Upcoming Tata Nano Facelift in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercharged Nano-more fiction?

Tata Nano petrol and diesel to get supercharged engines | Rush Lane

According to this report the Nano 800 will be 'supercharged'. Well, given that the nano diesel has been coimng so long that even ardent tata fans cant help but feel cynical i wonder if this news is also one such coming soon.. story?
All told, hope TML is actually doing some hard work 'behind the scene"-not only with the Nano[;)]

Thread Starter #33
Re: Supercharged Nano-more fiction?

According to this report the Nano 800 will be 'supercharged'. Well, given that the nano diesel has been coimng so long that even ardent tata fans cant help but feel cynical i wonder if this news is also one such coming soon.. story?
All told, hope TML is actually doing some hard work 'behind the scene"-not only with the Nano[;)]
Supercharged 800cc petrol motor with a rear wheel drive platform sounds unbelievable, i hope that this piece of news is true

Re: Upcoming Tata Nano Facelift!

Updates about diesel Nano -

The Tata Nano’s ailing sales need a shot in the arm and we expect the upcoming diesel version to deliver exactly that.

The long overdue diesel model which was originally supposed to be out by now was reportedly marred by development bottlenecks. Tata has been testing the diesel Nano for quite long. The car is expected to be launched after the CNG version is released.

Mr. Shubham N. Ghute, our avid reader from Satara presents us this set of spyshots of the Tata Nano diesel which was spotted on the Pune to Satara highway. One of the wheels has “Diesel” written on it, making the decoding simpler for us!

The diesel engine which is expected to be a turbocharged 800cc unit could enable the lightweight hatchback to reclaim its title as India’s most fuel efficient car. We expect a 5-speed transmission to be mated to the oil burner.

Along with the new engine, the Nano is heading for a facelift and that explains the camouflaged front and rear fascias. The opening in front camouflage reveals a new honeycomb mesh for the air dam.

The changes to the rear fascia are more interesting since there lies a hint of a proper rear hatch door. There is a small protrusion below the wind shield which appears to be a keyhole. The rear bumper is also new and features bigger cooling area. The interior looks similar to the current model except for the placement of the hazard light switch on the dashboard and the comet trail design on the door trims.

Tata Motors would be banking heavily on the diesel variant to spike sales numbers of the little runabout which is seeing sales dwindle steadily.

Source, Pictures : Spied - IAB reader captures the Tata Nano diesel

Tata Nano to have more peppier engines and more features pulling it out from the Cheap category. That the new plan of Karl Sym.

Apart from adding more features to the current nano, he plans to launch the new Nano based on the PIXEL concept dispalyed in the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. The new Nano is expected to come with new interface that includes all electronic vehicle with more modern engines, power steering and features - that will ofcourse pull it out from the 'cheap' tag category.

So, if it is added features such as peppier engines, touch screens and satellite navigation then it'll be a life style vehicle than a low cost commuter.

Source : Bloomberg.com

Thread Starter #36

Attachments

That does not seem to be any major changes from 2012 version, at least externally. Meanwhile Nano prices have been increased silently.

The boot does not seem to open able still now ?[frustration]

I liked this blue color in nano, will be happy to hear if they release diesel version along. (will be the first one to book too!)

Yes, agree with some colors they really look cool with blue color. But if they could eliminate the auto engine sound from the car then it would really mean a good facelift. Sure they are small and flexible cars but with some more improvements the Nano can win the heart of every owner out there.

Does your useage justifies a Diesel purchase?
I could use for my daily commute to my office which is good 50kms to and fro, and saves lot of time from boarding the cab, anyway i don't have financial crisis currently, so this could be a way for enthusiasm [;)].

What do you suggest friend?

Jayd

Suspended

The new design will adopted across the entire line-up of the upcoming Nano variants - the Nano diesel, the Nano 800 and the 2014 Nano 624 / CNG. Expect the facelift Nano and the new line-up to make its debut at the 2014 Auto Expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom