a lot...its interior are also very good features offered are more than others.
fuel efficiency i doubt as i read in blogs is 11kmpl in city which is not good at all and after sales service is not good as told by a figo user in my city, still a fan of figo its space, exterior looks, car's stability on road...handling excellent

Beat looks are very good, engine is good, interiors are also good but u fell like cramped in rear seat. Comparing price of beat LT and Brio S which are almost same price and offering same features.

Micrai like the look of white micra a lot but is 30k costlier than Brio with same features, also ground clearance is very less~155 mm. also the engine is 3cylinder type, i do not know if how much it matters but i read some where it produces some noise in latter stages.

thanks in advance.
Welcome to TAI !

You have listed your options but you haven't listed your priorities i.e what you want out of your car. Though I can make out a lot of things going by what you have mentioned in your post, I'd (and I'm sure all other forum members here) rather have you list your choice of menu than coax you to eat what I serve.

Nevertheless, since your first car was a Wagon R, it seems reasonable to assume that you like frugal, reliable cars with reasonable space and peace of mind afforded by consistently good after sales service at a realistic price.

All cars listed by you have their plus and minus points. The Brio has a fantastic engine and it being a Honda, will keep chugging along after world war III. The Figo is solid and spacious. The Beat is full of features with a love-me-or-hate-me design, and the Micra comes with Japanese reliability and a driver's airbag as standard (that's why it's Rs. 30000 costlier than the others).

Among your choices, the car that comes closest to the (positive) attributes that your Wagon R has provided to you till date is the Brio. However, you must test drive all cars and then come to a conclusion irrespective of what anyone else says. You may also want to consider tha i10 and the Ritz/Swift - excellent cars with very good petrol engines and great after sales service.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, Go for the figo if you want space and are impressed with its looks. It has really nice and admirable interiors. You can go for the ZXi variant. The brio isnot to my liking because of the Rear glass panel from which anyone can peep into the boot and the rear side profile is the just Love-me-or-hate-me. The beat is excellent on the features it offers but again rear legroom and boot space are a matter of concern. If you drive alone most of the time you can go for the Beat. Else, being a Waggie owner, you can also check reliable cars from maruti like the ritz Vxi, in the swift you will be dissapointed with the boot space.
Good Luck

I too had the same dilemma, finally i decided to go for Ritz Vxi, the safest option, as the car is primarily for my parents. But, if it's for your personal drive and you are an enthusiast, better go for Brio or i10 kappa. As far as I know Ritz engine is as good as those two's, but Brio and i10 look more sporty.

if you are upgrading from Wagon R, then i think both these cars will not suit you in terms of headroom and space, as i am also having a New wagon R and its headroom is very good.

So i think try out Jazz.,, As its a Honda Badge which comes with reliable ASS and excellency in Petrol engines. So From wagon R to Jazz is the right upgrade.....

Top Bottom