Updates on Price Cut on Indian Cars

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Seldom one hears of this news. Perhaps that’s the reason why there was no such thread on our forum so far while price hike thread used to pop up now and then. Thanks to the revised excise duty on interim budget, certain auto manufacturers have decided to pass on full benefit to the consumers. Here's a list of some of them.

Audi:

> Q7: Rs.2,84,000 – Rs.3,82,000

> Q5: Rs.2,22,000

> A4: Rs.72,000 – Rs.90,000

Hyundai:

> From Rs.10,000 – Rs.1,35,000 across all models.

Mercedes Benz:

> GL Class: Rs.2,00,000

> C Class: Rs.55,000

> E Class: Rs.76,000

Nissan:

Price cut in the range of 4% – 6% across all models.

Volkswagen

> Polo: Rs.18,000 – Rs.31,000

> Vento: Rs.14,500 – Rs.27,000

> Jetta: Rs.38,000 – Rs.51,000

Related Links:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2381-indian-cars-price-hike-news-updates.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...87-monthly-discounts-schemes-indian-cars.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: The 2014 Honda City (First Look: Page 12)

finally honda anounced price cut. New price effective from today.[clap]

Honda Brio Rs 399,900 – Rs 599,900
Honda Amaze
Petrol
Rs 499,900 – Rs 755,000
Diesel
Rs 597,500 – Rs 749,500
Honda City
Petrol
Rs 719,000 – Rs 1,080,000
Diesel
Rs 837,000 – Rs 1,089,000
Honda CR-V Rs 2,025,000 – Rs 2,436,000
https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaCenter/view_press_releases.aspx?pr_id=300

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagerly waiting Maruti's announcement. Dealer was pushing me to take delivery of the Celerio by saying that the price cut will be after 3 months. I told him thats a load of bull and I will only take delivery after the price cut and if it is 3 months as he says I will wait 3 months. Even if he decides to allot the car to someone else, no one will buy it knowing the price cut.

Mahindra & Mahindra has also joined the league now by slashing prices of its various models.

India's largest UV manufacturer Mahindra and Mahindra has announced a reduction in price across its passenger vehicle portfolio between Rs 13,000 to Rs 49,000, following the cut in excise duties levied by the Indian government.
Apart from all vehicles sold under the Mahindra brand name, the company will also offer a more substantial reduction in price of Rs 92,000 on its premium Ssangyong Rexton SUV. The changes in prices of vehicles will come into effect as off immediately.

Carmakers like Maruti, Hyundai and Volkswagen cut prices after excise duty reduction

NEW DELHI: Following the surprise reduction in excise duty on Monday, carmakers have decided to pass on the benefits to customers by dropping prices, a move they hope will lift their fortunes at the fag end of the fiscal after a year of gloom and dismal sales.

The biggest relief came from Maruti Suzuki that controls more than 40% of the 2.6 million Indian passenger car market. It dropped prices in the range of Rs 8,197 for its basic Maruti 800 model, going up to Rs 30,984 for its SX4 sedan. Alto, the country's largest-selling car, will now be cheaper by Rs 11,784 while the newlylaunched Celerio will cost Rs 13,615 less, which will make the hatchback's starting price at Rs 3,76,385 (ex-showroom ) Delhi. The car was launched at the invitation price of Rs 3.90 lakh on February 6 at the 12th Auto Expo.

"We have passed on the excise benefits to the customers and the deliveries for new cars have started from Wednesday based on the new prices," said a senior Maruti Suzuki executive. South Korean carmaker Hyundai has gone for bigger price cuts on its cars: the quantum of benefits will vary from Rs 10,000 to Rs 1,35,300 across all its models.

"The reduction in excise duty will substantially reduce prices, making cars more affordable. Hyundai Motor has extended the excise benefits to customers with immediate effect and will also support its dealerships suitably on the price compensation," said Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice president (marketing & sales) Hyundai Motor India.

The reduction in car prices is likely to resurrect a market that has been knocked out by poor sales, triggered by high fuel prices and rising interest rates, forcing customers to put off purchases. Car sales fell 10% to 18.07 lakh in 2013, arguably one of the worst years for the industry. Companies like Volkswagen, that have been facing tough times in the Indian market with a 15% drop in sales, has cut prices by Rs 18,000-31,000 for the Polo hatchback. Its Vento sedan will now be cheaper by Rs 14,500-27,000 while the premium Jetta sedan prices have been cut in the range of Rs 38,000-51 ,000 with immediate effect.

"We have passed on the entire excise benefit to our customers, and hope this move will help improve the market sentiment in the automotive industry," said Arvind Saxena, MD, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India. Utility vehicle maker Mahindra & Mahindra too announced a reduction in prices of its passenger vehicle portfolio spanning from Rs 13,000 to Rs 49,000. The company cut prices of its premium SUV, the Rexton, by up to Rs 92,000. Japanese carmaker Honda Cars India also cut prices in the range of Rs 14,650 to Rs 44,741 for its Brio hatchback to the top-end CR-V range of vehicles. On February 17, finance minister P Chidambaram had cut excise duty to 8% from 12% for small cars, scooters, motorcycles and commercial vehicles in a bid to stimulate demand.

While the excise was reduced to 20% for mid-sized cars from the earlier 24%, and the large cars would be taxed at 24% from the earlier 27%. The excise for the bulky sports utility vehicles was cut to 24% from the earlier 30%. Two-wheeler firms have also cut prices after the government's initiative to spur demand. Hero MotoCorp has reduced prices across its product portfolio in the range of 2% to 5% with the maximum cut being Rs 4,500 on its Karizma bike. While its competitor Honda has made its two-wheelers more affordable by cutting its Dream Neo bike by Rs 1,600, and the CBR 250R Rs 7,600.

Source - TOI

Eagerly waiting Maruti's announcement. Dealer was pushing me to take delivery of the Celerio by saying that the price cut will be after 3 months. I told him thats a load of bull and I will only take delivery after the price cut and if it is 3 months as he says I will wait 3 months. Even if he decides to allot the car to someone else, no one will buy it knowing the price cut.
my mom has also booked a Celerio VXi AMT. yesterday i made here call the dealer to inquire about the delivery and price cut and the dealer was quick to point out that they have a Blue one which was the display vehicle and will pass on the benefit of 15000 which is the excise cut but since it has accessories worth 18k installed , she would have to pay for that. I told my mom to refuse the delivery since the display vehicle could have been used as Test Drive vehicle plus why should we commit to all accessories they have installed.

Yes you should not take delivery of any display vehicle regardless of what dealer says / promises. Next he may offer to waive those accessory charges also.

NB- Tata Motors yet to cut prices/update their sites with new prices.

Yes you should not take delivery of any display vehicle regardless of what dealer says / promises. Next he may offer to waive those accessory charges also.

NB- Tata Motors yet to cut prices/update their sites with new prices.
+1

wrt tata, so much discount is anyways being offered, they must be confused how to pass the excise cut :p

Top Bottom