Upcoming Compact SUVs in India

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
Lets discuss about upcoming Compact SUV's in India. Let me start with the few ones.

1. Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha.
2. Honda SUV (Jazz platform).
3. Mahindra S102.
4. Hyundai IX-35 (Grand i10 platform).
5. Chevrolet Trax.

Mods: If there is any thread already existing with the same, please merge this.

Last edited:
Re: Upcoming Compact SUV's in India

The Taigun is an under 4 metre SUV, which means compact.
I am not sure whether Chevrolet will bring the Trax here.
Honda's Vezel will not be coming to India. Instead, a compact SUV on the Jazz/Brio platform will be coming.

Honda SUV based on Jazz Platform is the Vezel. Its not coming here but what is coming is a SUV based on Brio Platform. Honda Vision XS-1 Concept which will debut at the 2014 Auto Expo next month. It will be another World Premier unveiled in India.

The mini SUV market is hot and is attracting almost all major manufacturers. having said that, the new concept is called CROSS. Even though SKODA Fabia and VW Polo try was a dud, and even TATA thought about it initially, now I understand FIAT is getting a PUNTO CROSS. So i will definitely keep that added in mini SUV segment.

Also had heard that TOYOTA was planning something on the lines of Rush. But as always Toyota is keeping things secret.

Chevrolet Trax had been in news for over a year now, but I havent seen a confirmation from their end recently. It does look good, but then all depends on if it is coming?

Autocar reports that GM (Chevy) will be unveiling a concept compact SUV in AutoExpo 2014. The C-SUV is based on same Gamma II platform as the Beat,Aveo,Sail and Sonic. The model to be unveiled is not the Trax as it is not cheap enough to compete with Ecosport.

Concept sketch courtesy Autocar:
ImageResizerWM.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.au%2fExtraImages%2f20140123114852_chevy_conce.jpg

Top Bottom