Upgrading 2006 Maruti Esteem Headlights.

Thread Starter #1
New model esteem OEM headlights are not sufficient on roads, with the help of Fog lamp only, we can see anything on roads and also it gets little bit dim, while using A/c and ICE. I am planning to upgrade the bulbs to 90/100 W. Whether any relay or additional wiring required for the same? I had done the same in my old 800. Did this will damage the headlight unit due to excess heat?
is there any other idea to increase the light? I am neither planning HID nor have a big budget. Please share your ideas.

Re: Upgrading 2006 esteem headlights.

You need a wiring kit and a relay to install 100/90 bulbs. It would damage the reflectors in long time.But many of them are using it. Just turn the HL when you are at signals etc so that heat can be reduced.

Cost of wiring kit and relay - philips - 1400, Bosch - 1100rs, Roots - 900 rs

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Varun. Any way it is pending till now due to not get a good auto electrician, My car's wiring kit is stock condition and no one touched it till now. it never given m e any problems and the bulbs and the spare head lightbulb also stock.
Now i thinking of changing the bulb to good quality one. I heard philips has some quality bulbs in the same 55-60W, which can give better light. Could you please share your experiance. which bulb is better in the same watts or any other options, without changing stock wiring?
I dont feel the light focus adjusting switch in the car is working. I could nt see any change, if we adjust it too 0 to 1 , 2, or 4. How can we check it has any issues. My car i bought us used one

I am also planning to upgrade the stock headlights of my 2006 esteem.
I will be getting Philips Extreme Vison. It gives more lights for the same wattage 55/60
Planning to have it installed nextwweek, maybe Wednesday

Thread Starter #5
That is great Suku. Please share your experiance after changing the bulb. Are you sure it will have a noticeable differnce than the stock bulb? is it blue/whitish color or same like the stock Halogen? I shall change the bulbs after getting your experiance only.

Nice to See fellow esteemers !

I always felt left out seeing those wonderful threads on M800's started by other members.

Hoping to hear a lot from you Reelesh and Suku_Patel_22, Cheers !

Last edited:
Have any of you guys got your front suspension studs changed?
During this service the mechanic suggexted to get both the front studs and mount changed.
Expected expense: 5k

@RPM2500: Which esteem do you own?

ok so xtreme vision gives same light as 100/90.
I bought my esteem 2nd hand, so didnt know that my Esteem already has 100/90, so it was almost the same light.
Put one xTreme vision on right and 100/90 on left, looks the same brightness.

Unfortunately had already bought the xtreme visions for 880 and they are now lying in my drawer :(.

Thread Starter #12
I had changed my headlight bulbs to Osaram night breaker plus. Philips xtreme vision was out of stock on the shops near by my home, so selected Osaram. Shop owner said Osaram was better lasting than the Philips, Not sure about that. The bulb set cost was Rs.1150.
The lights really increased. Earlier light focus was not correct and the adjusting motor was not working.Which was corrected and now it gets the light like any other good cars. I feel the heat is more than the 55-60w bulb and we can really experience it on the front plastic/fiber glass.may be it is less than the 100-90 W bulbs. I didn't changed the stock wiring or relay.It works well with the original set up. Bulb holders is also same stock thin plastic ones. Not sure the increased heat will make any effect on that. I didn't used the headlight for long time travel after the change, so i cant confirm any after effects.

Thread Starter #13
Can anybody help me to get the right side fog lamp of My 2006 esteem? I fed up with follow ups with MGP shops here. I got left side one from them at a price of 1250rs. Though they does not worth the rupees. My fog lamp glas broken sometime before and the only way is to replace the full set.

Thread Starter #15
I need the type 3 esteem right side fog lamp( round type). MGp price for this one piece here is Rs.1250.Could you please check thr? If available i am ready to buy.

By the way i tried DIY for the fog lamp glass. As my mechanic told, i went to local glass shop with the fog lamp removed and they cut glass in round as per the measurement and give to me at a cost of Rs.10[:D] also bought a silicon glue paste at Rs.40. DIY idea was good till this and when i saw the aerosol spray paint at the shop at Rs.180, i bought one bottle silver paint and sprayed it in the reflector of the damaged fog lamp and then fixed the glass with silicon Glue. It was looking good at that time, but after 2 days, the paint i sprayed had burnt and the total lamp looks in brown colour though it still working.

Top Bottom