Upcoming New Car Launches in 2012

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Car Launches in 2012

Year after year, the Indian automotive sector is becoming more and more exciting. New Premier Rio, Maruti Ertiga, Mini Countryman / Cooper, New Chevrolet Cruze, New Volkswagen Polo, SsangYong Models are some of those cars which I can instantly recall.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Adding to above list:-

Swift Dzire,
BMW 3 Series,
Hyndai Elantra,
Hyundai Sonata,
Honda City,
Mitsubishi Outlander,
Force Maxi Van (like Viano),
VW Up,
Volvo C70,
Renault Pulse,
Fiat Bravo,
Rolls Royce Ghost 4WD,
Maruti Jimmy,
VW Golf,
Audi Q3,
Range Rover Evoque,
Toyota Avanza,
Jaguar C-X75,
Renault Sandero.

I guess, there is no mid size sedan (around 10 L budget) going to be launched in 2012. [surprise]

payal

Suspended

Thanks Surfer for this great list, hope all this cars will be launching in 2012, so that people can make their choice out of them.

regards,
Payal

Thread Starter #22
Re: New Cars in 2012.

New Aveo ? That is great news I was under the impression that the model itself will phase out.

I think, Ford would like to launch New Fiesta Hatch in 2012. As the current new launch failed.
yes, the new ford fiesta seems failed. they need the 5 door version here :)

i think the Peugeot 508 will around that budget.
I dont think so. Please see an article below on Peugeot 508 spec for India

Peugeot would most likely present the 508 in India with a diesel engine and the diesel engine would be a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder turbocharged one producing 163 Bhp of power and 255 Nm of torque. An Aisin gearbox featuring a 6 speed auto transmission would be standard on the 508. A 1.6 liter turbocharged petrol motor is also available and it would have a peak output of 200 Bhp and 223 Nm of torque. The same 6 speed auto transmission would be present even on this motor and paddle shifts would also be provided. Performance is not so strong as the 160 Bhp TSI motor of the Superb but it would nevertheless have a better top end. Details about the motors to be used is still a sketchy thing and more details would surface once Peugeot throws light about the car’s launch in here. The localization limit would also decide if Peugeot could be able to throw in some more goodies at an affordable pricing.

The 508 would have safety features galore with even Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), ABS and also Laser Guidance. 6 airbags would be standard fare. As far as fuel efficiency goes, the 508 tops the list of aspirational cars in Europe and this should be saying something about its fuel efficiency. However, no figures have been yet put into perspective. The Peugeot 508 price in India should ideally start from the Rs 20 lakhs mark. At this price, Peugeot can be assured of a safe entry mark back into the Indian car market. Moreover, Peugeot would have to build up a good dealer and service network rapidly. The Indian car buyers would definitely want exclusivity but it wouldn’t be at the cost of sacrificing practicality. We are a demanding nation Peugeot and we are sure that you know about it from your previous stint here.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Add to this list:

- New Volkswagen Beetle

- Upgraded Toyota Prius

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom